This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam's Rank (Continuum vs Atlantis)

I think this belongs in this forum, but I may be wrong.

In SGA Sam was promoted from Lt. Col. to Col. (I presume so that she would have a higher rank than Shepherd). When she left in season five she said that SG1 was to make an appearance for the extraction of the last Baal clone.

However, in the end credit for Continuum it says her rank is Lt. Col.. Which is right? According to the chronology she should have been a Col. (which would also mean that Mitchell would have had to be promoted to Col. so that he would remain as the leader of SG1).

Anyone know the answer to this?

Joe Mallozzi said that the credits were a mistake. In Continuum, both Carter and Mitchell are full bird Colonels.

Comment

I believe when Continuum was made it was initially intended to take place after Ark of Truth but before SGA season 4, so Sam would have still been a Lt. Colonel.

But then when Amanda Tapping couldn't come back for season 5 because of Sanctuary, they added the line in Search and Rescue about SG1 making an appearance for Baal's extraction, which puts Continuum after Search and Rescue.

So I think the Continuum credits are wrong, Sam is a full-bird Colonel, and I think on Joe M's blog he says that Mitchell was also promoted so they're still the same rank.

Hope that helps.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iMenchi View Post

In SGA Sam was promoted from Lt. Col. to Col. (I presume so that she would have a higher rank than Shepherd). When she left in season five she said that SG1 was to make an appearance for the extraction of the last Baal clone.

However, in the end credit for Continuum it says her rank is Lt. Col.. Which is right? According to the chronology she should have been a Col. (which would also mean that Mitchell would have had to be promoted to Col. so that he would remain as the leader of SG1).

Good one, same problem, witch is it?
        The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Karhedron
        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
          Joe Mallozzi said that the credits were a mistake. In Continuum, both Carter and Mitchell are full bird Colonels.
          Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          I believe when Continuum was made it was initially intended to take place after Ark of Truth but before SGA season 4, so Sam would have still been a Lt. Colonel.

But then when Amanda Tapping couldn't come back for season 5 because of Sanctuary, they added the line in Search and Rescue about SG1 making an appearance for Baal's extraction, which puts Continuum after Search and Rescue.

So I think the Continuum credits are wrong, Sam is a full-bird Colonel, and I think on Joe M's blog he says that Mitchell was also promoted so they're still the same rank.

Hope that helps.
          You guys know for shore???
          The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
          Spoiler:
          Originally posted by Karhedron
          I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
            You guys know for shore???

Yes

It's the very truth
            += +lots of children
            Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller supporter!

Comment

she has the rank insignia of a full colonel in continuum, so the credits are a mistake

Comment

nonono. she was demoted after search and rescue as a final kick in the balls (figuritively, of course)

Comment

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

On the subject of ranks... I could have sworn I remember somewhere in Season 8 where Sam and Paul Davis congratulate each other on now being Lt. Colonel's, yet at the beginning of Continuum, Mitchell passes Paul Davis and says "Major" to him. Oops??

Comment

i don't recall seeing paul davis in s8
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Zero Hero Sky
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Sam's rank

Spoiler:

As for Davis he was Major in Zero Hour, he was metioned as Major in S9, and he's still a Major now. Poor guy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            As for Davis he was Major in Zero Hour, he was metioned as Major in S9, and he's still a Major now. Poor guy.
                            Yeah, Davis just can't get any love. The go-getter type he always seemed to be, you'd think he would at least be a Colonel by now.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by iMenchi View Post

Sam is a colonel. That was a mistake in Continuum. But Mitchell wouldn't have to be promoted because he never was the leader of SG-1.
                              Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
                              Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Working...
                              X