This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do You love Stargate so much?

I love stargate so much...i was thinking...and i think i finally figured out why i love it so much. First of all is probably the reality of it, starting from present time and the mountain complex they choose for the setting. Secondly, it's the thoughtfulness of everything...how everything is put and feets together, and it is understandable...that i love in any series. Thirldy, and lastly, i think it's the characters i love...the best part of that is that they do not really change, as they were set in the begining, they have the same character now, but they do gain knowlage and experience, and that does change them a little, but that is good.
    The only thing i do not really like about any of this serieses, is that in every episode there is somekind of problem that has to be solved. I'd like to see "A Daniel's/Sam's" episode, where all they do is get introduced to a new cultur, or new technology, and it's all troughly explained...I'd love that...
    And then, another thing why I love SG-1 for is SAM, I think she's hot. I really loved "THE BROCA DIVIDE" where she "attacked" Jack in tanktop, umm gosh!!!
    And I love how Jack makes fun of repeats in stories, like when they always get attacked by different races, in different episodes, he'll say something like "when do we not?" or something like that, it's cracking me up!!!
    And I love how Danny is smart...they way he thinks.
    And I love how Teal'c will do anything to save his friends, reminds me of me.
    Well...when I'll understand more, I'll post again.
    Tnx, for listening. now tell me why do you love it so much.

the plot of stargate is just captivating. everything fits really well and despite minor discrepency's in the storyline everything is like a jigsaw puzzle. the characters are really what make the show amazing. colonel o'neill is my idol...i'm sorry but i worship him he's perfect :-p...hammond is like the surrogate dad to all the ppl...daniel is like the geeky but passionate person who has a drive to do what he wishes to...teal'c is just cool i mean come on the eyebrows...carter is the female that represents females really well as in women are not just beings that stand aside and watch the men do the work...janet is such a great doctor and friend to all of sg-1...all the other characters seem to mesh so well with the others...it brings a dynamic to the show which just makes it stand out. it just proves to show a tv show is like baking...to make the product turn out just right the ingredients have to be perfect.
    My flickr photography.

Comment

Simple...Because it's Stargate!!!
      I love everything about Stargate, the Characters, the action, the storylines, Ship, Jaffa Jokes...everything!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

First and foremost, I love it because it's just plain old good Science Fiction. It's not always believable, but it's always entertaining.

Other reasons are: I care about the characters. That doesn't happen with me too often. Usually I'll watch a show, and get so wrapped up in the technical/believability factors that I forget to pay attention to the trials and tribulations of the people on the show. Not so with Stargate. Every single character is equally as lovable and hateable as they are meant to be, at least for me. This is the first time in a LONG time that I've been so mentally and emotionally invested in a television series. I think the last one was X-Files, pre-sixth season. I only started watching Stargate late last year, and have been tearing through each DVD set at hyperspeed. I've gotten my husband hooked, too.

The writing and direction is wonderful as well, and not at all campy or cheesy (unless it's intentional) like most Sci-Fi shows are. The special effects are as good as a TV show's effects can be, sometimes even better.

When I first started watching, I was kicking myself for not getting into the show sooner. Thank goodness for DVD! I'm just hoping I get to see Season Seven before Season Eight starts!
        --Andi

Photo Galleries // Visual Nonsequiturs // Livejournal

Comment

stargate is one of the best made shows ever made.
          it has an excellent cast and crew. its brilliantly directed and acted in every episode.
          i like every character because they are made interesting.
          i am a female viewer in my early 20's. there aren't many female characters on television who are written well. most of the time females are written poorly, or solely as a love interest or just because they had to have a woman on the show. this is not the case with stargate. both carter and frasier are some of the best written women i've seen. they really seem human.
          i love that they incorporate humour into they show regularly. this makes it more real and easier to relate to, something that sci fi is often missing.
          i enjoy the on screen chemistry shared between the characters, and i enjoy 99% of the stories they tell.
          as someone who would like they're career to be in filmmaking, stargate is definitely a show to look up to and to respect.
          thats just some of why i love stargate so much, i could go on all night

Comment

Sams hot, thats all i really care about (*)(*)

Comment

I'm not sure there is enough room to list ALL of the reasons but I will say that the thing that first drew me to Stargate was the very in depth and true to life study of Egyptology presented in the movie. This has continued in the series and has also been expanded upon with some really neat, and plausible, twists and turns along the way.

Comment

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME TO POST IN HERE...and as much as you want...don't worry there is more than enough space for everyone.

come on ppl, epxlain, why you love it so much. Can anyone write as much as i have....or more? do you not love SG as much...or more as i do? i'm really surprised that this topic went down once. And pls...make it big....do not worry of us being lazy to read it, i think we all will read it. I am very intersted why all of you like SG!!! Pls post.

Comment

I love stargate for the following reasons:
                  • Becuase Michael Shanks is sexy
                  • Because RDA is funny
                  • Because it has an enthralling plot
                  • Because the cast portrays the characters perfectly
                  • Becuase the characters interact perfectly
                  • Oh and Michael Shanks is sexy

Comment

Why I love Stargate depends on my mood. Today it's Jack and the meaning of life stuff.
                    Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

and the sarcasm. you've gotta love the sarcasm..

Comment

In no particular order:

- Because it's fun, funny and self-deprecating.
                        - Because the excellent cast has excellent chemistry.
                        - Because the stories are good.
                        - Because the crew is full of exceptionally talented people who have high production standards.
                        - Because of its overwhelming coolness.

Basically, it's my weekly getaway and has been for seven years (I can't even believe that). I am in my mid-30s and have never followed any other show...ever. I didn't even own a television between 1986 and 1992. I only started watching it on Showtime because I liked the movie and wondered how they would turn it into a series, but mainly because it didn't have any commercials. The above reasons have kept me coming back year after year, even with the commercials (thank goodness for DVR). That and the fact that Joe Mallozzi has pugs (which explains a lot).
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by tlp6191
                          Sams hot, thats all i really care about (*)(*)
                          oh man dude thats pathetic
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

I agree. Stargate was made for those people who like action, adventure, sacasm, and just plain fun!! That will be the day when the makers end Stargate. I think Stargate was specially designed to pull people into the action. It feels like you are actually there. That is why people love Stargate so much.
                            Teal'C: Bla Bla Bla... Said the whole transcript of the
                            where all of the Stargates were.

O'Neill: Did you say something??

Comment

I have to agree with Elmseeker. The original movie (with Russell/Spader) grabbed my attention by making the connection between ancient Egypt and Science Fiction...kind of a Star Trek meets the Pyramids of Giza type thing. I have to admit that I had my doubts that I would enjoy a series based on the movie, I rarely do, but thought that with RDA, it just might have a shot. Oddly enough, I think now that the series has so far surpassed the movie that they are no longer even comparable. The characters have come so far. I love how RDA purposely makes Jack's character "a little thick" and his reactions when Carter goes off explaining some theory, I'd swear you can actually see his eyes glaze over! The humor truly makes the show. INDEED! By far the best show on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X