If the ship stayed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the ship stayed...

Out of curiosity, if the alternate Daedalus (after McKay having fiddled around with it) ran out of energy when it re-emerged in 'our' universe, and it didn't have the hull breach, what do you believe would have happened to it?

I think they'd have taken that 'drive' out for starters. McKay and probably a few others would have fought to 'correct' it, whereas others would have no doubt said they'd somehow destroy it.

Drive aside though, what would happen to the ship? Decommission her and use her for spare parts, or recommission her under a new name? Would have been quite neat I think, if the ship stayed in our universe, and the team took advantage of her, fixed her up, then we'd have another ship to play with.

Thoughts..?
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

The ship would have been destroyed in the next episode.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
      The ship would have been destroyed in the next episode.
      This.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Don't forget we would have a new fighter to play with and also an extra PJ, just saying.
        Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Can't you guys be a little bit more original than that?
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
            Don't forget we would have a new fighter to play with and also an extra PJ, just saying.
            Oh, I forgot the alien sidearms, too.
            Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
              I think we did get an extra puddle jumper out of this. When the alien hand grenade went off, didn't McKay say something along the lines of "the puddle jumpers have been blown out"? There's no reason we wouldn't salvage it.

Comment

Originally posted by chobit View Post
                I think we did get an extra puddle jumper out of this. When the alien hand grenade went off, didn't McKay say something along the lines of "the puddle jumpers have been blown out"? There's no reason we wouldn't salvage it.
                No he said the hanger bay had decompressed, meaning they couldnt get to the Jumper as there was no air in the hanger or in the hallways leading to it
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by chobit View Post
                  and even if it did, the jumpers floated into that other reality, not ours.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                    Can't you guys be a little bit more original than that?
                    Fine, alternate Daedalus would marry the Tria, and they would live happily ever after Seriously though, aside from being destroyed or swallowed by a plot hole, I would send alternate Daedalus to Area 51, or wherever the hell the Tau'ri build their ships these days, so the universe shifting device could be extracted for further analysis, and the necessary repairs could be conducted to recommission the ship. The Russians could use one.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wonder if the alternate team from the alternate Daedalus had lived as Mc Kay contacts four lifespans. What they do when they meet their "twins"?

Comment

Daedalus 2.

No seriously, a boring name, but I bet everyone would probably call it that because it's history. Or Daedalus A or something, and then it'd just be another ship like Daedalus and Apollo that's mentioned and sometimes used in episodes. It's not like having another one will unbalance things or anything. I'm still expecting the Phoenix any day now...

Comment

They could have called it the Icarus, who was Daedalus' brother in Greek mythology.
                          Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Son, not brother.

And Alt!Daedalus will be destroyed due to entropic cascade failure.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Son, not brother.

And Alt!Daedalus will be destroyed due to entropic cascade failure.
                              Either way...
                              Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X