McKay Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay Question

Sorry if I spelled Dr. McKay's name incorrectly.

Ok, with that out of the way, I have a question. McKay stated that aside from the drive creator, two other McKays worked on the drive before "our" McKay. I remember the dead McKay in the drive bay, but when was the second one mentioned or introduced? I re-watched the episode a half dozen times and couldn't find the reference.

The two other McKays were both the creator and the alternate one, I don't think a third was mentioned

edit, he says "Including the original designer, not one but two versions of myself have failed to make it work"

Comment

Originally posted by NIKIN View Post
      The two other McKays were both the creator and the alternate one, I don't think a third was mentioned

edit, he says "Including the original designer, not one but two versions of myself have failed to make it work"
      I guess the "failed to make it work" is what confused me. Technically I guess the original Rodney got it to work to a point, otherwise the ship wouldn't be zipping threw AU. The creator Rodney just wasn't able to get it to return back to the original AU universe.

Comment

Yeah the creator of the AU drive was the first McKay (one of Col. Sobol's men) and the second McKay was the one found dead on the Deady, and the third McKay was our one.
        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by dschnell View Post
          I guess the "failed to make it work" is what confused me. Technically I guess the original Rodney got it to work to a point, otherwise the ship wouldn't be zipping threw AU. The creator Rodney just wasn't able to get it to return back to the original AU universe.
          Well he did fail to make it work, hence it jumping randomly throughh dimensions

Comment

yea the extra mckay was the one who originally made the drive, i think at one point he says something about it when he first checks out the dead mckays work, but when i can get back to my computer ill have another look a t the episode

Comment

Working...
            X