Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the bad guys get easier to kill just like all other enemies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the bad guys get easier to kill just like all other enemies.

It seems that all enemies in the star gate universe start off nearly immortal, then end up being killed by a couple of pistol shots.

Remember the Goa'uld? They were impossible to kill in Children of the Gods, they took a lot of weapons fire and it didn't do anything to them.
    Same for the wraith

Not even the replicators escaped, remember how they used to be able to reform after being shot?

The only enemy that hasn't been weakened is probably the ori.

So, will the new bad guys suffer the same fate?

Unfortunately you have a point. Unfortunately the answer is yes.

Comment

Originally posted by auror View Post
      It seems that all enemies in the star gate universe start off nearly immortal, then end up being killed by a couple of pistol shots.

Remember the Goa'uld? They were impossible to kill in Children of the Gods, they took a lot of weapons fire and it didn't do anything to them.
      Same for the wraith

Not even the replicators escaped, remember how they used to be able to reform after being shot?

The only enemy that hasn't been weakened is probably the ori.

So, will the new bad guys suffer the same fate?

of course they will. every enemy starts off as a super-enemy and then gradually weakens so that our heros can defeat them.
      in the first episode the Jaffa had armor that was completely bulletproof to machine gun fire, then later even one shot from a gun killed them.

the Goauld were super-powerful and it took like an army to kill one of them and even then his snake would jump out and possess someone else.
      then later one shot from a gun killed them and their snakes were not even able to get out and try to get a new host.
      a Goauld used to be 10 times stronger than a human, now a human can beat the snake-crap out of a goauld without breaking a sweat.

the Replicators were able to reform endlessly the first time we saw them, then later they decided they can reform only twice, and later they decided they can't reform at all (in Ark of Truth).

Human form replicators used to be immortal, gunshots didn't even leave a scratch on them. later gunshots did cause them damage and they had to repair like the T-1000, and later gunshot made them loose material and weaken (the replicator that ran loose on Earth in Atlantis episode) and be killed simply by letting them fall from high altitude.
      They also used to be able to change shape (replicarter) later they couldn't (in atlantis).

the Kull warriors used to be impossible to stop and later just all died for no reason.

the Wraith were nearly impossible to kill the first time (took 500 bullets to kill one of them), even a severed hand of a Wraith would remain alive and crawl on the floor. they also had mind-controlling powers and ability to make you see things, which was completely forgotten. and now one shot from a gun kills them.

the Ori were also weakened. they were intorduces as ascended beings with god like powers, making you think the only way to defeat them would have to be a celestial battle between them and the ascended-ancients, but later they were killed by a plot-device. they were all just sitting in one place doing nothing. Their priors used to be so powerful they could destroy entire worlds, later to be defeated by a simple plot-device as well.

of course the new enemy is going to be the same.

Comment

i understand what u mean but hey they must be doing something right were still watching. I mean if we couldnt defeat the bad guys we'd never get on to meeting any new bad guys.

Comment

Well its inevitable a badguy will get weaker. Over time the heroes learn better strategies and tailor their weapons to the enemys weaknesses. Unless ud rather the heroes be dumb and unable to adapt? Even Picard knew to adapt his weapons to fight the borg withing 1-2 episodes.

Comment

With the Goa'uld and Jaffa didn't they switch to armor piercing bullets? For the Wraith maybe they switched to Hollow Points, which I believe have more stopping power then regular rounds

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
              the Wraith were nearly impossible to kill the first time (took 500 bullets to kill one of them), even a severed hand of a Wraith would remain alive and crawl on the floor. they also had mind-controlling powers and ability to make you see things, which was completely forgotten. and now one shot from a gun kills them.
              I agree, the Wraith used to be immense. In The Rising (Ep 1) they had force like abilities, such as pushing people from a distance with thought. It does make me laugh, the amount of Wraith the team has killed with relative ease. However, the Wraith in the first episode were not hibernating. Thus suggests they would have been actively feeding, and would have be near full strength. Therefore the awakening Wraith would have been weaker, but still they are pathetic right now.

I do like the new hostile race of aliens, they look pretty dam cool with loads of potential. But think about it, were they so hard to kill? I mean the yet again the team managed to kill them easily, they only seem to be physically strong. Additionally the F 302's took out the alien fleet without any losses (that I can remember). Were they actually that strong?......

Comment

Yes the enemies are still as hard to kill, but the more you kill something that is hard, you find the weak spots, etc. Plus who would want to watch and show where half of it they are trying to kill two guys, it would get boring fast. The speed up the killing for the story. Also the wraith are lacking in food supply, meaning only the top wraith with have full regen powers. One last thought, who says all the wraith they have killed in the past didn't regen after words.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                  With the Goa'uld and Jaffa didn't they switch to armor piercing bullets? For the Wraith maybe they switched to Hollow Points, which I believe have more stopping power then regular rounds
                  I heard that explanation before and it sounds reasonable, can anyone find an official source or an episode transcript where that was mentioned?

And about the Replicators reassmbling, I believe they could only reassemble if they were made out of the Asgard ship metal, not Earth or Goa'uld ship metal. The Asgard ship metal was that shiny purple-colored metal that didn't rust and the other ships' all had that steel-colored metal that did rust.

Vala,

Comment

Yeah. They will. In the beginning of a new race's appearance on the show hey want them to appear like they are this really big bad enemy that can't easily be defeated. However, as time goes on they have bigger battles with larger numbers of that enemy. The only way to make it so that the team would be able to survive such an encounter would be to have it take less to kill them. It kind of annoys me that they do get weaker, but it's necessary for the show to have more enemies attacking and whatnot. It's better than fighting one or two enemies for an entire show.
                    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

The only problem with the adapting thory is that standard military issue bullets are armor pircing.

Comment

For the Goa'uld, they switched from low-grade weapons (glorified security guards) to high-grade weapons (P90s)

The replicators..... based on human-form replicators, it seems neutronium is the regenerative requirement- early replicators were made out of Asgard hull, but the metal was later reserved exclusively for human-forms.

And the Ori only once destroyed a planet, and they planned ahead like all hell. Even then we screwed up their plan. Their power was always finite, and we needed to learn the right strategy (don't stare at their main weapon. Ever.)

Comment

there's always waiting another miraculous superweapon...
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X