I hope Sobol and her crew eventually make it back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Sobol and her crew eventually make it back

Now i know Ronon said not to worry about the billions upon billions of alternate reality people but i can't help but wonder if Sobol and her crew will be alright.

I got the impression they were in passing through so many alternate realities and sustained so much damage from hostile threats that they took their escape as soon as they found a relatively safe reality and abandoned ship so they wouldn't risk the hostiles in the next reality.

Effectively, they stranded themselves to save themselves. They knew full well their chances of rescue from "their" reality were practically zero. the chance of returning home nil.

Kind of sad story, like "the flying dutchman" from which this episode is based. I can imagine teyla telling her son later in life: "Let me tell you a story called 'The Shifting Daedalus'..."

Ah well, i hope Sobol and her crew somehow... after poking and prodding their Mckay enough... find a way to get back.

That was the most interesting part of the episode for me- Sobol and the original crew. I really wish we'd gotten to see more of that crew's logs, or figure out some more information about them. Sadly, the odds are good that they'll never return home, but they did the right thing abandoning ship. I hope things worked out for them.
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Yeah. It would have been cool to see what happened to the crew. But it would have taken up way too much time in the episode. Maybe in a future episode?
      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
        Yeah. It would have been cool to see what happened to the crew. But it would have taken up way too much time in the episode. Maybe in a future episode?
        Yeah, fingers crossed!
        Meh.

Comment

I suppose it's possible that for some reason there was a Stargate on that planet that time around or that they have what they need to send out a subspace message and Earth happens to be in the Pegasus galaxy in that reality and comes to get them. If they find a way off the planet, they have a chance at being able to then find some way to traverse realities again in order to try and get home. But if they can't, chances are no rescue from their native reality will ever come/succeed and they'll die there since they don't have enough technology with them to build anything that will really help them.

Also, it occurs to me that they might've gotten really unlucky and landed in a reality where entropic cascade failure would occur. In which case, most of the crew could've been effected and those few who were "lucky" enough to have their counterpart die before they got in that reality, end up being even more alone on that planet.

Comment

i supose if they had found a planet with atlantis on it they might have landed in a reality with access to a quantum mirror but that chances would be astonomical.

Comment

I came up with a similar idea about a year ago, which I posted, that the Prometheus from an alternate universe appeared. The crew were gone, the episode revolved around the crew’s logs and finding how and why they were there and about the previous occupants.

sigpic

Comment

you should ask for royalties lol

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                  I came up with a similar idea about a year ago, which I posted, that the Prometheus from an alternate universe appeared. The crew were gone, the episode revolved around the crew’s logs and finding how and why they were there and about the previous occupants.
                  love the sig, greened

Comment

I think the best chance for them is to hitch a ride on their Daedalus on its return trip, if it has enough jumps left, and its close enough for long enough for 302's or beams.

Even if there are only enough jumps left to get to their universe or the next, they might have acquired enough supplies to stay on board and make repairs.

But, given that a SGA-1 team starved on that ship after Sobol disembarked, they are likely far more than six jumps away. There only hope lies in a determined group fixing their ship and rescuing them. In one of the 6 universes, maybe there is an Atlantis team or some Asgard or Goa'uld or a few members of a species of green blobs who decided waiting for the potential return of this or another Daedalus was worth it...
                    The initial shock and disappointment in the Atlantis cancellation has faded, but its still looking like more and more of a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post

Really? Cool! I once casually thought up the basic episode idea of "The Tao of Rodney"

Except in my thought up episode it was McKay getting sprayed by some ancient gas in a lab in Atlantis and became super smart and learned how to build drones and ZPM's.

And yes, I thought of it before that episode was aired or even known about.

Vala,

Comment

Sobol should have scuttled the ship.

As master & commander (Sobol not me) of a military vessel you do not take the chance that your ship may fall into potential adversaries hands.

Had someone like this new threat species (the one that was bombarding alternate Atlantis) had seized the vessel then they would not only have a treasure trove of earths greatest military hardware, but that of the Asgard as well.

Ohh, did I mention that they would also have gotten their hands on the experimental inter-dimensional drive that gives them the potential to be a threat to Sobol’s native universe? If they were some how technically proficient enough to get it to actually function properly this would be an untenable situation for the multiverse at large.

Damn sloppy I say.

There is a reason why the captain is supposed to go down with the ship…

Good Ep., but bad commander.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                        *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                        DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                        DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

If Sobol did that, there would be no episode

I think also rodney said that if you blew up the core it would destroy the solar system too, maybe Sobol didn't want to obliterate the planet they were landing on.

If they sabotaged the core to fail eventually in another reality then you now leave THAT reality with a semi-functional ship that some unknown race could reverse engineer.

If they set a timer to blow up the core (and the solar system) after the ship phased out then it might have blown up in a reality where atlantis was around and people on the planet would have been killed. Maybe Sobol didn't want the posibility of being responsible for so many deaths on her head.

Granted, setting up a trap that lured curious people to their deaths also isn't good but perhapes letting the ship continue to jump was the best option.

Afterall, it gave us the episode.

Maybe, just maybe, they hoped the jumping ship would attract the attention of a reality where the inhabitants had already perfected reality shifting and that they might figure out what happened and come and rescue them. Afterall, in our own reality we helped out (on rare occasion) alternate reality travelers that asked for it.

Comment

Working...
                          X