PDA

View Full Version : Does someone have a secret ?

RedvsBlue
August 2nd, 2008, 02:08 AM
I think it is safe to say John lied when Ronon asked him if he recognized that Logo. His face expressions said it all & John responded quite fast with no hesitation

Kebab Gud
August 2nd, 2008, 03:25 AM
watch it again..

he didn't have his "i have a secret" face.. just general confusion..
besides.. when did he come across them?

NKDietrich
August 2nd, 2008, 04:45 AM
Reading too much into things, sorry.

moomin81
August 2nd, 2008, 06:12 AM
Say he is lying where could he possibly have seen them before? Bare in mind he never knew of the SG program until he went to the Antartic outpost and then Alantis. I cant see at what point during his time at Atlantis he would have met these aliens without the others knowing.

rarocks24
August 2nd, 2008, 06:16 AM
Say he is lying where could he possibly have seen them before? Bare in mind he never knew of the SG program until he went to the Antartic outpost and then Alantis. I cant see at what point during his time at Atlantis he would have met these aliens without the others knowing.

Off world mission that isn't shown on screen. Just encounter the logo, nothing else.

ussrelativity
August 2nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
Off world mission that isn't shown on screen. Just encounter the logo, nothing else.

That's always a possibility.

moomin81
August 2nd, 2008, 06:19 AM

But why would he lie about that? I dont think there is any lying going on whatsoever. I dont see why he would have met these aliens before and decided to mention nothing unless its part of some long story-arc going on.

Kebab Gud
August 2nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
watch it again.. he is generally confused.. not anything else.

rarocks24
August 2nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
But why would he lie about that? I dont think there is any lying going on whatsoever. I dont see why he would have met these aliens before and decided to mention nothing unless its part of some long story-arc going on.

Whoa, I didn't say meet the aliens, just see the logo. And that's a possibility, I didn't say he had. To be honest, I agree, I thought he was confused.

Perhaps I should have clarified.

Schrodinger's Cat
August 2nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Maybe he saw it in "The Last Man".

EternalAlteran
August 2nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
Maybe he saw it in "Last Man Standing".

What do you mean, he could have seen it as a Runner

But maybe it was just missinterpreted and the Aliens could be the new race.

marty2006
August 2nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
I think some people enjoy being intentionally thick.

Schrodinger's Cat
August 2nd, 2008, 09:06 PM
The logo looks like it could be a stargate point-of-origin glyph. Shep may have recognized it from one of his many times flying puddle jumpers through the gate.

Earthgate Ricky
August 2nd, 2008, 09:16 PM
I think it is safe to say John lied when Ronon asked him if he recognized that Logo. His face expressions said it all & John responded quite fast with no hesitation

I think that John knew about the logo in "The Last Man" but he refuse to tell until he figure out what it is.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh88/QuiltRicky18/GotLemon.jpg

perkin127
August 3rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
the tonem of his voice makes me think he was telling the truth

BubblingOverWithIdeas
August 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
What do you mean, he could have seen it as a Runner.

John was never a Runner.

I think this is one of those cases where people seize on a small moment and read an interpretation into it that was never intended, spawning a new theory that's wildly off-the-mark.

Mitchell82
August 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
John was never a Runner.

I think this is one of those cases where people seize on a small moment and read an interpretation into it that was never intended, spawning a new theory that's wildly off-the-mark.

Agreed. I didn't think Shep was being cryptic or lying when he said he hadn't seen it before.

Cryowolf
August 4th, 2008, 06:30 AM
In reality, Sheppard works for the 'Dominion" (the logo represents them.) and they are a confederacy of planets on the borders of the pegasus galaxy, living where the wraith does not wander.

He has worked for them ever since entering the future in the season 4 finale, where McKay actually communicated their location. The species that were in those warships are actually the Jem'hadar and are the warrior class of the confederacy.

Soon we will see changelings and vortas too, then eventually Cardassians, Klingons and the Breen.

SgaIsBad
August 4th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I wish the writers had half the talent to plan that out. LMAO. Joe M said they didn't talk about Carter leaving because "3 weeks had went by, and by that time they would have already talked about Carter's departure" That's some lazy ass writing Joe my boy.

Cryowolf
August 4th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I wish the writers had half the talent to plan that out. LMAO. Joe M said they didn't talk about Carter leaving because "3 weeks had went by, and by that time they would have already talked about Carter's departure" That's some lazy ass writing Joe my boy.

Lol, well Atlantis is no Babylon 5 thats for sure.

dschnell
August 4th, 2008, 11:59 AM
After watching it I agree with the majority of you, I don't think Sheppard recognizes the symbol on the alien ship. I thought it might have been that scavenger group from last season, but I don't think they had symbols on their ships.

PG15
August 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
But...they did talk about Carter leaving.

SgaIsBad
August 4th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Moms2398 writes: “First, I felt disappointed that we didn’t see any REAL reaction to the news that Carter was being replaced by Woolsey.”

JOE M: Given that this episode takes place at least 3 weeks after the events of Search and Rescue (given the time it would take for Woolsey to arrive on the Daedalus), the team would have already had these discussions.

You made me go to that dirty dirty blog of his....lame lame excuse for sloppy writing Joe.

Mitchell82
August 4th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Moms2398 writes: “First, I felt disappointed that we didn’t see any REAL reaction to the news that Carter was being replaced by Woolsey.”

JOE M: Given that this episode takes place at least 3 weeks after the events of Search and Rescue (given the time it would take for Woolsey to arrive on the Daedalus), the team would have already had these discussions.

You made me go to that dirty dirty blog of his....lame lame excuse for sloppy writing Joe.

I don't see sloppy writing they did talk about her leaving. No sense "beating a dead horse" as it were.

PG15
August 4th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I don't know what these "real discussions" are (what, were they crying that she left?), but once again, they DID talk about her leaving.

And don't be so melodramatic. :rolleyes:

Briangate78
August 4th, 2008, 03:29 PM

So let's spend 20 mins of the episode of why the team is upset or not upset at the leadership change. That would surely bore the audience. It has to be done in installments. I'm sure we have not seen the last of a Woolsey conflict. GiTM is likely going to be very awkward.

Zamboni
August 4th, 2008, 07:51 PM
That symbol looks like something out of the "Total Annihilation" / "supreme Commander" franchise...

Maybe we're seeing the precursor of CORE?

And since I read that the Asgard are making a return, that would make them ARM...

Mitchell82
August 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I don't know what these "real discussions" are (what, were they crying that she left?), but once again, they DID talk about her leaving.

And don't be so melodramatic. :rolleyes:

Who me?

PG15
August 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Never. ;)

Pic
August 7th, 2008, 10:57 AM
In reality, Sheppard works for the 'Dominion" (the logo represents them.) and they are a confederacy of planets on the borders of the pegasus galaxy, living where the wraith does not wander.

He has worked for them ever since entering the future in the season 4 finale, where McKay actually communicated their location. The species that were in those warships are actually the Jem'hadar and are the warrior class of the confederacy.

Soon we will see changelings and vortas too, then eventually Cardassians, Klingons and the Breen.

:lol:

Seriously, though?

They saw the logo on the ship that was attacking Atlantis.
Then they saw the logo on the dead guy who had obviously crashed through the hull prior to their 'jump'. That's why they'd "seen it before". You know, just before the commercial break?

Next time, do not get up to get ice cream. See what you miss. :D