PDA

View Full Version : New alien technology

Yuri_Kenobi
August 3rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hey people, I've been visiting this site on a regular basis for a while, and I just found something that was intriguing enough to get registered to talk about. :)

Did anyone else notice that some of the new aliens' technology kinda looked like certain Asuran and Wraith technologies. The design of their weapons reminded me a lot of the Asuran gun, and the fighters reminded me a lot of Wraith darts, especially the screaming engine. I can think of a few possible reasons for this:
1. It's just a coincidence
2. Weapons and effects were recycled (because we won't be seeing these guys again).
3. They have scavenged technology from the Wraith and Asurans.

That said, I'm really hoping that we'll see them again, and I think we will, or they've put a lot of work into making an entire race just for one episode.

Any thoughts?

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
The alien pistol weapon's were actually reused prop's from SG-1 and were used by the Serrakin, Hebridan and the two Oranian smugglers Tenat and Jupa (sp?). So that might just be coincidence.

Yuri_Kenobi
August 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
Ah, damn. They I'm gonna guess that we won't be seeing them again after all. :(

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 3rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
I have heard that TPTB liked them and want to bring them back so it's possible we might see them again. Might not be this season but possibly the next if it gets renewed? Personally, I hope to see these guys again as well.

Invictus
August 3rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
I have heard that TPTB liked them and want to bring them back so it's possible we might see them again. Might not be this season but possibly the next if it gets renewed? Personally, I hope to see these guys again as well.

4 real? :jack_new_anime07: That's cool, I really like this aliens (cool tech, cool faces) Ohh, question : what does TPTB stands for? :D I really don't know & I was gonna ask this question for a long time, but I always forget. :D

A Wraith Named Bob
August 3rd, 2008, 01:18 PM
They reuse weapons a lot. After all, The Travelers used guns like Ronon's and The Genii use guns like the Satedans.

PG15
August 3rd, 2008, 01:18 PM
TPTB = The Powers That Be, which in this case means the guys in charge of making Stargate Atlantis.

EternalAlteran
August 3rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Maybe they are the new race introduced.

It would be really funny if these guys are only evil in the other reality and in our reality they are cute people with Nox philosophy.

Also, I don't think they look like Wraith tech or Asuran tech. If it was Asuran tech McKay would have mentioned something about nanites or ancient tech. And Wraith tech looks organic and this does not.

Invictus
August 3rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
TPTB = The Powers That Be, which in this case means the guys in charge of making Stargate Atlantis.

Thanks 4 the info :D

Invictus
August 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM

Thanks 4 the info :D
Shame on me, for not knowing :D

perkin127
August 3rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
I have heard that TPTB liked them and want to bring them back so it's possible we might see them again. Might not be this season but possibly the next if it gets renewed? Personally, I hope to see these guys again as well. If their not from our universe maybe they'll get used in stargate universe, would be a good tie in for the new series

Xaeden
August 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
They reuse weapons a lot. After all, The Travelers used guns like Ronon's and The Genii use guns like the Satedans.

While they do reuse props a lot, those are bad examples - The Travelers and Ronon had the same exact gun and Sheppard even commented on it. So that was more of a plot point that hinted at the source of Ronon's gun. And the Genii-Satedan thing is probably a case of the two races being so active in the galaxy and developing similar weapons after coming in contact with each other or a third party.

gateprof
August 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
I think we'll see them back in a later season or who knows maybe in SG-Universe! Maybe that's the missing piece of the puzzle.

SGSargon
August 4th, 2008, 03:05 AM
While they do reuse props a lot, those are bad examples - The Travelers and Ronon had the same exact gun and Sheppard even commented on it. So that was more of a plot point that hinted at the source of Ronon's gun. And the Genii-Satedan thing is probably a case of the two races being so active in the galaxy and developing similar weapons after coming in contact with each other or a third party.
Well, the Travelers invented the gun, Ronon must of found one while he was a Runner.

ziga1980
August 4th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Well, the Travelers invented the gun, Ronon must of found one while he was a Runner.

or more likely he kicked someones ass and took his gun.

back to this new aliens. they're cool. i like them soooooo much already. they're obviously very powerful since their ship survived several asgard beams and one on one they're stronger then wraith. above all they have this Frankenstein look. very cool. long story short the ep was one of my favorites in the last couple of seasons. i really hope that this is a turning point for atlantis and that more eps like this will follow.

there is however a tiny thing that unnerved me. shep turned down mckay on developing an improved version of that "universe drive". i believe that those aliens we saw have so much new tech it would be stupid not to go back and challenge them. fully powered deadalus and apollo vs. them and the odds are on our side.

i hope we see this aliens again!!!

Myles
August 4th, 2008, 03:40 AM
or more likely he kicked someones ass and took his gun.

back to this new aliens. they're cool. i like them soooooo much already. they're obviously very powerful since their ship survived several asgard beams and one on one they're stronger then wraith. above all they have this Frankenstein look. very cool. long story short the ep was one of my favorites in the last couple of seasons. i really hope that this is a turning point for atlantis and that more eps like this will follow.

there is however a tiny thing that unnerved me. shep turned down mckay on developing an improved version of that "universe drive". i believe that those aliens we saw have so much new tech it would be stupid not to go back and challenge them. fully powered deadalus and apollo vs. them and the odds are on our side.

i hope we see this aliens again!!!

Huh...? You want to develop that technology just so it's possible to go back and fight them? Why do they need to fight an enemy that is in a completely different universe?

ziga1980
August 4th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Huh...? You want to develop that technology just so it's possible to go back and fight them? Why do they need to fight an enemy that is in a completely different universe?

so maybe they get lucky and damage them enough to board them or salvage some tech. the ship sustained several direct beams and only lost main weapons. nothing else. compared to the ori they're strong. ori toilets took a few beams and exploded. and these guys launched a fighter attack and boarded deadalus.

or just so that atlantis can tell them more about that race if for whatever reason we encounter them in our universe. it be handy to know a few things about them. was a very nice ship tough.

i hope we get to see them in our universe. let's say they come from another galaxy and start to kick ass from everyone. perhaps the ship we saw was a minor one let's say a cruiser class. who knows. and they can be half "robots" half "organic" since they have those three red lights in their heads.

opens a lot of new possibilities.

Merlin1701
August 4th, 2008, 06:19 AM
We will be seeing them again in the near future, they invested in ships, makeup and clothing...they will be back!

I want to see a salvage expedition sent to retrieve the ship; the ship would then be called the phoenix, rising from the ashes of the severely damaged Deadalus.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 4th, 2008, 09:40 AM
We will be seeing them again in the near future, they invested in ships, makeup and clothing...they will be back!

Well hopefully though one can't say jus because they invested ships and all that it's a gurantee since there were quite a few aliens from SG-1 who had quite a bit shown of them but we never saw them again. (Spirits, Foothold Aliens, Giant Crystal Aliens, Gadmeer, Ohnes, Serrakin etc etc) But still, I hope we see them again. Then we can have Dracula versus Frankenstein's monster :D

ziga1980
August 4th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Well hopefully though one can't say jus because they invested ships and all that it's a gurantee since there were quite a few aliens from SG-1 who had quite a bit shown of them but we never saw them again. (Spirits, Foothold Aliens, Giant Crystal Aliens, Gadmeer, Ohnes, Serrakin etc etc) But still, I hope we see them again. Then we can have Dracula versus Frankenstein's monster :D

pretty much everybody hopes they'll be back.

lol. that be cool. who do you think would win?

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
pretty much everybody hopes they'll be back.

lol. that be cool. who do you think would win?

Between Dracula and Frankenstein or these aliens versus the Wraith? :p

Difficult to tell, we can't tell much about the new alien's except that they are very resilient. Mind you, the Wraith are also quite resilient as well but they dumbed them down a bit so the heroes win.

ziga1980
August 4th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Between Dracula and Frankenstein or these aliens versus the Wraith? :p

Difficult to tell, we can't tell much about the new alien's except that they are very resilient. Mind you, the Wraith are also quite resilient as well but they dumbed them down a bit so the heroes win.

perhaps the wraith will get dumbed up...lol...get smarter again (things will in fact calm up o'neill). yes the new guys are nasty little buggers aren't they? but if they're indeed bio-mechanical perhaps they're immune to the wraith feeding. nah that wouldn't be interesting. they are strong enough however, to beat the **** out of the wraith who attempts to feed on them. that be interesting. 5 wraith vs. 1 newbie and only one of them survives and feeds.

lol how could dracula fight Frankenstein. he was made from body parts and is not even "alive". he was born from electricity....damn.

YutheGreat
August 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM
These guys are obviosly far more advance that either the Wraith or Asurans. The attack lasted only a few minutes but they succeeded in bringing down the city's shields.

The Wraith could not do that with an armada of hiveships.
The Asurans couldn't do that with satellite.

Zamboni
August 4th, 2008, 07:15 PM
These guys are obviosly far more advance that either the Wraith or Asurans. The attack lasted only a few minutes but they succeeded in bringing down the city's shields.

Also, when Deady fired its Asgard pwnr beam, it didn't do any visible damage at all!!! It only disabled their weapons system...

Though I didn't see any shielding on that alien ship, did you?

Merlin1701
August 5th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I will win!

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 5th, 2008, 04:19 AM
perhaps the wraith will get dumbed up...lol...get smarter again (things will in fact calm up o'neill). yes the new guys are nasty little buggers aren't they? but if they're indeed bio-mechanical perhaps they're immune to the wraith feeding. nah that wouldn't be interesting. they are strong enough however, to beat the **** out of the wraith who attempts to feed on them. that be interesting. 5 wraith vs. 1 newbie and only one of them survives and feeds.

lol how could dracula fight Frankenstein. he was made from body parts and is not even "alive". he was born from electricity....damn.

If these guys fight against the Wraith, I think the battle might be less one sided as compared to the Asurans versus Wraith. Anyway, I do agree, a fight between the two would be interesting.

Do note though that we have no idea how long the battle had been lasting between the unknown aliens and the alternate Atlantis. It's possible that there was an alien fleet which the alternate Atlantis managed to destroy with drones but were unable to finish off the last ship. Or the ZPM could have been depleted meaning that any concentrated might have cracked it.

Point is, we don't know all the details. We can speculate but just thought I should mention that.

Also, when Deady fired its Asgard pwnr beam, it didn't do any visible damage at all!!! It only disabled their weapons system...

Though I didn't see any shielding on that alien ship, did you?

Do note though that I think Rodney mentioned that the beams wouldnt be at full power. Whether the alien ship can survive full powered Asgard beams, I can't say but again I thought I should mention it.

YutheGreat
August 5th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Do note though that we have no idea how long the battle had been lasting between the unknown aliens and the alternate Atlantis. It's possible that there was an alien fleet which the alternate Atlantis managed to destroy with drones but were unable to finish off the last ship. Or the ZPM could have been depleted meaning that any concentrated might have cracked it.

Point is, we don't know all the details. We can speculate but just thought I should mention that.

All true, but we know the thing had just firing when Daedalus arrived. Also the ships have a high firing rate compared to most ship.

perkin127
August 5th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Well, the Travelers invented the gun, Ronon must of found one while he was a Runner. according to the audio commenrty on the ep travelers they used the same type as gun as Ronon has to answer the qu as to where he might have aquired his gun, not just to reuse a prop

ziga1980
August 5th, 2008, 11:30 AM
If these guys fight against the Wraith, I think the battle might be less one sided as compared to the Asurans versus Wraith. Anyway, I do agree, a fight between the two would be interesting.

in hand to hand combat i say the newbies win hands down. ronon can fight regular wraith and win fairly easy but he got his ass whooped by this guy. it should take a strong and highly skilled wraith to fight this guys. and also the wraith stunners might not work on these fellows. yeah asuran vs. wraith was predetermined.

YutheGreat
August 7th, 2008, 05:44 PM
A very COOL piece of technology would be a mind control of ships. They have a device they place on a computer console that will release nanobots and a computer virus. After a few minutes the ship becomes under the full control of the computer system. They would be capable of controlling the ship using the implants on their heads. Simillar to the tech in Star Trek Voyager.

perkin127
August 8th, 2008, 01:33 PM
dont the wraith use their minds to fly the ship, thus why in misbegotten teyla had to try and fly the hive, and wasnt there a virus they made which almost took control of the ship in intruder in season 2, i took a while and they defeated it but i think that would make these new guys a little to much like the wraith, i hope they are completely new and fresh.