Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space suits - why not go through the hanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space suits - why not go through the hanger?

At the end I was wondering why they didn't use the space suits to get to their jumper so they could have a way to get home. I think they were very lucky that Atlantis detected the ship and that they sent a jumper to get them?

I imagine their just wasn't time. Putting on a space suit is not something that can be done in a few minutes
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I imagine their just wasn't time. Putting on a space suit is not something that can be done in a few minutes
      Agreed. It would take too long.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I wouldn't call it lucky since Atlantis detected it without a problem the first time around and were now sitting there specifically trying to figure out where they went.

Also we don't know how big the hull breech was. It could've been big enough to suck the jumpers out for all we know, which might be why Mckay said the jumpers were gone. Although it's odd that the door in the hallway protected them if the explosion would do that much damage. But, it's also possible that the suits were nowhere near that area. So maybe they had to go to the other hanger to put the suits on and didn't have time to get back to the other side of the ship (they jumped after only 5 on-screen minutes in the reality where the alien fighters attacked them).
        Last edited by Xaeden; 04 August 2008, 05:19 PM.

Comment

also, ya wouldn't want to take the chance on ripping the suit on debris. One slight hole and it's bye-bye.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Was the section they couldn't go through just decompressed with no oxygen or was it blown up completely(meaning they couldn't go through even with suits?)
            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Even if they had the time to get to the jumper, would they have time to repressurize the cockpit so they could take the suits off?

Since running the ship is based on having the ATA Gene, I doubt Shep/McKay could pilot it in a spacesuit.

Comment

What are you guys talking about? When the deck depressurized the jumpers were blown away into space... They gave the other Shepard two spanking new jumpers for free!

I hope we see more of those bald zombie aliens...

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                  What are you guys talking about? When the deck depressurized the jumpers were blown away into space... They gave the other Shepard two spanking new jumpers for free!

I hope we see more of those bald zombie aliens...
                  Depressurize does not mean "create a hole big enough for a jumper to be sucked through." We don't know how extensive the damage was. We just know that enough damage was done for the air pressure to be released into space. You could be right or, since the explosion didn't seem to be all that impressive, it might've just done minimal damage which simply prevented the team from walking through there without protective suits. It's all speculation either way.

Also, the explosion happened after they jumped out of the AU Sheppard's reality. So if the jumpers were blown into space it happened in the first reality they went to where there was no Atlantis on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                    Also, the explosion happened after they jumped out of the AU Sheppard's reality. So if the jumpers were blown into space it happened in the first reality they went to where there was no Atlantis on the planet.
                    Fine. Then no free jumpers for those guys... When Atlantis finally arrives at the planet, they'll find two jumpers floating in space and alt. Mckay will be like "Score!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SirRoger View Post
                      At the end I was wondering why they didn't use the space suits to get to their jumper so they could have a way to get home. I think they were very lucky that Atlantis detected the ship and that they sent a jumper to get them?
                      I suspect it was for the drama

Comment

the team may have used the asgard beam to send themselves out to space, and they knew that Atlantis team will have been scanning the skies since they disappeared, and the reappearance of the Daedalus will be detected again. It was a good thing that Major Lorne had the foresight to go out there to do a visual inspection with ZELENKA, rather than to try to keep squaking away on the radio for a response from the team from base then wonder again what happen to the Daedalus. If Atlantis base cannot pick up the IFF signal from the Daedalus, the team may also be too far to have their radio signals picked up, then they would have been stranded out there to suffer the rantings of Rodney.

Comment

theres to much speculation about the same thing. u gotta think of it from their point of view.

1)if they stay on the deadlus they go back into another dimension, so they had to get off anyway possible

2)they had no idea the extent of the damage between them and the jumpers. all we know is that it got a hole blown into it and it depressurised so they cant walk thru

3)it was ready for another jump soon so doubt they had enough time to get into those suits walk back and to the jumper. the least risk choice was to jump ship

clearly the jumpers were not blown out of the deadalus coz when it jumped all that was left was shep/mckay/teyla/ronan.

as for how they got out maybe an airlock chamber as we've seen before when the wraith virus took over the deadalus or asgard beams

also lorne and zalenka went out for a visual inspection and some more readings when it reappeared in our dimention just a little further out than last time. lorne and zalenka were able to pick them up almost straight away

which makes me wonder would atlantis's sensors picked up their 4 life signes and wud there of been enough life support to get them thru, in time for a jumper from atlantis to set off an pick them up if lorne and zalenka didnt make it out?

Comment

i bet you're good for at least a couple hours in a space suit like that.
                            although, if I had to wait around, stranded in a space suit my mind certainly wouldn't last that long!

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                              clearly the jumpers were not blown out of the deadalus coz when it jumped all that was left was shep/mckay/teyla/ronan.
                              That's doesn't prove anything as if the jumpers were blown out they would've been blown out in the reality before their native one where there was just an empty planet without an Atlantis on it. If you remember, as soon as they jumped from the battle with the enemy fighters to the empty planet reality, Sheppard told them to head to the jumper so they were ready to fly it out as soon as they jumped again. Then the scene ended with them saying they had to think of something fast since they "lost" the jumpers and the final jump to their native reality had yet to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X