Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The bad guys were a nice reference to the cylons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bad guys were a nice reference to the cylons!

* the way they board a ship by crashing into it
    * the red light on their head
    * the self-destruct when they die

Are there so little BG fans around here?

Originally posted by Ainoow View Post

They cant be cylons, they didnt have seckz with any of the main cast and then start a game of whos the cylon that lasts for four years :-p

Comment

The Wraith aren't too different. In the early days of Atlantis the Wraith self-destructed after death and in an episode in the First Season a Wraith (Bob, I believe) beamed aboard Atlantis before the Dart self-destructed, which is similar to crashing into the city.
      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

They didn't self destruct. He was holding a grenade.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
          quite... and 3 out of 4 died without blowing themselves up with a grenade....
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
            The Wraith have both a grenade type weapon and a self destruct device that has been shown attached to some of their chests. Off hand, we've see the self destruct in "Suspicion" and "Sateda."

Self destruct - http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/t...gy/index.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
              The Wraith have both a grenade type weapon and a self destruct device that has been shown attached to some of their chests. Off hand, we've see the self destruct in "Suspicion" and "Sateda."

Self destruct - http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/t...gy/index.shtml
              I think he was referring to the aliens in this episode not the Wraith
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                I think he was referring to the aliens in this episode not the Wraith
                That makes sense and yeah it does look like an alien grenade now that it's been pointed out. The beeping and blinking light, plus the situation it was actived under brings up imagry of a self destruct type device. But it passes more for a grenade when I look at it closely.

Comment

Correct. I was referring to the Aliens

Comment

Lol some people are dim.

Comment

I don't think a show of this caliber would dare reference a competing show of another caliber.

Comment

Well, the grenade "suicide" reminded me more of the predators for some reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ainoow View Post

No offense meant but...

...As far as crashing ships into things, has anyone ever hear of WWII Kamikaze pilots?

... ST TNG's Borg alo had red blinking lights.

...Has anyone ever seen the movie Predator? They did the self destruct thing back in 1987.

Again, I respect the opinion, but not everything BSG does is original. I mean that sarcastically as very little in the series is original. It might be entertaining, but it really isn't original in any way (hence the series itself being a remake).

Comment

Originally posted by DanJack View Post
                            No offense meant but...

...As far as crashing ships into things, has anyone ever hear of WWII Kamikaze pilots?

... ST TNG's Borg alo had red blinking lights.

...Has anyone ever seen the movie Predator? They did the self destruct thing back in 1987.

Again, I respect the opinion, but not everything BSG does is original. I mean that sarcastically as very little in the series is original. It might be entertaining, but it really isn't original in any way (hence the series itself being a remake).
                            except the predators self destruct was WAY cooler

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                              I don't think a show of this caliber would dare reference a competing show of another caliber.
                              A lower caliber?

Comment

Working...
                              X