PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else reminded of the borg?

Pogo01
August 2nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Those aliens had implants in their heads, big and tall, pale face, bald head. Maybe it's just me :cool:

The_Carpenter
August 2nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
Those aliens had implants in their heads, big and tall, pale face, bald head. Maybe it's just me :cool:
nope...... and I still don't see it, this lot looked naturally Grey and the only cybernetic bit that I recall is the glowing bit on the head :p

jelgate
August 2nd, 2008, 10:21 AM
I don't see the Borg reference either.

andromeda_dan
August 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
it was the blinky by the temple that made it borg like, but the almost sharp looking teeth and ugly wrinkly face kept it in line to the dominant Pegasus menace.

Schrodinger's Cat
August 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM
I thought they were the result of the Borg killing Michael and assimilating the hybrids.

Korean_Turtle87
August 2nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
they reminded me more of the machine beings from Andromeda, season 1, "the sum of all its parts"

A Wraith Named Bob
August 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
I can see where they look a little Borgish, but that didn't cross my mind at all when I saw them. I thought they looked good.

Amalthea
August 2nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Everyone else might be saying no, but I was thinking the Borg too. Not exactly the same, of course, but the flashing head things had me there. It was more reminiscent or inspired perhaps than identical.

prion
August 2nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah Borg with an attitude, but definite resemblance. I think they must raid local gyms for big hulking guys to play the bad guys on Stargate....

SGAtlantisP60
August 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
i was thinking that the whole time.....but they must have been like borg on staroids cause they were alot storger than regular borg... it took like 5 shots from rohon and like3 clips just to bring one of them down... there kinda like a borg-wraith interbread....

gopher65
August 2nd, 2008, 10:12 PM
I was vaguely reminded of the Borg as well. It wasn't overwhelming, but it crossed my mind when they first appeared on screen.

amconway
August 2nd, 2008, 10:37 PM
That was actually my first thought, what with the red light in the head, but then I figured that was the only 'addon'. Maybe a communication device? Ant those teeth are pure predator! Pretty nasty soldier types!

Dalario
August 2nd, 2008, 11:03 PM
Glad to see I'm not alone thinking that !

Wayston
August 3rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
this was also the first thing that crossed my mind when ronon bumped into the first

their colourness, their implant the emotionless way they act, the fact that they are fairly hard to kill... that were the similarities I guess.

I think their looks make them a cheaper version of the borg, which is not meant negative since I did liked them and would like to see more of them in SGA