alternate universes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternate universes

it's not science, it's ridiculous. is anyone else a little tired of all these droves of stories about alternate universes. They didn't even bother explaining the multiple reality scenario in Deadalus Variations -- it has become common place and uninteresting. Stargate is supposed to be about going through a stargate to other planets (or at least I thought it was)

alternate universes is proven, what do you mean? There are technically infinite universes for each action you do, exactly how it is said by ronin
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Alternate universes are not proven. It is merely a way of explaining some (but not all) quantum mechanical effects. It is the 'many worlds' interpretation of quantum mechanics and there are several other interpretations which are equally as valid.

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
        alternate universes is proven
        Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
        Alternate universes are not proven.
        I must say, I didn't think it was proven either. A theory yes, but not a fact.

What interests me, is that if all these universes are based on the theory of everything that can happen, will happen, doesn't a ship jumping through various universes COMPLETELY screw up the "what can happen, will happen" theory? You've got a ship, which (technically) shouldn't be where it is, thus intereferring with the "what can happen, will happen" rule. Yes?
        sigpic
        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
          Alternate universes are not proven. It is merely a way of explaining some (but not all) quantum mechanical effects. It is the 'many worlds' interpretation of quantum mechanics and there are several other interpretations which are equally as valid.
          Zero point energy or possibility of using this energy is not proven too. But we believe a civilization level like Ancients can do this. so, it's normal for everybody in SGA...

Alternate universes are not proven because World still don't know all of Quantum mechanical effects. We still at starting point..

In SGA or SG1, they already saw this a few times. Even, they used a mirror on another planet or a machine by Ancients...

Anyway, can we say, this machine on Deadalus is first discovery of earth in all stargate universe? First time earth did something by themselves. With a few small bugs

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
            I must say, I didn't think it was proven either. A theory yes, but not a fact.

What interests me, is that if all these universes are based on the theory of everything that can happen, will happen, doesn't a ship jumping through various universes COMPLETELY screw up the "what can happen, will happen" theory? You've got a ship, which (technically) shouldn't be where it is, thus intereferring with the "what can happen, will happen" rule. Yes?
            I thought it was for anything to happen every other possible outcome must also happen. I which case that includes a spaceship turning up from an AR.
            Originally posted by Craig Charles
            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

i liked it. i loved the episode.

Stargate is supposed to be about going through a stargate to other planets (or at least I thought it was)

what fun. 300 eppisodes covering the very same thing, with no utter variation. after 200 eppies about the gate, we wouldve covered almost all ground on that one. land gates, space gates, people using gate for religions, yada yada yada yada.

why do people honestly believe a series will remain the same for 13 years? after some time, it becomes cheesy and boring. sg1 threw in tauri ships, atlantis continues the trend and even fleshes it out more. its a natural evolution. you cant go through the gate for 13 years and not get the right stuff to build your own ship. capture a few deathgliders, alkeshes, and we even got a ha'tak. more than enough stuff to create our own ship.

Comment

exactly.

Look back into Star Trek. Its NOTHING like the modern star treks, take Voyager as an example. Its definitely different but still the fans.

We are looking at a, "you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't" for some Stargate fans. You can't make everyone happy.
                Visit my Website

Comment

stargate fans are divided. some like SGA to be a SG1 clone, others dont. personally, i like a good earth story now and then. some sg1 guys now and then. sga saved sg1 ass, and the other way round. both shows were connected from the start. we shouldnt loose that. we should embrace it, and use it, but not every eppy. so having a sg1 cameo once in a season[ 2parter counts as one], 1 or 2 earth stories per year, and a few SG1 techs or things, and im happy. shame sg1 didnt feature more SGA, though the quest for the sangraal led to atlantis aswell . stargate. as it should be

Comment

I think it's a interesting ideea, but i guess it's not a valid theory.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X