Get another gate or two.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get another gate or two.

The US has to pay Russia a considerable amount of money for the use of its stargate and we've seen in the past that it gives Russia a considerable amount of leverage in negotiations so; why don't the US give the Russians back their stargate and get an used one from some dead planet?

We know it is possible to reprogramme a gate from what Baal was trying to do in "Off The Grid".

What would the Russians, and possibly the Chinese, do with the gate? Could they be let loose with it?

Let loose?

There's the reason the US took the Russian gate: they didn't want the Rusians ot keep it.

Nowadays, you could probaly get your hands on a gate prety easily. Get off wolrd, steal a cargo ship, hyperlift the gate to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
      The US has to pay Russia a considerable amount of money for the use of its stargate and we've seen in the past that it gives Russia a considerable amount of leverage in negotiations so; why don't the US give the Russians back their stargate and get an used one from some dead planet?

We know it is possible to reprogramme a gate from what Baal was trying to do in "Off The Grid".

What would the Russians, and possibly the Chinese, do with the gate? Could they be let loose with it?
      theyve gathered the before, when getting some for the gate bridge, they needed to drag 16 gates to a middle of nowhere, next to nothing, and to make the gate primary when they give the russians their gate back they just get a dhd, but still use the dialing computer like in the alpha site.
      "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

primary only counts on incoming dials. a macro could be made to auto dial annother gate, or just use a mark 1 generator to supercharge the gate and let it jump to the second gate. it would require more effort, but it wont be impossible

Comment

The problem of paying the Russians is nowhere as close to the problem of alienating them. By continuing the deal we keep leverage in that they can't go public. The deal goes belly up, the Russians have no reason to keep the gate secret, and the 1st hand evidence to prove it.

If they did get their hands on a gate they would need a DHD to reprogram it. The US did get the DHD back from them, right?

Comment

No. I think they blew it up.
            Originally posted by Craig Charles
            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Didn't the US buy the russian gate in exchange for the Korolev ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
                Didn't the US buy the russian gate in exchange for the Korolev ?
                No I think it was part of the renting deal.

It's kind of like how the Russians also got the designs for the 302 and the 303 when SGC got the gate off the Russians

Comment

yes i agree that we should just go and het a gate and give the russians back their gate. we know that the russians have no intrest in running their own stargate program. so i say we give them their gate back and stop paying them what is probolly billions of dollars. and what is really funny is that they cant do anything as long as we keep sharing the technology we recover.

ba'al was trying to create an independant network of gates. that is entirely different from just moving a gate, b/c if you jsut move a gate then you dont really need to reprogram it.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

No, the Reds shouldn't get the gate! Because then they will start messing up everything in the galaxy

you don't want to watch Stargate: We rule galaxy, da?

Go Green

Comment

I have just thought, if we give the rissians their gate back then they may just rent it to the Chinese.

In some ways i'd like to see this as the Chinese don't do anything by half and anything they prouced would undoubtedly be significantly larger than what the US has made.

Look at the size of the Three Gorges Dam.

There would be problems however in running two gates simultaneously though as one could not be used while the other was in use and in crunch situations that wouldn't be useful.

I'd also worry about what other nations would do about the treaties with other worlds that have been created.

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                        No, the Reds shouldn't get the gate! Because then they will start messing up everything in the galaxy

you don't want to watch Stargate: We rule galaxy, da?
                        Good Point

Comment

I have just thought, if we give the rissians their gate back then they may just rent it to the Chinese.

In some ways i'd like to see this as the Chinese don't do anything by half and anything they prouced would undoubtedly be significantly larger than what the US has made.

Look at the size of the Three Gorges Dam.

There would be problems however in running two gates simultaneously though as one could not be used while the other was in use and in crunch situations that wouldn't be useful.

I'd also worry about what other nations would do about the treaties with other worlds that have been created.

Then Clithulu shows up.

though it would make for an interesting situation. if not in the movie then in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                            Then Clithulu shows up.

though it would make for an interesting situation.
                            I think it'd be worth happening just to see the ensuing storylines.

Comment

I think it'd be worth happening just to see the ensuing storylines.
                              definitely!

Comment

Working...
                              X