This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did it come from?

In the movie the russians had a stargate. Where did it come from? Is it the one from the artic because it couldn't have come from the antartic. Also, how did teal'c know it was there?

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
    In the movie the russians had a stargate. Where did it come from? Is it the one from the artic because it couldn't have come from the antartic. Also, how did teal'c know it was there?
    They rescued the gate on the achillies from the bottom of the sea. Russians are good at that sort of thing, they did it in the tv show as well (season 4?)

Comment

Since Ra came to earth 8,000 or so years ago, Earth has had two stargates: one brought by Ra (that was aboard the Achilles) and one left by the Ancients (in Antarctica, SG-1 Ep. 1x17 "Solitudes").

The Americans were using the Antarctic gate in Continuum while the Russians had recovered the Achilles/Egyptian/Ra gate as kymeric said.

How did Teal'c know the Achilles gate was in Russia? Scanning for naqahdah would reveal its presence. There should be only two sources on Earth: the Achilles gate and the Antarctic gate. Any signature that wasn't at McMurdo would be the other gate.

Comment

Also note that the one crewhand, when the submarine surfaced, mentioned that a Russian submarine was in the area. This was most likely the vessel that located the gate.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone else finds this interesting? When Colonel Mitchell gated back to 1929.... How did he get through the sandstones. I don't think the gate was discovered until the '30s ? I could be wrong. So I thinking he should have automatically transported to the Antartic? I will see about getting a copy of the Stargate original movie with Kurt Russell and James Spader.

Comment

The gate was discovered in 1928 I believe.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
            Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

The Achilles/Egypt/Ra gate was uncovered in 1928, according to the Stargate movie.

Comment

Working...
              X