PDA

View Full Version : The New Bad Guys Will Obv. Return

DaxFlowLyfe
August 1st, 2008, 10:09 PM
Its easy to see they may have future plans for these new bad guys due to a few main things in the episode.

The easiest to notice is the costume design they spent time on wouldnt just have been for one episode not to mention their ships and guns.

What makes it kind of obvious they will return is that when they first saw the ship Sheppard noticed their (LOGO) and again on the bad guys on the ship.

I can already see them running into that logo again while exploring planets and sheppard going "oh crap"

ill put money on sheppard seeing the logo again in a future episode which will kick off another confrontation, possible story arc at the end of the season or even next season.
they put a lot of emphasis on it, and that is my guess why they did.

StayingOccupied
August 1st, 2008, 10:18 PM
I agree with you. Too much money on CG to not bring them back. Plus i want to see them back, and i'm sure most of us do.

Falcon 304
August 1st, 2008, 10:27 PM
I disagree with your first points. With the costume and ships, they could have just told the people in those respective departments to go crazy, as they only had to build one new set (the reality drive room, and even then at least 80% of that is reused). As for the guns, as someone said in the main discussion thread, they're reused from those tentacle head species dudes.

I totally agree with the logo thing though. :D

masterling
August 1st, 2008, 10:33 PM
I agree that we will be seeing them again. Possible as the “new enemy” of the PG

eviladam
August 1st, 2008, 10:33 PM
I'm not so sure. They didn't put up much of a space fight. Three shots with the asgard beam and they were all messed up. Why do we need those guys? We all ready have the wraith to set out there in space and blasted to bits.

Falcon 304
August 1st, 2008, 10:49 PM
I'm not so sure. They didn't put up much of a space fight. Three shots with the asgard beam and they were all messed up. Why do we need those guys? We all ready have the wraith to set out there in space and blasted to bits.

Much of a fight? Their ship was still INTACT after three shots. They're clearly a war-like species.

DaxFlowLyfe
August 1st, 2008, 10:57 PM
seriously lmao.

Ok when the deadalus fired once, then the apollo fired once on an ancient warship (thats first 2 shots) the ship already began to break in half.

then they fired some finishing shots.

3 shots to that alien ship and all they did was take out its main weapons.

Shan Bruce Lee
August 1st, 2008, 11:18 PM
I'd love to see them again

A Wraith Named Bob
August 2nd, 2008, 12:25 AM
I agree. They'll be back. And I definitely think that'll be a good thing.

ussrelativity
August 2nd, 2008, 12:25 AM
If anything, they are more powerful than the Wraith.

--I'm just going by what other details others have posted.

gateship777
August 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM
Bound to return :P they would of not shown us their weapons and zoomed in on that symbol on the ship and on the armour if they a one time thing.

it would make no sense to show that asgard beams can on cripple the weapons when we have seen them take out ori and replicator ships.

is it me or did the weapons they uses look like green coloured drones??

ANYWAY. we know deadalus was damaged so maybe fully powered ship could destroy there ship. but gotta say. it looked like very advance ship!

BRING THEM BACK :p love it when sooo many baddies they stressed out! they all work to their best :D

DaxFlowLyfe
August 2nd, 2008, 12:29 AM
what would be weird issss

If in that reality Micheal succeeded in getting teylas baby and thats what full hybrids look like.

i doubt and hope its not.
Not race ftw

gateship777
August 2nd, 2008, 12:33 AM

If in that reality Micheal succeeded in getting teylas baby and thats what full hybrids look like.

Not race ftw

could be! i mean we have seen bizarre things in past but... the glowing thing in the head looks more android than organic. micheal was going for a strong human with no need to feed as it was a weakness....doubt cyborgs is what he had in mind. but hay who knows

Wineblood
August 2nd, 2008, 01:19 AM
They seems pretty strong. It's implied that that fighter crashed and the pilot survived, then attacked Ronon.

Also the fact that the reality in which they were encountered seemed close to our own, they're probably out there somewhere.

gateship777
August 2nd, 2008, 01:31 AM
They seems pretty strong. It's implied that that fighter crashed and the pilot survived, then attacked Ronon.

Also the fact that the reality in which they were encountered seemed close to our own, they're probably out there somewhere.

more that a pilot. there were 4 at least on deadalus from one ship...

eviladam
August 2nd, 2008, 02:24 AM
Sure three shots took out their main weapons. What would three more shots from a fully operational Daedulus do? I'd like them more if they had shield tech or something that made me think they could really stand up to a 304 in a one on one fight.

On the other hand they'd be great off world enemies. Moving around through the stargate and pursuing whatever their evil master plan is, and putting a serious hurting on the atlantis team in a fire fight. Oh wait, we all ready have the wraith to do that too.

I guess it just depends on how they're written in futur episodes.

RedvsBlue
August 2nd, 2008, 02:26 AM
It seems like they have that machine under full control & I would not be surprised if their mission is going universe to universe destroying any Atlantis they come across ?

g.o.d
August 2nd, 2008, 02:46 AM
Sure three shots took out their main weapons. What would three more shots from a fully operational Daedulus do? I'd like them more if they had shield tech or something that made me think they could really stand up to a 304 in a one on one fight.

nobody can stand against 304

JSPuddlejumper
August 2nd, 2008, 04:51 AM
One beam hit should have crippled their weapons. Since 1 well placed beam hit would destroy a Cruiser or Aurora (takes 2). Aurora's without shields, with shields probably 3-6 shots, depending on whether or not ZPM Aurora. 7 shots destroys a Ori ship.

Meaning, these aliens are more advanced than the Wraith, their warships are better than the Ancients. While not at the level of the Ori warships.

moomin81
August 2nd, 2008, 06:09 AM
I never got the impression that they will be back tbh, I would be very surprised if they become one of the main bad guys, maybe they will feature again but I doubt they are going to become anything like the Replicators or Wraith. They didnt seem all that much stronger, their fighters got taken out pretty damn easily if you ask me and the ones in the Daedulus didnt last long did they? I didnt think they were anything special, I loved the episode but I would be pretty disapointed if thats the new main bad guys.

Kebab Gud
August 2nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
i belive Joe said in his blog that they want to use them again.. but have no plans as of yet

Anubis-
August 2nd, 2008, 07:09 AM
I'm just wondering, when watch the episode, are those wraith of they own reality? Who says that wraith are deveploment allways to same look and same technology?

Anubis-
August 2nd, 2008, 07:10 AM
And they hand weapon, look that we have seen that before?

Kebab Gud
August 2nd, 2008, 07:24 AM

I belive these guys had them
http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images/3/30/Tenat.jpg

DaxFlowLyfe
August 2nd, 2008, 07:28 AM
I belive these guys had them
http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images/3/30/Tenat.jpg

not that gun the new guys were using. thats new
it goes along with all their technology, green ****.

Aerilon
August 2nd, 2008, 07:36 AM
Personally, I wouldn't really want to see them again.

To have these bad guys show up again wouldn't make them as unique as they were. They were an alien species, from the Pegasus Galaxy, that were attacking Atlantis. They were specific to THAT universe. To have them show up in ours would only make them more common, and boring. Think of most other aliens we've seen. At first they're a threat and what not, and then they aren't.

They'll probably re-use the ship design or something for a later episode, for another species, but I can't say I'm too sure I actually want to see 'them' again.

BHZuliss
August 2nd, 2008, 07:50 AM
Uhh, the whole point stressed in the episode was that even though they were jumping through different realities that it was still the Pegasus galaxy. They referenced how the sun had begun to die in Last Man as an explanation for the variation that put them near the systems sun. That means that in their reality those aliens exist out there somewhere, they just havn't encountered them yet. The logo thing is what I assume they'll use to dramatically re-introduce these baddies at a later time.

Aerilon
August 2nd, 2008, 08:22 AM
If these Aliens are around in 'our' universe, then it makes sense to assume that they are not as powerful. I believe Joe has stated that they plan to introduce many more space-varing species this season, however, if these other species had any sort of power, they'd have been around fighting the Wraith.

The fact that they weren't means two things. They're either severely underpowered in 'our' universe, or, they are from another galaxy.

The_Carpenter
August 2nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
If these Aliens are around in 'our' universe, then it makes sense to assume that they are not as powerful. I believe Joe has stated that they plan to introduce many more space-varing species this season, however, if these other species had any sort of power, they'd have been around fighting the Wraith.

The fact that they weren't means two things. They're either severely underpowered in 'our' universe, or, they are from another galaxy.
Or that the Wraith can't feed on them and so left them along, and as they were bombarding AU Atlantis its safe to say they aren't friendly towards Humans.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM

They were weapon's used by the Serrakin and Hebridanian's from SG-1. The prop was later reused as a hand weapon for the Oranian smugglers such as Tenat from season 9 of SG-1. Mind you, it's possible that the Lucian Alliance stole them so might be an explanation on why they have them.

As for why these guys have them, it's because it a refused prop. Not complaining about it, just saying.

Anyway I thought it was said that these guy's only appear in this episode and don't feature again? I wouldnt mind seeing them again mind you.

Everlovin
August 2nd, 2008, 09:12 AM

Not race ftw

I had not considered that. Possibly.

I'm just wondering, when watch the episode, are those wraith of they own reality? Who says that wraith are deveploment allways to same look and same technology?

This is very similar to what I was thinking. They are the wraith of that reality.

Or, possibly worse, I'm not sure, is they are also of our reality and John and Company need to deal with them too.

rpmguitar
August 2nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
i thought we were supposed to be introduced to a new enemy in the mid season 2 parter... anyway the bad guys looked interesting, but I really hope they eventually talk.

Rickington
August 2nd, 2008, 09:38 AM
nobody can stand against 304

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Yes, the 304's now have Asgard weapons and shields, which makes them very powerful.

However, I'm not sure how well a single 304 would stand up to a ZPM-powered Ancient (not Asuran) warship.

Being said, a 304 can stand against another 304 :P (in response to what you said).

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 2nd, 2008, 09:38 AM
i thought we were supposed to be introduced to a new enemy in the mid season 2 parter... anyway the bad guys looked interesting, but I really hope they eventually talk.

From the way I understand things, one race get's introduced in Daedalus Variation's and an entirely different new alien race we see in the mid-season two parter. That's what I heard... could be wrong. Personally, I want two alien race's to come and we get to see them both. Atlantis has been alien deprived for four season's, it's the age of the aliens now!

Vala_M
August 2nd, 2008, 10:27 AM
seriously lmao.

Ok when the deadalus fired once, then the apollo fired once on an ancient warship (thats first 2 shots) the ship already began to break in half.

then they fired some finishing shots.

3 shots to that alien ship and all they did was take out its main weapons.

I think that since the ship was damaged, there was barely enough power to fire the Asgard weapons so they were weaker. We've seen many times that you can dial up or down energy weapons.

Vala,

Lord batchi ball
August 2nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
The Shep from the reality where the aliens were at said that the dedalaus was destroyed two years ago in a rep attack. Well our reality encountered the reps one year ago, at least i think. Well anyway imo they have yet to come. But soon.

Atlantis Warrior
August 2nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
I'd love to see these guys back again. Very cool looking bad guys with great weapons.

Korean_Turtle87
August 2nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
i really liked their ship. It rocked. I hope they don't last only 2 seasons (like the replicators) if they're brought back

tombombadil
August 2nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
they better return, or i will kill my pet rock! that's right! i'm threatening the life of a rock!

The_Carpenter
August 2nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
The Shep from the reality where the aliens were at said that the dedalaus was destroyed two years ago in a rep attack. Well our reality encountered the reps one year ago, at least i think. Well anyway imo they have yet to come. But soon.
We encountered them in Season Three so two years ago :)..... plus theres the six month period that The Return takes place over :p

And with an AU perhaps some Milkyway Replicators survived the events of Reckoning/Threads and the Daedalus was lost in an engagement with them.

Icarium
August 2nd, 2008, 01:40 PM

The Wraith also seemed strong, with regeneration abilities and so on... It was so difficult to kill them. If we see those guys again, I hope they won't be gradually weakened the way the Wraith were, just because it's suitable for the writers :S

Icarium

The_Carpenter
August 2nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
The Wraith also seemed strong, with regeneration abilities and so on... It was so difficult to kill them. If we see those guys again, I hope they won't be gradually weakened the way the Wraith were, just because it's suitable for the writers :S

Icarium
true enough, but the wraith have a reasonable (IMO) reason for being weaker... theres now less food to go around and as their regenerative abilities are linked to how long ago they fed....

Lord batchi ball
August 2nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
We encountered them in Season Three so two years ago :)..... plus theres the six month period that The Return takes place over :p

And with an AU perhaps some Milkyway Replicators survived the events of Reckoning/Threads and the Daedalus was lost in an engagement with them.

Yeah I know about that three years ago. But the Dedy really didn't start fighting the reps until lifeline( last years two part season opener). So unless they never destroyed the first batch of war ships or they stayed under that beam weapon too long. But those were just a year ago? I guess you can't make sense of somthing when all you have is the end result.

The_Carpenter
August 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah I know about that three years ago. But the Dedy really didn't start fighting the reps until lifeline( last years two part season opener). So unless they never destroyed the first batch of war ships or they stayed under that beam weapon too long. But those were just a year ago? I guess you can't make sense of somthing when all you have is the end result.

In our Universe the AU team may of dialed the Pegasus Replicator planet earlier in the time line and thus set events in motion sooner than in ours.

NIMBUS
August 2nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
imo they shouldn't return because it would suck to have enemies like that...

plus what could possibly be the reason why we are at war with them?
territories - no cuz they are new.
we are a threat to them - yea right, how?
some stupid reason - that would be extremely lame.
they like to kill ppl for fun and we just can't let that happen - bull ****.
they are just evil - no one is just evil(even goa'uld, they just feel 'cooler' and want to show that).
we are their food - ...we have wraith for that.

i can't think of anything what they could be so pissed about that they would come to Atlantis to try to destroy it...

they could return as a friendly race. and now more i think if it - i think they will. imo they will turn out to be a friendly race and Sheppard will be surprised about that and wont trust them right up til the end when they will cross us (little prediction :D )

The_Carpenter
August 2nd, 2008, 02:42 PM

they are just evil - no one is just evil(even goa'uld, they just feel 'cooler' and want to show that).

i can't think of anything what they could be so pissed about that they would come to Atlantis to try to destroy it...

they could return as a friendly race. and now more i think if it - i think they will. imo they will turn out to be a friendly race and Sheppard will be surprised about that and wont trust them right up til the end when they will cross us (little prediction :D )
well we know nothing about them other than the fact that they are attacking Atlantis in a AU....

perhaps they dislike anyone trespassing on their worlds yet use the gates for quick transport...

Insaneboy
August 2nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Would be awful if they are from this galaxy though...
They seemed quite powerful (almost taking out Atlantis with one ship and all (yeah that Atlantis probably didnt have ZPM, but still...)), but my point is the Wraith have been ruling the galaxy for quite a while, they would've noticed badass borg-like ship-having baddies.
On the other hand... they didnt have shields!!! What's with the pegasus galaxy and shield-hating??
Which leads me to believe that our guys can beam nukes on their ships and blow them away. Until the wraith share some know-how, that is...

kt22
August 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Maybe they're the mysterious enemy that was supposed to be in that Stargate Alliance video game

jringo718
August 2nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
I wanted add a few of my observations and why I think that they will return.

Who is to say that there weren't more of these guys left on the Daedalus, and that the reason the baddies got cyborg blinking things on their head is maybe they can interface with ships?

I remember Teyla asking if there is more left, and Sheppard said "im not waiting to find out". So we don't know if there were only four.

What if after Sheppard and his crew got off the Daedalus and it jumped into another AU, that the new baddies didn't take control of the Daedalus and the AU drive?

Their return could be when they figure out how to use the drive for their own purposes. We don't know how technologically advanced they are.

The symbol made it look like they were either pirates or part of an empire.

colshep
August 2nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Didn't the actors and directors say something about a new enemy that would make the wraith look weak in the pre season interviews?

There is no way they would have destroyed the Michael angle as well as spent the money and detail on these new guys for a one time thing. Glad to see it.

dem4ever_04
August 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM

I have to completely disagree, I think theres a perfect reason why we are at war with them...

Their the next version of Michaels hybrids. if given enough time for a presumably dead michael to rethink his strategy, develop whatever that strategy is while hes hiding. He could live up to the Prediction foretold by Future McKay in the Season 4 final, just under different condition. Instead of using Teylas child, the Athosian type hybrids, and wraith standard ships. He develops new hybrids, and he abandons wraith tech, for the new ship.

When I saw the new alien ships weapons fire, to me it looked like a cross between standard wraith ship weapons, and something close to an ancient drone. (remember, somehow michael stole an ancient jumper, with the tech on board he could try to develop anything. Why not a new and more advanced ship? Its not like hes on the run, everyone thinks hes dead, he could hide out, and start all over. Hes done it before...)

Amalthea
August 2nd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Maybe the Wraith can't feed on them since they appear to be partially cybernetic? This would fit since they couldn't feed on the replicators. Therefore, they could be gathering force in a little corner of Pegasus that is devoid of gates or some such thing, biding their time.

They'll for sure be back though. No sense in making a stink about that marking on their ship if they're not coming back. They're also too freaky not to bring back.

YutheGreat
August 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
True The logo the tech they put a lot of time into it. The fact that these guys are so hardy Ronnon's gun is almost ineffective to them.

However, they have a kind of Wraith feel to them. They employed tactics and strategies simillar to the Wraith.
1. Suicide darts
2. Boarding parties
3. The guy that was fighting Ronon felt like a kind of Wraith drone warrior.
4. Suicide warriors

I think these guys are a variation of Wraith evolution. Instead of going organic the Wraith decided to go technological. It is the reason why the alternate Atlantians were at war with them. They are the wraiths of that galaxy.

For now, I want to call the X-Wraith. For them to appear in our galaxy, TPTB could say they've been hiding all this time.

dem4ever_04 also has a point the cybernetic implants could be Michael's way of controlling them now that he doesn't have Torrin.

sparkygate
August 2nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
maybe these are the guys who built ronons gun?

gopher65
August 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
We don't know what happened before the Daedalus got there. For all we know, Atlantis had fired 10000 drones into that ship, and damaged them. Or maybe that Atlantis had Asgard beam weapons installed, and had fired a few. Or even unloaded their entire supply of railgun ammo into that ship. Heck, the battle might have involved more than one ship, and been going on for days. We just don't know.

DaxFlowLyfe
August 2nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
maybe these are the guys who built ronons gun?

nope. im guessing the travelers built them or traded with the people who built them, cuz they have those guns.

plus their ships fire those same red pulses

RepliVeggie
August 2nd, 2008, 10:57 PM
I want them to return as bad guys. And I want the back story to them to be that while on its trek from their home galaxy the Alterans made pit stops to check out galaxys and would leave behind some tech for whatever reason. After millions of years a species evolved and starting scavenging Ancient tech and they are now searching the universe for my Ancient tech.

Ronon's gun is from what I think is an empire that existed along side the Alterans before they left Atlantis. The Genii mention an alliance/empire type of structure from long ago.

YutheGreat
August 3rd, 2008, 02:15 AM
Ronnon's gun is traveler tech. Anybody have a theory on how they will return?

I suspect. They didn't kill them all. One of them might still be alive aboard the ship. Now they have their hands the Alternate reality drive. I like to call it the Quantum Drives. They will now come here in force.

Bobby
August 3rd, 2008, 03:35 AM
True The logo the tech they put a lot of time into it. The fact that these guys are so hardy Ronnon's gun is almost ineffective to them.

However, they have a kind of Wraith feel to them. They employed tactics and strategies simillar to the Wraith.
1. Suicide darts
2. Boarding parties
3. The guy that was fighting Ronon felt like a kind of Wraith drone warrior.
4. Suicide warriors

I think these guys are a variation of Wraith evolution. Instead of going organic the Wraith decided to go technological. It is the reason why the alternate Atlantians were at war with them. They are the wraiths of that galaxy.

For now, I want to call the X-Wraith. For them to appear in our galaxy, TPTB could say they've been hiding all this time.

dem4ever_04 also has a point the cybernetic implants could be Michael's way of controlling them now that he doesn't have Torrin.

i like the idea of the aliens being the different version of the wrath...that makes a lot of sense yet i cant see it being the real case though...great idea mate i wish i had of thought of that.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 3rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
I don't think personally they are related to the Wraith at all but could be mistaken. Anyway, I'm not sure we will see them again this season because supposedly they were a one shot alien race and another one will be coming in the mid-season episodes.

NIMBUS
August 3rd, 2008, 04:39 AM
I have to completely disagree, I think theres a perfect reason why we are at war with them...
... ... ...

you know i had that idea first(that they are michaels hybrids) when i saw the trailer of this ep. but after i saw the ep. itself i changed my mind. its not going to be the way it will turn out.

one of the main reasons is time - michael doesnt have enough time to 'upgrade' them and his tech to at least that level we saw in episode. and if they would be any weaker they would be no challenge to us

Adrius
August 3rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
If they exist in the native universe, they are probably from another galaxy.

My guess is that they are some kind of pirate/scavenger society, running around from galaxy to galaxy picking clean anything they can find. Their aggression may be fueled by nothing more than greed.

I think that would make an awesome enemy.

Also I don't WANT them to do anything but growl. I want their native language to be incomprehensible, too many aliens know English. When an alien speaks a language you know, it humanizes them. I want them to SEEM alien.

dem4ever_04
August 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
one of the main reasons is time - michael doesnt have enough time to 'upgrade' them and his tech to at least that level we saw in episode. and if they would be any weaker they would be no challenge to us

I agree Michael in our universe doesnt have enough time to make the idea happen by next weeks ep or the week after, but i do think its entirely possible thats its still michael. AFterall, that universe lost the Daedalus 2 years before in a battle with the replicators, so things in their universe could happen years before ours. Maybe the "ship" was michaels and we wont actually see it again till season 6 or 7.

Michael did after all create the original bug monsters, then the hybrids, he could have perfected the process and uses his past research to create the new warriors we saw.

As for the alien ship, aside from the weapons it didnt seem that advanced to me, i didnt notice any shields(like the wraith), the fighters looked alittle like wraith darts, with the red engine ball in the back replaced with a yellow one. And the actual ship weapons seemed like a cross between wraith weapons and ancient drones, which could be explained by the stolen jumper.

As for how he builds it, who knows, that were the writers come it. He could have already started construction, he may have a secret base, etc...

solarhelios
August 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
On the other hand... they didnt have shields!!!

probably they just didn't activate their shield becaus the AU atlantis was no threat to them
the 304 doesn't have their shields up all the time either because its use of energy

i believe they are either from another universe (hiding from the ancients AND the wrath for this many thousands of years is just ridicoulus, and elseway they would be in the database of atlantis) or micheal left his hybrids in a corner and started to build new powerful creatures. possibly combined with more ancient tech as this greenish shots look kinda like a drone

Tain
August 3rd, 2008, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't assume these guys would return just based on one episode. We have seen expensive CGI and props used for alien appearances that never showed up again. The Grace ship, the Foothold aliens and their bio armor, the Gadmeer terraforming ship and the Gadmeer themselves are just a few examples. As for the Alien logo, I think that was just to stress these are guys we have not run into before, and to show that the aliens that showed up inside the Daedalus were the same guys, and not stowaways from some previous reality the ship had been to.

wise one
August 3rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
i doubt it was micheals upgraded hybrids, he deals more with organic tech, and in last man he uses the hoffan drug to kill the wraith and hives, otherwise he wouldnt of needed to upgrade since atlantis was still around during his time of reign

whoever they are, they are alot stronger than the wraith for sure, it took ronan a few shots and sheppard emptyin his clip to bring one of those down

i think after micheal is done these enemies will appear, or maybe they were the wraith sort in that universe

GhostPoet
August 4th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I think they are a new race completely and I think they will likely end up finding the Alt. Deadaulus, reversing the technology and using it to find our Atlantis.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't assume these guys would return just based on one episode. We have seen expensive CGI and props used for alien appearances that never showed up again. The Grace ship, the Foothold aliens and their bio armor, the Gadmeer terraforming ship and the Gadmeer themselves are just a few examples. As for the Alien logo, I think that was just to stress these are guys we have not run into before, and to show that the aliens that showed up inside the Daedalus were the same guys, and not stowaways from some previous reality the ship had been to.

Not only that but as a confirmation that the alien warriors were from the alien ship due to the logo.

PG15
August 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I thought as much...

Thor94 writes: “We will see again, the uknown aliens of this episode?”

Answer: It’s unlikely we’ll see them again this season.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/august-4-2008-youre-all-monsters-more-guest-bloggers-and-todays-weird-food-purchase-of-the-day/

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 6th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I thought as much...

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/august-4-2008-youre-all-monsters-more-guest-bloggers-and-todays-weird-food-purchase-of-the-day/

I thought so to, a pity really. But hopefully, if Atlantis gets another season, we can get to see these guys again.

grime
August 6th, 2008, 09:16 AM
yeah!!

i like them as one-off bad guys.
not even sure why ... it just hilights their weird alt-ness.

also ... didn't really like the ship design...

kymeric
August 6th, 2008, 09:54 AM
All of this seasons most likely written already. Hopefully well see em in season 6!

magictrick
August 6th, 2008, 12:25 PM
They probably end up like the Retus. They have potential but will most likely never be seen again.

JohnDuh
August 8th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Its easy to see they may have future plans for these new bad guys due to a few main things in the episode.

No it isn't - but apparently it is easy to think ones opinion is fact.

The easiest to notice is the costume design they spent time on wouldnt just have been for one episode not to mention their ships and guns.

Looked like run of the mill outfit.

What makes it kind of obvious they will return is that when they first saw the ship Sheppard noticed their (LOGO) and again on the bad guys on the ship.

That's because the people who make the series assume the viewers are idiots and need to have all repeated over and over (like Peter Deluise said: First we tell them what we are going to do, then we tell them what we are doing, and then we tell them what we did) - it's not like say, "The Wire" where they expect people to pay attention to what's going on.

I can already see them running into that logo again while exploring planets and sheppard going "oh crap"

That's more than Mallozzi can. But since they do tend to reuse everything (perhaps it saves money), they might return in season 6.

PG15
August 8th, 2008, 06:06 PM
A little something from Alan M.; the writer of this episode:

4. I love the new aliens. Do you have a backstory for them yet? [...]

No backstory for the new aliens yet; however, we do have an idea for a special power they might have, should they ever come back. [...]

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/august-8-2008-with-special-guest-blogger-writersupervising-producer-alan-mccullough/

g.o.d
August 9th, 2008, 12:12 AM
well, if there's S6, I hope we'll see them again

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 9th, 2008, 04:18 AM
A little something from Alan M.; the writer of this episode:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/august-8-2008-with-special-guest-blogger-writersupervising-producer-alan-mccullough/

Very interesting, I wonder what it could be. I so hope the show gets another season now.

YutheGreat
August 11th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I suspect that these guys will appear late season 5 or early season 6 cause when 302 Shepard said Daedalus was destroyed in a battle with the replicators 2 years ago. I suspect the battle he speaks of is BAMSR. I believe the timeline of 302 Shepard is 1 year ahead what do you think.

raduzhok
August 11th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Was it my imagination or does it feel like these 'new' bad guys are along the lines of the cylons? They appeared robotic.

flameling
August 11th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I'd like to see them in case atlantis gets another season, it be interesting to see them again on a world at the edge of the Pegasus galaxy preparing to conqur it or something of the like. I don't care as long as they don't suffer the same fate as the Asurans.