Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obtaining Intel. on a possible enemy, why wasn't it done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obtaining Intel. on a possible enemy, why wasn't it done?

Shepp. and his team witnessed a possible event in their reality, the appearance of new hostile Alien species.

They saw the Sun expending, just like it will in the future.
    They had a 2nd Rodney that mentioned that they many ZPMs and not long after that, they got it.

So why not count on the possibility of new bad guys? Why not request that they , the Atlantis in the Alternate reality, send a Data Burst to them, with all the Intel. gathered on the new enemy?

Not a bad idea. But we don't know that this wasn't the Alternate Atlantis' first encounter with that enemy. In that case, they would know nothing about them either.

~Dave

Comment

Sure, they know what they look like

Comment

McKay probably copied the relevant sensor logs onto his tablet.
        Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
          McKay probably copied the relevant sensor logs onto his tablet.
          he got everything else so he sure of got the info on the enemy
          sigpic
          [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

I'm thinking that McKay probably got some data recorded.. Can't really blame them for not getting more in-depth into finding info on the new aliens, they were trying to get back home and such.. had many other things to worry about..lol.

Shep 'Home' sig made by Luciana! (I made the rest.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Yeah. McKay most likely downloaded some information on them from sensor logs during their fights with them, but do remember that they were under time constraints. The first time they were in the alien reality they were being attacked and the second time, even after the were attacked again, they had very little time before the Alternate Reality Drive kicked in and sent them to another reality yet again.
              Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Was he carrying his tablet when they were in their spacesuits? If not, then it doesn't matter what he copied to it, he left it behind.

I was surprised that they didn't think to move one of the bodies to the jumper to take back with them for analysis.

Comment

what bothered me was that sheppard didn't take the opportunity to ask the other sheppard some useful questions like how did you encounter these species, what are they etc.

I was sort of hoping this species would be introduced into the regular sga universe in the future, but for the moment they look to be a race confined to that universe only
                  I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    Was he carrying his tablet when they were in their spacesuits? If not, then it doesn't matter what he copied to it, he left it behind.

I was surprised that they didn't think to move one of the bodies to the jumper to take back with them for analysis.
                    At the end of the episode he is working on a tablet and said he saved the relevant data about the drive. So we know that he either took the tablet or copied data from it into his own and kept that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                      At the end of the episode he is working on a tablet and said he saved the relevant data about the drive. So we know that he either took the tablet or copied data from it into his own and kept that one.
                      Okay. Maybe he stuffed it into his space suit to protect it. I was bored enough by the end that I stopped paying full attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                        what bothered me was that sheppard didn't take the opportunity to ask the other sheppard some useful questions like how did you encounter these species, what are they etc.

I was sort of hoping this species would be introduced into the regular sga universe in the future, but for the moment they look to be a race confined to that universe only
                        me too in fact all they did was complement each other and just accepted that they were there and then they were going, i think both sheps were remiss in intel gathering. i mean surely au shep wpuld want to know a but more about the mysterious daedalus that just showed up, like our shep did at the beg

Comment

Well that is how arrogant Shepard can be.

I was hoping they at least try to get one of the corpses.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Mckay likely coppied the relevent data before they left.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think the team's main focus was to get back home in one piece. We all know that some Wraith warriors have subspace tracking devices implanted or on their armor, who's to say this race does not have a similar technological equivalent.

I'm sure Shephard could have asked more questions but they weren't there that long and I'm not sure how much information I'd give to my "duplicate" on a ship that was supposed to be destroyed two years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X