PDA

View Full Version : Are the new enemies a species of Wraith?

YutheGreat
August 2nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
I was thinking are they an offshoot race of the Wraith.

In my view, they applied the same battle tactics.
Darts that goes on suicide runs.
The one that attacked Ronnon was like a drone wasn't he.

Think about it. The Wraith are like vampires and these guys seem like frankenstines to me don't you agree?

The Wraith choose to pursue organic technologies while these guys pursued advance tech.

or

after the war with the ancients these guys didn't hybernate rather they choose to advance in technology. hence the implants,

what do you think?

perkin127
August 3rd, 2008, 01:44 AM
ooo thats o good theory. i was thinking that these new bad guys were what the ancients created instead of the wraith, and instead of coming from the iratus bug they can from some kind of armadillo! so yea frankinstien, thats actually a good idea for a name for them

Merlin1701
August 3rd, 2008, 03:13 AM
It’s a good theory and to bolster your case the fighters deployed by the enemy had the same sounding engine energy as wraith darts!!!!

We will be see them again, after all money has been spent creating the races ship, fighter, makeup, clothing. A salvage mission by us to retrieve the ALT Deadalus or they could use scans to duplicate the technology and travel to us.

perkin127
August 3rd, 2008, 03:17 AM
although their ship looked to be made not grown like the wraith hives

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 3rd, 2008, 04:32 AM
I don't think they are related to Wraith personally. Tactics aside, they just appear a bit different. Plus, how many Wraith splinter species have we seen recently? I mean Human form Wraith, the Bug People, the Hybrids... I think perhaps staying away from the evolved from the Wraith angle might be something refreshing.

Though I do agree, the aliens had a very frankenstein feel to them. Now all we need are werewolves and we hit the three major monsters :p

mr_kennedy
August 3rd, 2008, 05:15 AM
i thought the exact same thing after the dead guy alien himself up

rarocks24
August 3rd, 2008, 05:44 AM
I don't think they are related to Wraith personally. Tactics aside, they just appear a bit different. Plus, how many Wraith splinter species have we seen recently? I mean Human form Wraith, the Bug People, the Hybrids... I think perhaps staying away from the evolved from the Wraith angle might be something refreshing.

Though I do agree, the aliens had a very frankenstein feel to them. Now all we need are werewolves and we hit the three major monsters :p

Have you seen the photos on Mallozzi's blog? They share some of the same skeletal bone structure as the Wraith we have seen.

I don't think this is a Wraith species in our sense. I think they're two separate species with similar evolutions (Iratus insect). I think they were the ones that defeated the Ancients 10,000 years ago in the parallel universe, and the Ancients invented the Asurans for that, just as in our galaxy, it was the Wraith.

ssfblue
August 3rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
I think that, like how the Wraith were a mistake of the Ancients, this new race of enemies are a mistake of us. If you look at their ship, I think it sort of has a resemblance to Tauri ship "architecture." Someone mentioned a Frankensteinish resemblance and totally agree! Frankenstein's creation was a "failed" experiement of a human so this might be the same thing.

There has been storylines in Stargate where the creation of the Tauri backfired and this may be one of em!

hipporyoko
August 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
My guess about the new bad guys, they seem wraith like, the teeth anyway. Micheal was probably successful in creating whatever he was making they, took over and evolved. It's AU lazy writing crap so who cares...

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 3rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
Have you seen the photos on Mallozzi's blog? They share some of the same skeletal bone structure as the Wraith we have seen.

I don't think this is a Wraith species in our sense. I think they're two separate species with similar evolutions (Iratus insect). I think they were the ones that defeated the Ancients 10,000 years ago in the parallel universe, and the Ancients invented the Asurans for that, just as in our galaxy, it was the Wraith.

Which doesnt really confirm anything but that's my personal opinion as I said. I just think that perhap's a race that hasnt evolved from the Wraith might be a better idea but again that's just what I think.

I mean it's just as possible that this race is indeed an alien race and might have been the Pegasus galaxy's original inhabitants who fought the Ancients a conflict that the Lanteans won which distracted them from the Wraith who evolved and decided to finish the war. Again, speculation but that's all we have at the moment.

wise one
August 3rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
its possible the ancients in that reality created the wraith but they somehow stopted the need to feed so thats why they have implants in their heads to stop the urge and without feeding they decay abit but the implants maintain their body functions

so without the need to hold people to for food they ditched the organic tech and went more constructive

EternalAlteran
August 3rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
I think that, like how the Wraith were a mistake of the Ancients, this new race of enemies are a mistake of us. If you look at their ship, I think it sort of has a resemblance to Tauri ship "architecture." Someone mentioned a Frankensteinish resemblance and totally agree! Frankenstein's creation was a "failed" experiement of a human so this might be the same thing.

There has been storylines in Stargate where the creation of the Tauri backfired and this may be one of em!

No I do not want mistakes again. There are too many mistakes.

Here a list

-The Asurans were a mistake of the Ancients
-The Wraith were partially a mistake of the Ancients
-The Replicators were a mistake of probably the Ancients and the Asgard made the mistake of bringing them abort and starting their rise of power and the Asgard allowed their technology to be assimilated and they create better tech over and over again and the Replicators absorbed it.
-Humanform replicators (MW) were a mistake of the Asgard, the Asgard provided a neutronium rich planet and Reese and allowed them to be created.
-Michael was a mistake created by us.
-Mckay made the mistake to set the Asurans free.
-Daniel made the mistake going to the Ori galaxy and exposing him and Vala, making the Ori our enemy

There are as you see quite a lot mistakes involved in getting new enemies in our show. I am not sure the list is complete.

perkin127
August 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
dont forget Shep made the mistake of waking the wraith up

andromeda_dan
August 3rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
they are space zombies

Laura Dove
August 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM

I like your idea of these aliens being a human creation. Anyway, they don't look like wraith at all, except that they're not human. Organic technology is a very important part of the wraith characterisation, while those ones looked a lot more like androids. I even wondered if they were an experiment of the local universe replicators or something like that.

tricky
August 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Well, I had a theory today, and it's similar to some of yours: Seeing that the Mid season Finale will be called "The Lost Tribe/First Contact", it would appear that we discover a lost group of somthing. (Probably not Furling; don't get your hopes up). So, this group can be either lost Ancients, a lost group of their decendants from the Peg., or a lost offshoot of humanity.

Yes, I know, these guys look nothing like humans. But, as we have seen, the usual way things work in the SG-verse is that you have a leader species (Goa'uld, Ori priest, Wraith officers, Trust Member), and then you have their shock troops (Jaffa, Crusaders, Wraith Drone, MIB style intel guys). So, after meeting "the new guys", they are going to have a big shocking reveal as one of those big grey guys walks in!

I mean, those guys didnt seem like the Starfaring culture type (although neither do Klingons, so go figure...).

Thougts?

YutheGreat
August 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the posts guys.

My guess about the new bad guys, they seem wraith like, the teeth anyway. Micheal was probably successful in creating whatever he was making they, took over and evolved. It's AU lazy writing crap so who cares...

They seem like something Michael can cook up but I doubt Michael can make them exactly. I mean how can he make them including the logo.

Well, I had a theory today, and it's similar to some of yours: Seeing that the Mid season Finale will be called "The Lost Tribe/First Contact", it would appear that we discover a lost group of somthing. (Probably not Furling; don't get your hopes up). So, this group can be either lost Ancients, a lost group of their decendants from the Peg., or a lost offshoot of humanity.

Yes, I know, these guys look nothing like humans. But, as we have seen, the usual way things work in the SG-verse is that you have a leader species (Goa'uld, Ori priest, Wraith officers, Trust Member), and then you have their shock troops (Jaffa, Crusaders, Wraith Drone, MIB style intel guys). So, after meeting "the new guys", they are going to have a big shocking reveal as one of those big grey guys walks in!

I mean, those guys didnt seem like the Starfaring culture type (although neither do Klingons, so go figure...).

Thougts?

Agreed, the Stagate enemies are always divided up to social classes: warriors, slaves, leaders or something in that area.

I wonder what the other classes will be like?

New theory: what if when the Wraith was only starting out the Ancients decided we should enslave the Wraith? so they capture a hive and modify the Wraith. The implants are actually control implants to keep the guy in check= these guys. The leaders of these new race are actually descendants of the Ancients

It is like:
Humans = Wraith
Jaffa = New Guys

Mitchell82
August 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
I was thinking are they an offshoot race of the Wraith.

In my view, they applied the same battle tactics.
Darts that goes on suicide runs.
The one that attacked Ronnon was like a drone wasn't he.

Think about it. The Wraith are like vampires and these guys seem like frankenstines to me don't you agree?

The Wraith choose to pursue organic technologies while these guys pursued advance tech.

or

after the war with the ancients these guys didn't hybernate rather they choose to advance in technology. hence the implants,

what do you think?
They could be maybe a Wraith hybrid experiment or possibly Asuran as AU Shep mentioned Replicators. They also could be a form of cybernetic lifeform.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 4th, 2008, 09:05 AM

Thougts?

Spoilers for Lost Tribe/First Contact:
I have heard some spoilers that say an Asgard is going to appear in the mid-season two parter so perhap's it's a lost tribe of Asgard in the first part while we encounter a new race in First Contact.

dschnell
August 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Here another thought - my others were posted under a different topic - what if these new baddies are a result of a Replicator / Iratus insect merging? I sort of mentioned a Wraith Replicator hybrid already, but I was referring to the sort of Hybrid we see with Doctor Weir.

However, what if the Iratus insect somehow merged with a replicator unit itself or attached itself to a Replicator ancient clone? Maybe these guys are the resulting offspring.

In any case, hope we see more of them. For some reason I like them a lot better than I like the regular Wraith.

Boz4646
August 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I think the KEY to this new species was their logo on their warriors and on their battleship. The Wraith did not have a logo representing their race. This is a guess here but when a species has their logo on everything, they WANT to be known. Otherwise they would hide their logo and their actions/ambitions. I think this new species/race is more than just the frakensteins like creatures we have seen.

GhostPoet
August 4th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I think they are a totally seperate race from anything we've seen yet.

tricky
August 4th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I just had another idea, based on Prior's spoiler (now begins my attempt to not spoil)!

Ok, he mentioned a race that will be appearing in the finale. Thinking of the vicious nature of the aliens in this episode (firing all weapons at Atlantis, launching kamakazi fighters, the way they went for fighting without any type of discussions, the super grenade they used at the end, and the general growling, almost primative way they acted), one word came to mind:

Berserker!

YutheGreat
August 4th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Spoilers for Lost Tribe/First Contact:
I have heard some spoilers that say an Asgard is going to appear in the mid-season two parter so perhap's it's a lost tribe of Asgard in the first part while we encounter a new race in First Contact.

I had a new thought.

Humans + Iratus = Wraith
Asgard + Iratus = logo guys

Somebody mentioned that the ships and tech were simillar to Asuran or Asgard design. I agree. I haven't seen a ship as pristine as that since I saw the O'neill for the first time.

Maybe they are a lost tribe of Asgard that seperated from the main branch and followed the Ancients to Pegasus. Possibly to enlist the Ancients assistance in solving the cloning problem. They manage to evolve and transform into those guys.

Zamboni
August 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM
For some reason I like them a lot better than I like the regular Wraith.
Because they actually move around and hide behind cover during a firefight instead of standing right in front of bullets like the Wraith foot soldiers.

Man those foot soldiers are dumb. Who wears a helmet that covers your eyes?

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 5th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I just had another idea, based on Prior's spoiler (now begins my attempt to not spoil)!

Ok, he mentioned a race that will be appearing in the finale. Thinking of the vicious nature of the aliens in this episode (firing all weapons at Atlantis, launching kamakazi fighters, the way they went for fighting without any type of discussions, the super grenade they used at the end, and the general growling, almost primative way they acted), one word came to mind:

Berserker!

Not the finale but the mid season two parter :p but interesting name, I thought the same but only applied it to the alien soldiers themselves. We don't know yet but they didnt seem very intelligent which leads me to believe that perhaps they have a leadership caste among them which directs the "Berserkers" into action. But that's speculation mind you.

I had a new thought.

Humans + Iratus = Wraith
Asgard + Iratus = logo guys

Somebody mentioned that the ships and tech were simillar to Asuran or Asgard design. I agree. I haven't seen a ship as pristine as that since I saw the O'neill for the first time.

Maybe they are a lost tribe of Asgard that seperated from the main branch and followed the Ancients to Pegasus. Possibly to enlist the Ancients assistance in solving the cloning problem. They manage to evolve and transform into those guys.

From the spoilers I heard:
The Asgard are present but seem to be separate compared to a new alien race that pops in. Some of the concept art shows an arm similar to an Anubis Kull warrior. So it's possible the Daedalus Variations aliens might not appear again this season.

Man those foot soldiers are dumb. Who wears a helmet that covers your eyes?

It's better then the alternate, you seen their faces? Uglyyyyy. Also, it possible the masks carry a heads up display inside.

grime
August 5th, 2008, 07:17 AM
the aliens soldiers definately had a "cybernetically puppeteered reanimated corpse" vibe.

i certainly hope that they are NOT the new race we see this season. having them appear in a one-off is just so great. that's what alternate dimensions are for: completely bizzarre stuff that defines explanation.

i think that, in that dimension, they are the ancients!

GhostPoet
August 5th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I changed my mind. I think these new guys are what the Wraith will eventually become. They are going to have to adapt and change themselves because their food supply is dwindling and biting back.

so the Wraith are probably going to start taking either Atlantian, earth or replicator tech and using bits of it to make themselves into Cyborgs. It was the only way they could alter their bodies to get themselves off the human feeding.

tricky
August 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Actually, I'm on the fence as to wether these guys will appear on the show again or not: Yeah they seem cool, and you can go in any number of directions with them, but then again, it's cool to have something like that happen once, especially with alternate realities.

For instance, in the SG-1 ep where the SG-1 teams from alternate realities kept showing up, I was really hopeing for an 'evil' SG-1 to show up (made up of Nazis, Human slaves of Ra, Goa'uld underlords in the service of Apothis, replicator/foothold alien/Trust operatives, etc.), or at least the "girl version" of SG-1 (Sam, Dr. Fraiser, Daniel's girlfriend that hosted Osiris, and one of the cute female Jaffa). Sure, you probably would never have seen these people again, but it does make everything feel more "alternate" in your reality.

Here's a funny thought: those big, hulking mostly similar guys with alot of weapon tech from this episode: They are that Universe's Asgard! They just went "the other way" with their clone tech. (remember, Daniel said that the reason for the Asgard's problem was supposedly one mistake)

Barca
August 5th, 2008, 05:42 PM
The leaders of these new race are actually descendants of the Ancients

And they would be attacking Atlantis, why?

PG15
August 5th, 2008, 06:01 PM
They think the city should be rightfully theirs?

Hey, it's an idea.

DaMulta
August 5th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Those bad guys reminded me of the Borg from star trek....

DaMulta
August 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I changed my mind. I think these new guys are what the Wraith will eventually become. They are going to have to adapt and change themselves because their food supply is dwindling and biting back.

so the Wraith are probably going to start taking either Atlantian, earth or replicator tech and using bits of it to make themselves into Cyborgs. It was the only way they could alter their bodies to get themselves off the human feeding.

The Wraith can still eat regular food like us, but they chose not to do that. I don't know if they are really required to eat people, or maybe that they eat people because it gives them strength and a extended life that they don't get from regular food.

Laura Dove
August 5th, 2008, 06:27 PM
The Wraith can still eat regular food like us, but they chose not to do that. I don't know if they are really required to eat people, or maybe that they eat people because it gives them strength and a extended life that they don't get from regular food.

The can still ingest regular food, yes, but it does not sustain them when they are adults (cf. "Instinct").

If they had a choice, even an unpleasant (for them) one, annihilating/poisoning humans wouldn't be such a threat to them.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 6th, 2008, 04:23 AM

As Laura Dove said, the Wraith are capable of eating regular food and drink like Human's and do so in childhood but when they become adults, it does not fulfil them. They have an overriding sense of hunger that eat's at them all the time.

YutheGreat
August 6th, 2008, 05:04 PM
And they would be attacking Atlantis, why?

It is as PG15 said.

Besides some of the Ancients decendants have always been attacking Atlantis.
1. The Asurans.
2. The Genii
3. The Tria crew

The city was lost to them and now they want it back

Zelda fan
August 7th, 2008, 03:33 AM
it's the furlings

The Spanish Guy
August 7th, 2008, 04:23 AM
The Furlings, lol. :p

What we know now:
they have "conventional looking" ships and fighters. Ie, not organic-look like the Wraith, so they are more "normal". :p
They use energy pulse weapons. Remember Ronon testing the handgun or Mckay hurt, no stunner in there, ouch. :D

They do use the same tactics of massive bolts of energy from their ships to bombard, small fighters, al?* darts.
They are also strong, remember the helluva shots they widstand before going down.
They look technological, remember that red thing on their heads, some kind of comm-union link between them.
They like "propaganda", their symbol is stamped everywhere on them.
¿We will see them again? Maybe. Or maybe were created only for this episode. :)
In the end: They can potentionally be another annoying enemy, if they exist in "our" dimension too, time will tell.

GhostPoet
August 7th, 2008, 11:48 AM
As Laura Dove said, the Wraith are capable of eating regular food and drink like Human's and do so in childhood but when they become adults, it does not fulfil them. They have an overriding sense of hunger that eat's at them all the time.

Thus they will need to cybernetically enhance their bodies to move away from that in order to survive.

At least I hope so!! :D

tricky
August 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM
It would be cool to see them again; alot of the "throw away" races seem to have a lot of potential (Reol, Reetoo (sp?), Foothold aliens all come to mind), but until some writer decides to bring them back (like the robot SG-1 duplicates), they are forgotten.

IF they use them again, I hope they are as original as possible: if they are cyborgs, then don't have them try to 'assimilate' or 'upgrade' everyone they meet; maybe stray away from the traditional SG badguy scheme and just have these guys, no 'more human' guys (System Lord, Wraith officer) that will actually be the guy in charge (yes, I know it will be hard to find big hulking guys to play the part); don't have them be someone's 'mistake', someone above listed all the 'mistakes' we've had seen in SG; and please give us at least one 'Face' enemy, it took forever for the Wraith to get their 'face' (Todd :wraithanime11: ), the Goa'uld had tons of them, the Genni, the Assurans and even the Replicators had them: Give us a guy to hate (or love/hate).

By the way, thinking of my above comment, about the Asgard possibly becomeing the hulking guys; remember the ep were the Asgard had found an earlier version of their species? Anyone remember what that guy looked like?

I'm just thinking outloud now.....

YutheGreat
August 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM
The Asgards appeared more humanish. Humanoid isn't really a right description cause they were always humanoid.

These guys have culture. Just from the logo they have a flag etc. So it is unlikely they are someone's recent mistake.

Have we ever seen the Asgard flag? are they simillar.

tricky
August 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Well, the Assurans and the Wraith aren't recent mistakes either; these guys could be the Ancients FIRST project, which would make them several thousand years old.

And that logo could just be a brand name/symbol, like the one on your computer "Now available from the Warrior Superstore: The Berserker MDK! Want to break your enemies will, terrify prisoners and conquer your home system? Then Berserker MDK is YOUR answer! Bio-enhanced physique, cyber control brainlock, and extensive combot training makes each unit a walking engine of death! Add to that training on Marauder class fighters and Dreadnaught battleships and you get a fighting force to conquer ANY galaxy.

find your local WS in the Pegasas galaxy red pages, under munitions dealers!";)

prion
August 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Hmm, the aliens look like Cardassians (ST:DS9) on steroids ;) with a smattering of Borg tossed in (that blinking red thing on their head)...

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 9th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Well, the Assurans and the Wraith aren't recent mistakes either; these guys could be the Ancients FIRST project, which would make them several thousand years old.

And that logo could just be a brand name/symbol, like the one on your computer "Now available from the Warrior Superstore: The Berserker MDK! Want to break your enemies will, terrify prisoners and conquer your home system? Then Berserker MDK is YOUR answer! Bio-enhanced physique, cyber control brainlock, and extensive combot training makes each unit a walking engine of death! Add to that training on Marauder class fighters and Dreadnaught battleships and you get a fighting force to conquer ANY galaxy.

find your local WS in the Pegasas galaxy red pages, under munitions dealers!";)

Haha nice one and also like the Marauder name for the fighters, going to have to remember that one :D

MechaThor
August 9th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Althought I like this Idea, I would rather them be a separate entity to both the Ancients/Humans and the Wrath.

They did look rather, wraith. But like you said have a very different looking Technology. Personally I like to think of them as a new species which came in possibly from another galaxy, taking advantage of the void left by the weaken Wraith. Also a possible foreshadowing to their emergence latter in the series.

I don't see why every new alien has be some kind of Ancient mistake. Its very possible that they evolved on their own just like Humans and Goa'uld.

tricky
August 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Haha nice one and also like the Marauder name for the fighters, going to have to remember that one :D

Thanks Prior: remember, I named them first!

So, the bad guys are now Berserkers, their ships are Marauders, and the main ship a Dreadnaught.!

When they first started the "Wraith are losing strength" story line, I thought about what if the Wraith were keeping something WORSE out, like that stray cat that keeps mice outa your kitchen. Now that the Wraith hives are scattered, all sorts of nasties are going to start showing up.

Tj (stargate fan)
August 12th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I actually think the aliens may not be related to the Wraith at all.
Their weapons resemble the Guns used by the convicts of the episode "Forsaken" which may mean their technolgy level is more along the lines of the Serrakin. And Tenat and Jup have also been seen using the same gun with the green flash in the episode Promethus Unbound against Daniel in a Kull Suit.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 13th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I actually think the aliens may not be related to the Wraith at all.
Their weapons resemble the Guns used by the convicts of the episode "Forsaken" which may mean their technolgy level is more along the lines of the Serrakin. And Tenat and Jup have also been seen using the same gun with the green flash in the episode Promethus Unbound against Daniel in a Kull Suit.

Thats a simple case of reusing old props. Kind of like the Wraith spear guns being the same as the Bedrosian staff weapons back on SG-1. Saves costs really. Anyway, I don't think they are a species of Wraith or Asgard related or anything. I think they just be a new species, could be wrong but thats what I believe right now.

Gala
August 25th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Tbh their technology is pretty damn good. Took a few shots form our beams and if their main weapons were damaging the atlantis shield thatt much.. that's some firepower, especially from one ship.

nx01a
August 25th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I hope not.

Infinite-Possibilities
August 26th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I tihkn they aren't related to the Wraith at all. They look like they were members of some evil alien empire that isn't around or as threatening in the "regular" reality. Like the Glagorg Empire or something.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 26th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Tbh their technology is pretty damn good. Took a few shots form our beams and if their main weapons were damaging the atlantis shield thatt much.. that's some firepower, especially from one ship.

Remember though that the Asgard beam weapons werent at fullpower, still somewhat impressive for a ship that size but its not like the Daedalus was at fullpower.

Its a shame we won't get to see these guys again... or perhaps an Atlantis movie can cover them...

Automission
September 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I worked out a good theory on these bad guys. We saw them being quite strong, big and adverse to light. Could they be ex Wraith warriors, who wore the masks? That could explain them not liking bright lights, being strong and big.
Perhaps they felt the poor treatment they got with the other wraith was not worth it, and saw technology as a good reason to advance beyond they're old brothers, to become a new threat.

Prior_of_the_Ori
September 16th, 2008, 03:37 AM
I worked out a good theory on these bad guys. We saw them being quite strong, big and adverse to light. Could they be ex Wraith warriors, who wore the masks? That could explain them not liking bright lights, being strong and big.
Perhaps they felt the poor treatment they got with the other wraith was not worth it, and saw technology as a good reason to advance beyond they're old brothers, to become a new threat.

Doesnt make much sense to me, I mean Wraith warriors are blind creatures and had a lighter skin tone then these guys. Plus, if they were ex-Wraith then they would have used Wraith tech rather then develop something completely different. I mean look at Michael, he is an ex-Wraith and he pretty much uses Wraith technology rather then branch into something completely different.

Personally, I think these guys should be just a new alien race as I said previously as we already have Michael and his Hybrids as a different spin on the Wraith.