Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't get SCI-FI -- how can I watch SA season 5?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get SCI-FI -- how can I watch SA season 5?

Because satellite tv is too expensive and cable physically does not come down my road, I am limited to the programming on antenna channels. I have watched Stargate Atlantis on syndication in the past and some of season 4 fall 2007 while away to college. now I am at home don't have access to the SCI-FI channel except at my friends house who has a DVR through Dish Network or one of those companies. Since the end of May I have been getting caught up on seasons 1-4 via Netflix. And I didn't realize season 5 had started or I would have been recording those for later use. Such as now. I just completed season 4 and would like to know if there is some way I can gain access to the 4 episodes of season 5 that have aired as of this posting.

Try Itunes or Amazon Unbox. Those are the only legal methods, I think.

Comment

and to save me from deleting a post, the illegal methods of downloading are a forbidden topic here, so please, no one 'helpfully' post links
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Right, forgot to mention that I'm limited to 5 GB/month of internet download use by my ISP. So legal methods only please.

Comment

I get SciFi so I don't have to worry about using the Internet for Stargate, however my friends tell me iTunes works better than Amazon
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

If you have an iPod and want to take SGA with you wherever you go, you'll have to use iTunes. Unbox won't play on an iPod (unless you go through the process of copying/transcoding/etc.).

I've been iPodding S4 and eps 2-4 this seaons. I did Unbox for the first ep this season cuz iPod didn't have it up til Monday. Usually it's up on iTunes by Sat morning, but sometimes it gets delayed.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I have been a happy iTunes user for my Atlantis since Season Four started. It's definitely worth it ... but it sounds like you need a new ISP, if possible. Especially if you are paying more than peanuts, or live in a remote area, they shouldn't be capping your use like that.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by ncosens View Post
                Right, forgot to mention that I'm limited to 5 GB/month of internet download use by my ISP. So legal methods only please.
                I don't think I could stay under 5GB even if I were limited to legal methods. :-/

Comment

I use Amazon unbox. They are better IMO because they allow you to download the show 4x-- to 2 PC's and to 2 whachmacalit-- ipod'esque devices.

This makes them cooler than itunes because if your download screws up or your storage device dies you can re-download the episode.

Also, amazon has great customer service so if they make a mistake you can calmly berate them for their ineptitude and they give you like tons of refunds/credits.

In my experience getting a refund from itunes (when it is their mistake) is like pulling teeth.

Don't know if unbox is cheaper than itunes... on Unbox episodes are $1.89 (if you buy the whole season).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    I don't think I could stay under 5GB even if I were limited to legal methods. :-/
                    I was thinking the exact same thing. 5GB a MONTH?

Anyway, I always buy episodes off iTunes, though I hear Amazon unbox is good too.

Comment

Sorry but with your anemic Internet connection and not being near enough to a town for modern services, you're kind of between a rock and a hard place.

You can either wait for it to come out on DVD, find a way to buy satellite, or resign yourself to using up all your bandwidth for a couple months to download it.

Comment

You might have a problem with bandwidth. I use Amazon Unbox so I can have a portable copy for my Archos 605. Amazon allows me a PC copy and a portable copy (optional). The PC copy is about 600 MB as I recall while the portable copy is about 250 MB. That is about 800-900 MB per week! 4 episodes or so a month? Well you do the math. I don't know how big the itunes files are. You did not say how you watch you shows from Netflix-on the PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          I have been a happy iTunes user for my Atlantis since Season Four started. It's definitely worth it ... but it sounds like you need a new ISP, if possible. Especially if you are paying more than peanuts, or live in a remote area, they shouldn't be capping your use like that.

ncosens may not be able to change his/her ISP. I live out in the sticks and there is only one ISP who does a broadband service for this area and so I'm stuck with a 8GB monthly limit and a crappy connection - the only alternative is dial-up.

Comment

Dish Network is only like what?....30 bucks (USD) a month for 100 channels. However, if that is still not an option I suggest iTunes. Unlike Amazon, you aren't limited to how many devices you can put your videos on. If you know where to look, all your videos are saved as MPEG-4 files in your iTunes folderon your hard drive.
                            Line in the Sand - Episode 1012

"We must stand fight!"

Comment

since the question has been asked and answered...and folks are incapable of following the simple 'don't post download information' rule, this thread is closed
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X