This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greek gods/figures in future Stargate Mythology

Who thinks there should be a movie or something with Zeus or some other greek mythological figure as the bad guy. I think it would be pretty sweet to have some new goa'uld.
    Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
    Who thinks there should be a movie or something with Zeus or some other greek mythological figure as the bad guy. I think it would be pretty sweet to have some new goa'uld.
    it's been a while since i've looked up anything to do with greek mythology, but isn't Zeus the son of Chronos, who was revealed to be the system lord who killed teal'c's father??
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
      it's been a while since i've looked up anything to do with greek mythology, but isn't Zeus the son of Chronos, who was revealed to be the system lord who killed teal'c's father??
      Yeah Cronus fathered Zeus, Hades and Poseidon according to legend! So it would be unlikely that Zeus would amount to much while his father was a System Lord! Like when Ra was Supreme System Lord, Heru-ur was a minor Goa'uld in his service and only rose to power when Ra died.

Comment

But Zeus is supposed to be the king of the greek gods, so he is a very important figure in Greek Mythology. Therefore, I think he should be as important as Ra, Cronus, or even Apophis. Besides, they used Zeus's children Athena and Ares in SG-1, why not him?

Comment

Since in Greek mythology Zeus overthrew Cronus, Zeus probably just gained control of Earth before the uprising, or at least part of earth. Just like how Imhotep was important here, but was only a minor goa'uld. Or Zeus may have never existed as a goa'uld, and was made up after the goa'uld left earth.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
          Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

hmmm Heracles/Hercules = Harcesis?
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
              hmmm Heracles/Hercules = Harcesis?
              Interesting theory, but very slim chances to be true.
              The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Karhedron
              I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

You know what, here's a cool idea, why don't they have Hercules as a harcesis. He's the son of Hera and Zeus, both greek gods and possible goa'uld. He could be an enemy of SG-1 in a future movie or even an ally.

Comment

The Goa'uld being enemies ended with Ba'al in Continuum. It's time for something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
                    You know what, here's a cool idea, why don't they have Hercules as a harcesis. He's the son of Hera and Zeus, both greek gods and possible goa'uld. He could be an enemy of SG-1 in a future movie or even an ally.
                    Heracules was fighting with the gods, so the only option is ally.
                    Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    The Goa'uld being enemies ended with Ba'al in Continuum. It's time for something new.
                    It is a good idea, but he is right. Sorry dude
                    Spoiler:
                    I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

Comment

Yeah it would have been a great idea a few years ago, but the Goa'uld's time is up IMO.
                      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                        Yeah it would have been a great idea a few years ago, but the Goa'uld's time is up IMO.
                        But there could be another thing... The System Lords are dead, not all The Goa'uld's are dead, some of them are still alive, hidden somewhere...
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
                          But there could be another thing... The System Lords are dead, not all The Goa'uld's are dead, some of them are still alive, hidden somewhere...
                          But all of the first- and second-rate Goa'uld are gone. Why would we care about some third-rate Goa'uld?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            But all of the first- and second-rate Goa'uld are gone. Why would we care about some third-rate Goa'uld?
                            Don't know, don't care. History has shown that if one evil person from a nation survives, he will get his revenge on the rival/enemy nation. Got the point? (Actually I know, but I don't care. )
                            Spoiler:

Comment

It would have been nice to hear mention of Ouranos, father of Cronus (Kronos). Cronus overthrew Ouranos, and Cronus's first born son Zeus followed in his father's footsteps by overthrowing his daddy and becoming highest ruler of the deities.

Comment

Working...
                              X