• Show
Clear All

SG Atlantis - Ford

Will Ford be returning to Atlantis?
    sigpic

Originally posted by bobsenior View Post
    Will Ford be returning to Atlantis?
    I dunno, but I hope so.

I wanna see Ford overcome the addiction, have a whole episode devoted to it, no need for a two parter though, unless they use it as a link to Earth and the expedition members returning home to see their families for a brief respite (ie Ford returns to his Grandma)
    Meh.

Comment

Ford said he could fly a Dart, he could have escaped that Hive too
      he can always return, I'd like to see Woolsey's face then

Comment

I can't see it happening, not so far on from his last appearance - and Joe Mallozzi has said something to the effect that being on a hive ship when it explodes is a pretty final ending.

All of which is a shame, I think. Ford had huge potential, both pre- and post-enzyme, only to be dropped and replaced by...Ronon. I just think this was another in SGA's big mistakes.

Incidentally, what was the actual reason for Ford being written out? Was it TPTB not liking the character, or was it RSF not wanting to do it anymore?
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          Incidentally, what was the actual reason for Ford being written out? Was it TPTB not liking the character, or was it RSF not wanting to do it anymore?
          It was both RSF and tptb not being happy with how they had (or rather, hadn't) developed his character; and so they decided they could take him in an interesting new direction with the enzyme thing.

And then tptb forgot about him.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            It was both RSF and tptb not being happy with how they had (or rather, hadn't) developed his character; and so they decided they could take him in an interesting new direction with the enzyme thing.
            tptb sucks: first success we have an interesting piece with ford, a blend of villainy and actual heroics, sweet---

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            And then tptb forgot about him.
            ...where's Ford, who knows since the tptb is as effective as a warner bros animated ditzes on the side lines lamenting: "Duh, which way did he go George which way did he go?"

Comment

I can't see it happening, not so far on from his last appearance - and Joe Mallozzi has said something to the effect that being on a hive ship when it explodes is a pretty final ending.

All of which is a shame, I think. Ford had huge potential, both pre- and post-enzyme, only to be dropped and replaced by...Ronon. I just think this was another in SGA's big mistakes.

How's that? I mean to go with an GG1 comparison, Klorel/Skarras actual story finished in season 3. He next shows up at the end of season 6.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I kinda dug the Ford character. If he were to return I'd be happy.

Comment

I'd love to see him return for a few eps.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

didnt rsf decide to opt out for a few seasons so he could take acting lessons or something?

Comment

Joe has also said that 'it's a big galaxy out there' in regards to someone asking if we'd ever see Ford again.

Comment

I only want them to bring him back if they do it well. None of this clone/replicator/alternate reality stuff because those kinds of reintroductions ruin it for me.
                        Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                          I only want them to bring him back if they do it well. None of this clone/replicator/alternate reality stuff because those kinds of reintroductions ruin it for me.
                          Amen to that. If there's a chance he can be brought back into the series, they should consider it - if they can do it well enough to be worthwhile.

I wondered if the best way would be for Ford to have escaped the hive ship (obviously) but at a cost - he's alone, and he's too injured to harvest some enzyme, leading to him ultimately going into withdrawal and returning more to the pre-enzyme Ford we saw in season 1, but more seasoned, experienced, and somewhat bitter. And his attempts to return to Atlantis are more than a little thwarted by the fact the city has moved to another planet...
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                            An AR Ford could work for a single ep guest appearance. At least it worked for Fraiser and Martoof (sp?) on SG-1
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

One of the best things that ever happened to the show was getting rid of that character. The guy could not act.

Comment

Working...
                              X