Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abit too star trek

first the aliens were borg like

when identifying the alien ship they put it on screen just like they do in star trek and zooming in on the logo,

when the ship fired weapons it was similar to a ship in star trek cant remember which though

you think tptb intended to create an ememy like that because if they bring these aliens back it wouldnt really be stargate atlantis
    sigpic

I disagree, but

Spoiler:
    I'm nearly certain Joe M said these are not the new aliens.

Comment

I really don't get all the Borg comparisons, I'm a big Trek fan but not once while watching the episode did I think "Borg" and I'm slightly befuddled by so many people saying they were Borglike - I've gone back and looked at them and the only similarity I can come up with is that they are both grey.

Comment

they also had lights in their head

Comment

And being grey and having lights in their head means that they are a rip off of the Borg does it? Even accepting there was a vague physical resemblance they didn't behave remotely Borglike. Still don't see it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
            And being grey and having lights in their head means that they are a rip off of the Borg does it? Even accepting there was a vague physical resemblance they didn't behave remotely Borglike. Still don't see it myself.
            Indeed. They may have had a loose Borg-ish resemblance, they did not seem any more Borg like than that. It would be nice to bring them back, later in Season 5...

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
              first the aliens were borg like

when identifying the alien ship they put it on screen just like they do in star trek and zooming in on the logo,

when the ship fired weapons it was similar to a ship in star trek cant remember which though

you think tptb intended to create an ememy like that because if they bring these aliens back it wouldnt really be stargate atlantis
              The screen thing i dont really get, how else are they meant to look at a ship? also... cant think of a single occurance where they have "zoomed in on a logo" in Trek to identify a ship

Secondly, the weapontype was not similar to any weapon type used in trek apart from the colour (Romulan/Klingon) the firing type, speed and the general appearance of the pulses were very non Trek

Being slightly grey and having 3 small red lights on their heads doesnt equate them to Borg in my eyes

To be honest i dont get the comparisons between Trek and Atlantis in this episode, if anything - the science was a bit to fluffy to be in a Trek episode

Comment

I think their weapons were pretty un-trekkie actually. They were all twirly like drones but not the same. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  I think their weapons were pretty un-trekkie actually. They were all twirly like drones but not the same. Very cool.
                  i thought i slight cross of wraith and ancient the green for wraith and as u said the way it shaped and moved it look liked drones
                  sigpic
                  [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                    i thought i slight cross of wraith and ancient the green for wraith and as u said the way it shaped and moved it look liked drones
                    I felt there was a very strong drone influence myself in the weapons

Comment

the only thing I can see that closely may resemble the borg is the blinky on the temple, if they move in a trance-zombie like manner, and shoot those green stuff out thru the back of their fists, and have adaptive whole body force shielding, then I would say they are a rip off of from the STG series.

Comment

the franchise became a bit too trekky for me when they started beaming people out of situations.

the latest mystery baddie pales in comparison to the other trekky things they do.

phasers
                        force shields
                        big honken ships
                        the oddey has food replicators

the only missing is the talking computer....

I can see Caldwell now:

Caldwell to person sitting at helm: "Damage report?"

Computer in Thor's voice: "We have extensive damage to upper levels."

Caldwell to thin air: "I wasn't talking to you. Helmsman, report."

Helmsman: "What she said."

Computer: "I Thor, supreme Commander of the Asgard. Not 'she.'"
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Meh; they've done that for years. Apophis had a force field as far back as The Nox, and we had big ships as far back as Singularity and the season 1 finale of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            I can see Caldwell now:

Caldwell to person sitting at helm: "Damage report?"

Computer in Thor's voice: "We have extensive damage to upper levels."

Caldwell to thin air: "I wasn't talking to you. Helmsman, report."

Helmsman: "What she said."

Computer: "I Thor, supreme Commander of the Asgard. Not 'she.'"
                            LOLOL!

Actually, the *real* thing missing from ST in SGA is the Holodeck. We need an episode where O'Neil is caught fooling around with a bunch of holo-Sam's...

Comment

Working...
                            X