"One of the other ships...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"One of the other ships...."

This line that was spoken by Teyla in the episode caught my curiosity. Especially considering that we only have three ships.
    She mentioned the Daedelus, the Apollo, but then said ships plural. Now this could just be a misinterpratation on my part...but could it be possible that Earth has built a fifth 304. Especially considering they seem to come out about once a year?

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
    This line that was spoken by Teyla in the episode caught my curiosity. Especially considering that we only have three ships.
    She mentioned the Daedelus, the Apollo, but then said ships plural. Now this could just be a misinterpratation on my part...but could it be possible that Earth has built a fifth 304. Especially considering they seem to come out about once a year?
    Daedalus,Apollo,Phoenix, Odyssey,

we'll find out the 5th in the final season of bsg

Comment

Well the Phoenix should be coming out soon. Maybe she thought it was rushed into service and she just wasn't made aware of it. Or maybe they just don't keep her up to date on how many ships Earth has.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda fan View Post
        Daedalus,Apollo,Phoenix, Odyssey,

we'll find out the 5th in the final season of bsg
        Good one.
        And yeah. It probably is the Phoenix. But the way it sounded in the alternate timeline is that ship was rushed into service. And it seemed later then the events of this episode would have taken place. Just a guess on my part. Even though it is probably the Phoenix.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
          Well the Phoenix should be coming out soon. Maybe she thought it was rushed into service and she just wasn't made aware of it. Or maybe they just don't keep her up to date on how many ships Earth has.
          Then she would not have known about the Odyssey, and clearly she did, because she would have stopped at Apollo and Daedelus...and actually she would have known about the Odyssey.
          Still. That does not explain why she made it plural.

Comment

TPTB have already said that there won't be any ships coming out in Season 5, so she didn't mean a newly-built Phoenix. I'm pretty sure it was just a slip because TPTB didn't want to tie in SG-1 too much by saying Odyssey, especially since Atlantis-only fans may not recognize the name.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Then she would not have known about the Odyssey, and clearly she did, because she would have stopped at Apollo and Daedelus...and actually she would have known about the Odyssey.
              Still. That does not explain why she made it plural.
              Yeah, the Odyssey came to Atlantis in an Sg-1 episode so she of course knew about it and Sheppard probably retold the story of the future timeline so she heard about the Phoenix there and/or knew it was coming out soon so she could've had it in her head that it might've been rushed into service and sent to the Pegasus galaxy without her knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                TPTB have already said that there won't be any ships coming out in Season 5, so she didn't mean a newly-built Phoenix. I'm pretty sure it was just a slip because TPTB didn't want to tie in SG-1 too much by saying Odyssey, especially since Atlantis-only fans may not recognize the name.
                That is possible.
                Although I think it would be nice to start hearing of ships that we may never actually see, or not become a main part of the plot like the first four out of five battle cruisers did.
                Prometheus, Oddysey, Daedelus, and I bet we will see the Apollo again, even though I am not to thrilled about the prospect.

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                The Odyssey came to Atlantis in an Sg-1 episode.
                Yep. "The Pegasus Project"
                Ah.........actually that is a good point.

Comment

It was a strange line... I'd say it was Teyla assuming that the Phenoix had been finished and is in service in the milky way, after all we have no idea of the time line of events in The Last Man and The Seed takes place 3 months after Search and Resuce if I recall correctly
                  A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                    It was a strange line... I'd say it was Teyla assuming that the Phenoix had been finished and is in service in the milky way, after all we have no idea of the time line of events in The Last Man and The Seed takes place 3 months after Search and Resuce if I recall correctly
                    Where'd you hear that?

Comment

Where'd you hear that?
                      I think it was in the dialogue of The Seed...
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                        I think it was in the dialogue of The Seed...
                        Hvae to rewatch that one one day...of course by the time I do I will have forgotten about this conversation more then likely.

Comment

Hvae to rewatch that one one day...of course by the time I do I will have forgotten about this conversation more then likely.
                          I'll probably re watch it tonight.....

Comment

The Seed is 2 months after the end of Kindred Part 2.

Comment

How would you feel if she referred to the Odyssey as the "other ship"? She knows they're more ships out there, but she likely doesn't know how many.
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                              X