Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm surprised nobody has noticed this yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised nobody has noticed this yet.

But the fact that the other team died from lack of supplies is a bit ridiculous. Haven't we already seen in "Undending" (SG-1) that you can make food and pretty much anything else out of Asgard beaming technology? Sam figured it out, so I'm sure McKay could have.

"Parallel, probably not as smart, etc". He was smart enough to give our McKay a headstart on the new drive.

Just something to think about. Almost as ridiculous as "Hey, this is where the Ancients developed drone tech. Oh, but wait... they had loads in the ancient outpost on Earth.... never mind."

Also, the CG was quite awesome, can't fault them there. I'm looking forward to whenever these new bad guys return.
    Last edited by MizuhoChan; 02 August 2008, 11:57 AM. Reason: Grammar police.

Beaming suppilies out of thin air was possible on the Odyssey because it containied an Asgard core. The Daedalus does have such a device as it is most likely on the ship being studied at Area 51
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by MizuhoChan View Post
      But the fact that the other team died from lack of supplies is a bit ridiculous. Haven't we already seen in "Undending" (SG-1) that you can make food and pretty much anything else out of Asgard beaming technology? Sam figured it out, so I'm sure McKay could have.
      The she on "Unending" was way more advanced than the Daedalus. It had as much Asgard tech as you could fit on one ship. The Daedalus just had weapons and beaming technology.
      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
      Spoiler:
      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

May be they did not got enough power.
        Asgard in memoriam

Comment

In Unending Carter had weeks to reconfigure the Asgard transporter into a "replicator" where as AU Rodney was probably spending his time trying to get the ship back to his reality.

And let us not forget the Oddy has both the Asgard core and a ZPM which equals significantly more power than was available in this episode.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

This ship dosent have a replicator only oddesy does becuz only ODDY has the asguard core. The original crew took their supplies down to the planet they evac'ed to and the other sga1 team would only have supplies that were in their jumper.

Comment

Spelling, try it, sometime...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

But the fact that the other team died from lack of supplies is a bit ridiculous.
                Anything could have happened, you can't disprove it.

"Parallel, probably not as smart, etc". He was smart enough to give our McKay a headstart on the new drive.
                McKay is always trying to convince himself he has value.

Just something to think about. Almost as ridiculous as "Hey, this is where the Ancients developed drone tech. Oh, but wait... they had loads in the ancient outpost on Earth.... never mind."
                Yeah just like "The Americans developed their weapons in the united states but now there are some in Iraq"

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                  Yeah just like "The Americans developed their weapons in the united states but now there are some in Iraq"
                  Actually he's right about the drone thing. It was a confirmed oversight where the wording was concerned - It should've been something like; "This is where the Ancients developed mini-drone technology," as the Ancients developed drones in the Milky Way, took it with them to the Pegasus galaxy, and then perfected mini-drone technology there.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                    Actually he's right about the drone thing. It was a confirmed oversight where the wording was concerned - It should've been something like; "This is where the Ancients developed mini-drone technology," as the Ancients developed drones in the Milky Way, took it with them to the Pegasus galaxy, and then perfected mini-drone technology there.
                    Indeed
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Also, the CG was quite awesome, can't fault them there. I'm looking forward to whenever these new bad guys return.
                      The drone part is easily explanable. Very much so. When the Ancients returned to Earth they had enough time before they ascended in order to restock...stock period....the drones in the Ancient outpost in Antartica at the time.
                      Or...they had to reinvent and redesign the technology over the hundreds of years between them leaving the Milky Way, and them entering Atlantis. Who knows what they may of lost in that time.

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
                      May be they did not got enough power.
                      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

The ship was in pretty bad shape, the probably didn't have enough energy use the device even if they had it.
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Maybe the dead AU teams universe never got given the Asgard Core and so had no idea it could be done.

When dealing with AU the possibilities are endless.

"A million different realities with every possible variation."

I find that they all died in a nice neat group a little disturbing though, LOL.
                          : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                          : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                            Maybe the dead AU teams universe never got given the Asgard Core and so had no idea it could be done.

When dealing with AU the possibilities are endless.

"A million different realities with every possible variation."

I find that they all died in a nice neat group a little disturbing though, LOL.

The AU team got the Asgard core.
                            Or how the should get their hands on Asgard beams?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhawk View Post
                              The AU team got the Asgard core.
                              Or how the should get their hands on Asgard beams?
                              The ship didn't belong to the dead AU teams universe. They boarded it when it popped up in theirs, just like ours did.
                              : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                              : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Working...
                              X