PDA

View Full Version : They'd better not kill off Baal.

Major_Griff
November 8th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Firstly let's try to keep this spoiler free. But I would be really pissed if they killed him this season. The reason for this is because I think that we need a big confrontation between him and Jack in a mini series or movie. It could work in an episode of the show, but only if Jack was in it for a bulk of the time, and since Zero Hour was this season's Jack heavy ep, it looks like we won't get that in an episode. And by big confrontation, I mean something huge that probably could ony be done with the budget of a movie or miniseries that ends with Jack killing him, perhaps in a brutal manner. What's your thoughts on this?

Janus
November 8th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Sorry, but IMHO thats'not going to happen.
They'll probably kill of Baal so they can focus on Anubis (again.)

Aither
November 8th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Baal is the most powerful System Lord (for the moment). So, if he dies, it would look as if Goa'uld were no more a threat for the humankind. However, Baal will have to die one day. And there are other foes :
Replicators, Anubis, the Aschen (they are certainly not dead), maybe the Reetoo (who knows ?), maybe the Aliens of Foothold (who knows ?), and the Trust which can become a threat not so trivial in the galaxy :)

David85
November 8th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Knowing the writers they will kill off all the bad guys, that way they can more time for Sam and Jack and Pete.

Ugly Pig
November 8th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Firstly let's try to keep this spoiler free. But I would be really pissed if they killed him this season.
Don't worry. They won't.

Ancient 1
November 8th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I thought the only good Goa'uld/System Lord was a dead Goa''uld/System Lord....so why wouldn't they kill him...eventually?

Skydiver
November 8th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I hope they don't mess with baal.

he is a truly evil man while nuby....eh nuby is a saturday afternoon serial villilan. All he needs is a mustach to twirl

Erik Pasternak
November 8th, 2004, 06:42 PM
I hope they don't mess with baal.

he is a truly evil man while nuby....eh nuby is a saturday afternoon serial villilan. All he needs is a mustach to twirl
I agree with Sky. Ba'al is a pretty cool villan, killing him off would not be cool. We just need to see him and Jack talk some more. :D

WraithWarrior
November 12th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Baal is pretty cool and it would be stupid to kill him off yet, maybe in the future. For now they should make him torture, kill, whatever Baal wants to do.

Larry
November 12th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Even if they did kill him off, that doesn't mean he's really dead. How many times did Aphophis come back?

Wass
November 12th, 2004, 06:46 PM
I think early indications are he won’t be killed off but who knows maybe towards the season final they might just get rid of him to make way for a new bad guy.

Erik Bloodaxe
November 13th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Oh, such a showdown between Jack and Baal could still be possible this season, as it was mentioned before that the beginning and ending of the season would be Jack-heavy, indicating we could still get another Jack-centric episode like Zero Hour again. :)

-Bloodaxe

Albion
November 13th, 2004, 08:46 AM
I'd really hate to see Ba'al killed off as he's been one of my favourites - very chilling, very menacing - and I feel that his potential to cause mayhem has only been scratched on the surface so far. He still has lots of potential imo!

It's not Ba'al I'm worried about mind you. I'm rather terrified they kill off someone else, rather more important to me. like Jacob That's the one that's had me gnawing at my fingernails.

Albion :)

Wass
November 13th, 2004, 09:09 AM
I'd really hate to see Ba'al killed off as he's been one of my favourites - very chilling, very menacing - and I feel that his potential to cause mayhem has only been scratched on the surface so far. He still has lots of potential imo!

It's not Ba'al I'm worried about mind you. I'm rather terrified they kill off someone else, rather more important to me. like Jacob That's the one that's had me gnawing at my fingernails.

That makes two of us but I hate to be the one to say this the rumour seems to be true.

The Great Lord Baal
September 28th, 2006, 02:21 AM

isnt jacob already dead

The Great Lord Baal
September 28th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Firstly let's try to keep this spoiler free. But I would be really pissed if they killed him this season. The reason for this is because I think that we need a big confrontation between him and Jack in a mini series or movie. It could work in an episode of the show, but only if Jack was in it for a bulk of the time, and since Zero Hour was this season's Jack heavy ep, it looks like we won't get that in an episode. And by big confrontation, I mean something huge that probably could ony be done with the budget of a movie or miniseries that ends with Jack killing him, perhaps in a brutal manner. What's your thoughts on this?
I dont think they will kill baal off because although its only a rumor i think he will truly go over to atlantis I think there is a need for a goauld there and who better than Baal.

Kyle
September 28th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I'm surethis has been said before in one thread or another, but the idea of crossing a Go'auld into Atlantis to join against the wraith is a pretty good idea. And Baal seems as good a Go'auld as any, especially considering that aren't very many left.

Daniel Jackson
September 28th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Baal appears in three more episodes this season. "Reckoning, Parts 1 & 2" and a cameo in "Threads" if you see the 63-minute version.

Will Jack have a final showdown with Baal? If he does, it would have to be in Season 8.

Spoilers for Seasons 9 & 10
O'Neill has only returned for three episodes so far. The first two were cameos, and the third was a comedy. He's slated to return for one more episode, but it won't feature Baal. I like the idea of Jack's final episode featuring a showdown with Baal. Maybe they'll do a TV movie with RDA front and center with Baal as the central villain?

Major_Griff
September 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Wow I posted this two years ago! How did this ever resurface?

Dromag67
September 28th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Wow I posted this two years ago! How did this ever resurface?

Necro (aka bringing something back from the dead, in this case a thread)

:mckay:

JoshuaJSlone
October 2nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
isnt jacob already dead
Depends a bit on whether it's November 2004, when that concern was typed, or September 2006, when you replied.

VolrathEvincar
October 27th, 2006, 10:55 AM
He ain't dead yet mofo!
Ba'al is the new Apophis, he just won't die, the damn cockroach!

Krisz
November 5th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Can't kill him off, he's sort of become the Goa'uld 'Harry Maybourne'!