This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things You would Change in Continuum

Personally I thought the film needed more O'Niell.

I would rather see O'Niell coming to see SG1 instead of Landry. it would make more sense for him to be angry about their intention to change back the timeline, because if they did that would mean that his son would be dead again.
    his son was alive in this timeline so he would want to keep this timeline at all cost.

I would also rather see Kinsey as the President. it would make more sense story-wise for him to be the president and wanting to keep SG1 away from the stargate so that they can't change back the time line (in which he's not president but instead possessed by a Goauld and presumed dead).

later after the "one year later" thing we'll see that the President was forced to resign because of corruption or something, and that the new president is Hayes or even Landry. and he would be the one to start the stargate program and apologize to SG1 for the former-president's decision to keep them away and not start the stargate program.

Also when SG1 flew over to Antarctica they said "we'll need someone with the gene to power the chair" - that would have to be O'Niell. he'd also pilot a plane and as he watches Earth bombarded from space and his family dead, he would say to SG1 they were right and he was selfish and unable to see the big picture of saving earth instead of just his son.

He would then be with them for the rest of the film. I also think he should be the one to jump through the gate in the end and arrive in the past (or maybe go together with Cam).
    Imagine Baal's surprise when O'Niell shoots him in the head.
    it would also be poetic justice for O'Niell to get revenge against Baal for torturing him (even though its not the same O'Niell).

overall I think it would have been much better. What do you think?
    Last edited by AscendedThor; 03 August 2008, 03:54 AM.

1.CAm would have disappeared first (his granpa was first to die)
    2. Jack wouldn't have died and would have gone to the AT.
    3. Sam, Jack, Daniel would have escaped the AT, found the PuddleJumper and used it to restore the timeline...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      1.CAm would have disappeared first (his granpa was first to die)
      2. Jack wouldn't have died and would have gone to the AT.
      3. Sam, Jack, Daniel would have escaped the AT, found the PuddleJumper and used it to restore the timeline...
      if it went down like that it would have been too much like Moebius...

as for Cam disappearing it was a plothole but a necessary one in order to keep him in the movie.
      to correct the plothole they should have done it like this:
      Cam, Carter and Daniel would have went to the tokra planet while the ceremony was already taking place (with O'Niel Teal'c and Vala there. there would be the same scene up till the point Baal says there's a secret plan and everything starts disappearing) just at that moment Cam, Carter and Daniel would be passing through the gate and would arrive to see a barren planet.

then we cut to 1939 to see Baal taking over the ship. then back to SG1 on the Tokra planet not realizing what happened, then they dial back to Earth and end up in the frozen ship.
      would have made much more sense.

Comment

Ba'al being protected by a Goa'uld personal shield when cam tried to shoot him in the head.

Comment

i would have simply had jack be one of the marines(or with them) to protect them, and had jack be the one to go back in time and save the day

that would have been nice symmetry, jack meeting cam's granddad, and a nice tossback to the teasing in 200
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Definitely, more Jack. I miss the banter between him and Daniel.

I was hoping that more things would be changed when they fixed the timelime. Like, the Goa'uld back to being a major threat(best bad guys ever, IMO), Teal'c getting rid of his grey AND Jack back to being in charge of the SGC!

Comment

I would re-edit the F-16 fighter scenes, so people won't get lost in the mess. Everything else seems to be okay. Jack's part in the movie was short and sweet. I wouldn't change too much of anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
                Ba'al being protected by a Goa'uld personal shield when cam tried to shoot him in the head.
                In all the times when they have the shield, they turn it on when they are threatened, usually using a button on their wrist. It doesn't make sense (and is probably impractical) for them to leave it on all the time, so for Baal to have it on when he wasn't expecting any kind of threat wouldn't have made any sense.

For those who wanted to see more of Jack, well you have to remember that RDA did not Star in the movie. I believe that was his choice and they probably would have used him more if they could have.

AscendedThor, a lot of your points would have made for a good story as well, but I don't think it would have made the story necessarily better in any way, just different. I don't think those are things that should have been changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i would have simply had jack be one of the marines(or with them) to protect them, and had jack be the one to go back in time and save the day

that would have been nice symmetry, jack meeting cam's granddad, and a nice tossback to the teasing in 200
                  How does Jack meeting Cam's grandfather make any sense? For symmetry, it has to be Cam. Otherwise, they'd have to set it up for it to be Jack's grandfather or something. If Jack had met Cam's mother, it would be a nice reference to 200, but his grandfather? No, it has to be Cam.

Comment

I would have Sam, Daniel, and Cam trying to contact each other during their year apart and/or trying to figure out a way to stop Baal or get to a SG. I can't believe they never did anything in that whole year.

Also, for whoever said they should've asked for Jack, that doesn't make sense. Jack hasn't been involved in teh Stargate program for over 2 or 3 years. Landry's their commanding officer, so he's the only one they'd think of asking for.

Comment

yeah, jack washed his hands of htem as soon as he got them off that sub. He completed his mission - picking up the people - and he was done.

they ticked him off with the 'your son was shot' comment and he turned his back on them. I recall a line to that effect, that he wants nothing to do with them

That's why it would have been kinda symmetrical for him to have been involved in the final mission. 'ok, i believe you now, so how do i help you help save my planet'
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        yeah, jack washed his hands of htem as soon as he got them off that sub. He completed his mission - picking up the people - and he was done.

they ticked him off with the 'your son was shot' comment and he turned his back on them. I recall a line to that effect, that he wants nothing to do with them

That's why it would have been kinda symmetrical for him to have been involved in the final mission. 'ok, i believe you now, so how do i help you help save my planet'
                        Yeah, I was kind of expecting Jack to show up in the end to help them out, even though I'd been spoiled that he didn't do that. It would've had the kind of symmetry that Mitchell had going back in time to help his grandfather.

Comment

I liked it that AT Jack didn't help out in the end. I think it underscores the huge difference having the Stargate around in the original timeline made to him.
                          In the original timeline the involvement in the Stargate program made him into a hero after his personal life was wrecked.

In the AT he still had his kid and was content being a colonel- surely he could have retired if he hadn't been. Saving the world is not something he's used to, or might even be inclined to do.

As they say, no pain, no gain.

Comment

I would cut some of the scenes that I felt dragged. The C/S walk and talk on the ice went on far too long and the Carter shopping scene served no purpose at all, neither did Mitchell visiting the farm, or being chatted up by the woman next door.

The artic sub scene looked like bad CGI - even though I know it was a real sub, so maybe I would see if there was any way to shot that a little better. And when Daniel was sitting on the ice with the ship sinking behind him- that was the worst CGI I have ever seen on Stargate and that includes the chicken-dragon.

I would change a lot of Jack's dialogue from the opening scenes, he was a complete jerk imo and I much prefered the AT Jack as he was more like the old Jack I loved from the early seasons.

I would show a little more of Daniel coming to terms with his loss, it was far too rushed for such an important thing.

It would be nice too if the whole thing had been something other than a huge waste of time. That re-set button is a nightmare device imo.
                            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                              I would have Sam, Daniel, and Cam trying to contact each other during their year apart and/or trying to figure out a way to stop Baal or get to a SG. I can't believe they never did anything in that whole year.
                              yes! i think this is the single most frustrating thing of the film for me. i can't believe it either. for one i think it was just too cruel for the gov't to do that, separate them like terrorists. and secondly, they wouldn't accept it and go on with their lives! and what they did do...

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                              and the Carter shopping scene served no purpose at all, neither did Mitchell visiting the farm, or being chatted up by the woman next door.

I would show a little more of Daniel coming to terms with his loss, it was far too rushed for such an important thing.
                              i agree they were lame filler scenes. Daniel's situation was potentially very interesting, coping with the loss of leg and also trying to contact himself.

these guys knew a threat was imminent...after all these years of fighting (even when they're ordered not to), they just go shopping?

Comment

Working...
                              X