This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonbase (Minor Continuum Spoilers)

So, I just watched Continuum, first thing I wanna say is wow! Just Wow!

The next thing I wanna say is about one of the last lines in the film, Cater says to O'Neill "Come on sir, I want to talk to you about the moon base idea" (or something along those lines). Now I'm not posting this so that we can discuse this "Moonbase". I'm here to do what President Hayes told SG-1 they could do;

Say I TOLD YOU SO!

Almost 3 years ago I suggested building a moonbase, Here. This was greated by either distain or mocking. But yet Brad Wright must of had the same idea (Or he read my Idea, which if the case; SWEET!), so I just wanna say it again;

I TOLD YOU SO!
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Congratulations.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
    Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

In my defense, I never even saw that post before now.....

However, really the only reason to build anything on the Moon is just for security and research. You know, a whole collection of Trinity turrents.

But really.....we don't need to do any research, considering we have all the knowledge of the Asgard, and wouldn't Mars or a planet far, far away be better suited.
      Line in the Sand - Episode 1012

"We must stand fight!"

Comment

You missed the best reason to build a base on the moon; A Massive Hiden Hanger!

That was my main argument last time, build a base on the moon from which we can build and launch our ships, with out having to worry about someone noticing those great big ships flying out of the deseart.
        The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
        Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Besides, in real life the US are thinking of a moonbase anyway.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post
            You missed the best reason to build a base on the moon; A Massive Hiden Hanger!

That was my main argument last time, build a base on the moon from which we can build and launch our ships, with out having to worry about someone noticing those great big ships flying out of the deseart.
            Though I'd imagine 304s are built offworld at the alpha site these days....
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              Besides, in real life the US are thinking of a moonbase anyway.
              Actually they're working on a mars base and a moon base. Scientist are split on which way to go, because both have advantages that the other doesn't.

Jedi: Yes, that would be pretty awesome and if earth is attacked the our ships could come up on them from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeyame View Post
                Actually they're working on a mars base and a moon base. Scientist are split on which way to go, because both have advantages that the other doesn't.

Jedi: Yes, that would be pretty awesome and if earth is attacked the our ships could come up on them from behind.
                The Mars Base being that oh... we haven't even put people on there yet, and it's not easily accesible.

Walk before you leap America, Walk before you leap.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I watched this thing on the science channel, and it was about that, and one of the down sides of going to the moon rather than mars is that going to mars is more cost effective compared to making a moon base. They also want to go to the Mars to terra-form the planet by polluting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeyame View Post

Actually, NASA has no official plans on any moon base. They do however plan to send men or women back to the moon in about 2020 and to Mars about 2030.

On topic however, doesn't it make more sense to build anything, including ships, on a planet with resources....aka an Alpha/Beta/Gamma site.
                    Line in the Sand - Episode 1012

"We must stand fight!"

Comment

Kinda, but not as much with the moon cause then it'll be close to earth in an emergency. Cause even if it was made on another planet they'd still have to build a place to keep the ships on or near earth. Why not build them were they'll dock?

Comment

Seriously, it would take all of 8 minutes to make one with Tokra crystals.

Comment

Yeah, but if earth is attacked and they launch, our ships will be at a disadvantage because shields are weaker in the atmosphere.

Comment

i support the idea of a moon base
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

As do I.

Comment

Working...
                              X