Am I the only one...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one...?

Am I the only one who was a bit disappointed by this episode? I mean, theoretically it should've been a blast - new enemies, new ships, great CGI, decent plot... but it all sorta fell flat.

The new enemies looked great, but their introduction seemed forced and - like the rest of the episode - very rushed. Put it this way, could the plot of the episode have worked just the same if the aliens weren't there? Yes, it could. They were extraenous and they really shouldn't have been. It was a bit of a waste, their introduction could've been much better.

What say you?

Perhaps one of the requirements of this episode was the introduction of a new enemy. The focus on the aliens' insignia seems to point to this, since we and the characters will recognize it in the future. I enjoyed TDV a great deal, so I'll leave the rest of this thread to those who did not.

Comment

I highly doubt your the only. I have yet to see a Stargate episode where someone of fandom isn't disappointed.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by illspirit View Post
        Am I the only one who was a bit disappointed by this episode? I mean, theoretically it should've been a blast - new enemies, new ships, great CGI, decent plot... but it all sorta fell flat.

The new enemies looked great, but their introduction seemed forced and - like the rest of the episode - very rushed. Put it this way, could the plot of the episode have worked just the same if the aliens weren't there? Yes, it could. They were extraenous and they really shouldn't have been. It was a bit of a waste, their introduction could've been much better.

What say you?
        I was disappointed... but only because I hyped this episode up far too much in my own head

Is still a fantastic episode though and easily the best of the season so far IMO
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I thought that the basic premise of the story had great promise, but was overall not really impressed by the episode. I was kind of bored all through it.

Comment

The show would have been much less enjoyable if the new aliens hadn't been introduced.
            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

the only reason I wasn't very disappointed is I didn't expect much from the beginning
              way back at the spoilers stage the idea seemed great but as soon as I heard it's gonna be a one-off episode I knew it would fail
              what really surprised me though was the poor execution of this episode which was even worse than I imagined
              this was honestly one of the weakest ghost ship stories I've seen.

Comment

Ah well, maybe in the near future there'll be another one like this...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

i think it was great, but it could've been better.
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

Theres is always some <mod snip....how about making your point without calling names and disparaginig the opinions of others>, who really cares the episode was good. Nothing is perfect and it could have easily been alot worse, so just enjoy it for what it is.
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 02 August 2008, 06:11 PM.

Comment

No you are not the only one. I do not mind that they introduced the enemy but I think it was handled poorly. Shep was an idiot again so at least that is a constant. Hopefully in the future he'll have to deal with Woosley tearing him a new one for poor judgement. I'm not sure if I've ever bought into Shep.

I'm glad that Ronon and Teyla has a role in this show. Ronon would be my favorite character if they let him grow.

In case you are wondering I watch SGA because I like the concept. Shep and McKay drive me insane but I still manage to enjoy the show.

Sorry if this is incoherent. Its 130 am my time and I'm exhausted.

Comment

I thought it was brill, i came up with it!

sigpic

Comment

i think it could have been better but the character bits in it were good and the effects were pretty awsome. i think bringing in the uber bad guys like that was good because now the team dont know if ther'ye ever going to bump into them in this reality

Comment

It was good. But it had a lot of filler that I found unnecessary and uninteresting. It's a good episode that could've been much better.,

Comment

Yes, I too found the episode a bit underwhelming... McKay should have dropped the baby twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X