This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum works and works well.

I first saw Continuum before it came out on DVD and thought it was okay, a good Stargate story but maybe not as good as some of the Gateworld hype made it out to be. I still bought it on DVD, being the loyal Stargate fan that I am.

Tonight was the first night that I watched it on DVD...I hadn't watched it before tonight because it was the first chance that I had to watch it, and I knew my parents were going to be flying in for the next week. I wanted to wait and test it out on them to see if it really DID work for non-fans of SG.

After dinner, we all sat down around the TV to watch it. Myself, a loyal fan who has seen every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis multiple times and has all the DVD's (minus season 5 of Atlantis, my Uncle, who is also a big Stargate fan, my grandma, whom I got hooked on Stargate myself last summer (to everyone's shock and surprise), my mom, who, if anything, is a causal Sci-fi fan. She enjoys Sci-fi but is not die-hard, but she will sit down and watch it with me. My dad, who to the best of my knowledge has not watched any sci-fi since the end of the Star Trek: The Next Generation and some early Deep Space Nine, and occasionally would sit in on an episode of whatever show I might be watching, and my aunt, who is not a sci-fi fan at all. My dad didn't start out watching it with us, but was in the other room in his laptop. He came in to join us about the time that Earth came under attack.

My aunt had watched the last movie, Ark of Truth with us (to my surprise), and said she enjoyed it even if she didn't under stand what was going on (not to my surprise). Needless to say I was very interested to see what everyone's reactions would be. Would the non-fans hate it? Especially the non-S/F fans? And surprisingly, I think everyone enjoyed it. They all laughed at the right moments, and while I or my Uncle may have had to explain some stuff occasionally, they seemed to understand what was going on. And as for me, I found that I enjoyed the movie myself after a second viewing...I don't know what it was, but I had a better appreciation for the work that everyone did, all of the actors were at the top of their game in this one and gave enjoyable performances, the visual effects were brilliant, the character moments were great, and the music was excellent.

So if you haven't yet, I would suggest sitting down with some friends who aren't Stargate fans and watching the movie with them. I can't say that I've created any new fans, but I think that everyone will at least have an enjoyable time and maybe be open to watching more Stargate.
    That is just my two cents.

That is very good to hear! It bodes well for this movie and the next ones (which I am counting on). It's also nice to hear that all the hard work of all the folks involved with the movie can be appreciated by more than the die hard fans such as myself.

Comment

Working...
    X