Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe + Alternate Reality Drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe + Alternate Reality Drive.

Am I the only one who thinks that a better concept for Stargate Universe would be a team that strands themselves on an Ancient ship equipped with an ARD like the one shown in this episode? An accident occurs on the ship and they're sent to a reality far from their own and have to make it back?

It'd be pretty similar to Sliders, group lands in an alternate reality, certain number of hours or days until the next transport and they have adventures in the various realities while they're waiting. Sliders was such a great show in the beginning, I'd love to see something similar.

Thoughts?
    sigpic

This is like eating chocolate cake every single meal - too much of a good thing. It's good once in a while, but when you are changing universes so much, who would really care what happens any more?

Comment

I thought the alternate reality thing was col in this episode but an entire series on the topic I would find annoying because of the impossibilities with it. I like things that actually have a better chance of occurring. I just don't like most alternate reality/time travel/etc. things. I don't know. I guess if it was done right it could work.

I'm so wishy-washy.
      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Sure...

We'll call the show,

Stargate: Sliders.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I wanted to call it the Quantum drive.

I was thinking about that when they started jumping I don't think it will work for stargate though. They won't get to use the stargates that much.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I like AU stories once in a while just to explore the, "what if?" factor, but I wouldn't watch a Stargate series based on this idea.

I liked Sliders too, but it was it's own thing.

Comment

i agree if they jumped from world to world it would be easy not to care for the characters within that world, i mean in this episode mckay and ronon esp dismissed the atlantis on the 2nd reality as not the 'real' atlantis. if the characters cant even care how will the audience care though a whole series. plus it would be a complete rip off of sliders and i would prob get bored of looking at a ship

Comment

This story ARC has real possibility.

Not like the stupidity of Sliders at all. We've already had a couple if not several episodes dealing with Alternate realites from SG-1 and Atlantis. What Stargate doing which Sliders didn't do is allowing free movement from each reality...

Hello does any one get what that means....remember what happened to Sam when her double was too close in the sam reality....It didn't happen to Rodney. I think because there realities were likely far enough appart. But I digress...

Does any get what this means? That ship is going to continue to at least 6 different reality before the drive goes KONK. At least six more Rodney's will get the idea...I bet at least one of them actually does what our Rodney doesn't do...Create and AR-Drive/ Quantum Drive.

Keep going with this. We've already had several episodes, again including Atlantis about the other realities asking for help. What we have here is the ultimate SCI story. Stargate may do what no other series has done before. Forgive the Trek refrence but what if this ends up being a new type of government....A United Federation of Realites!!

If not that far then perhaps an alliance.
                What if these aliens get the technology and star invading realies, combining there resources and spreading there influence across dozens of alternate universes. Earth's only chance would be to attempt to do the same.

Just think of how hard that would be...We already have huge problems combining governments on Earth. But survival could be the catalyst for and unprecesdent move by this Sci Fi series and it might rid us this need to go back to the Michael plot line and may even Spice up the Wraith Plot Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                  Does any get what this means? That ship is going to continue to at least 6 different reality before the drive goes KONK. At least six more Rodney's will get the idea...I bet at least one of them actually does what our Rodney doesn't do...Create and AR-Drive/ Quantum Drive.
                  It's going to the same bunch of realities it went to before this one though. Given that nobody got unboard those times and only one team got unboard after what appears to be months of that, it tends to suggest that the Daedalus had been appearing in realities where Atlantis wasn't on that planet. Which makes sense as you're going to have a ton of realities where Atlantis was destroyed, a ton realities where Atlantis never left the planet it was originally on, and a ton of realities where they picked different planets to go to after the replicator incident in "First Strike." Not to mention all the realities where the Ancients never went to the Pegasus galaxy, where they were never defeated, where the planet doesn't exist, and so on and so forth. So it's more likely that the Daedalus will just be left alone until the drive finally gives out and then it will drift in space where it's possible someone will some day find it and fix the drive and/or recreate their own.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxyEX View Post
                    Am I the only one who thinks that a better concept for Stargate Universe would be a team that strands themselves on an Ancient ship equipped with an ARD like the one shown in this episode? An accident occurs on the ship and they're sent to a reality far from their own and have to make it back?

It'd be pretty similar to Sliders, group lands in an alternate reality, certain number of hours or days until the next transport and they have adventures in the various realities while they're waiting. Sliders was such a great show in the beginning, I'd love to see something similar.

Thoughts?
                    Personally? No, I wouldnt want to see a series about alternate realities. It doesnt contribute to the mainstream universe which needs to be expanded upon. Alternate realities are fun as episodes but as a series based on what Stargate has developed so far? No.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

What would there really be to gain from that? Sliders worked cuz it showed how earth was different because of choices. But theres not alot of history to show in previously unknown galaxies. Theres not really anything they could do in a AU they couldnt do in the real U, and it would actually matter if it was done here.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                        What would there really be to gain from that? Sliders worked cuz it showed how earth was different because of choices. But theres not alot of history to show in previously unknown galaxies. Theres not really anything they could do in a AU they couldnt do in the real U, and it would actually matter if it was done here.
                        thats a good point theres only so many slightly different variations of atlantis they could do (remember the plant their on atm isnt even atlantis' original planet) it would get pretty dull

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                          This is like eating chocolate cake every single meal - too much of a good thing. It's good once in a while, but when you are changing universes so much, who would really care what happens any more?
                          What works or not is all in the writing, not the concept.

Comment

I would watch for sure it if the authors promise to include the "You're a blistering idiot!" phrase.

Seriously, might be fun, might be Sliders rip-off - but whatever it would be - it better not have Cromags. They've ruined the series, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X