Teyla and the Daedalus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla and the Daedalus

What did everyone think of how Teyla had fairly detailed knowlege of how to run the Daedalus?

Initially i found it jarring, seeing her operate the system so fluently and going through the mission logs, but after a while it felt a little more natural. I guess it's because initially her role was a natural leader of her people with some serious girl power, and now she's turned more into a calm, intellectual, and general savy team member with the ability to hold her own in battle.

Still, interested to know what others thought.

it was funny
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

I thought she seemed a little too good early on, but later they did show her being over her head. In all, it only makes sense for her to learn how to use Tuari systems.

Also, she has always seemed calm and intellectual to me.

Comment

I think Teyla was trained while Ronon was on the recovery from his drug addict problem. I didn't want to accept that our Ronon was not interested in Earth technology, so maybe his sentence "I was busy" was a reference to Broken Ties. If the real Daedalus was near Earth within 2 days, than the training had to happen 3 weeks earlier. Teyla mentioned that this is her first official mission since returning, so Ronon couldn't learn too much because of his illness. Maybe he was able to join later, so he learned something too (like weapon system). As for Teyla, this character development was a bit fast, I could imagine it in 2-3 episodes, but finally she gets more screentime than earlier. I could feel in this season, that Teyla and Ronon are equal to McKay and Sheppard, and this is a good thing from the writers.
        Last edited by Platschu; 03 August 2008, 12:41 PM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I was glad to see Teyla show computer proficiency, given the nature of this show and how much work with computers the characters have to do. Teyla's always been portrayed as intelligent, so it doesn't surprise me that she was able to pick up the basics of the ships computer systems when Marks taught her, and Rodney did talk her through some of the more complex things. I think Marks gave her a "How to Figure Out How Thoroughly You're Screwed 101" lesson, hence the knowledge of diagnostics and power levels.

Plus, it was just really awesome for me to see Teyla and McKay work together.
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

I hope they won't push the reset button...
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

i've just thought weir has left Teyla in charge of atlantis as did shep in season 4 so she must have had good knowledge of atlantis systems so why not the daedalus

Comment

I enjoyed seeing the writers finally give Teyla more to do than fight. She is an intelligent leader and this episode really revealed this. I just wish the writers had shown her gaining knowledge over several episodes. I also enjoyed the interactions between McKay and Teyla. Actually all four do work well together.
                I also found it interesting that Teyla and John were on a more formal standing... Colonel.

Comment

her people had pocket lasers when they were first introduced. And she wouldnt have been left incharge of atlantis on more than one occasion if they hadnt given her a good training on their tech...

Comment

Working...
                  X