PDA

View Full Version : Amazing episode. Best this season.

RepliVeggie
August 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM
I loved everything about this episode. I want to know who those aliens were that were whooping up on Atlantis. Awesome all around. The F302 v Alien Fighters scene was just sooo good. If this episode was a sign of whats to come for the rest of the season I will be greatly pleased. GJ Atlantis team.

Myles
August 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
Yes, there have been some really good 302 fight scenes so far this season.

diane23
August 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
Here here! DV was really good.. I loved Ronon getting angry at the buttons and hitting them.. very.. well.. Ronon-like. The cinematography during the F302 battle was great!
Also, loved the exchange between Shep and alternate reality Shep.
All in all, very good episode imho, I'm very excited for the rest of the season as well!

EternalAlteran
August 1st, 2008, 08:12 PM
Agreed, this episode was amazing.

Those aliens were awesome, you think you have them and then there is one more. They were also very resiliant, maybe even on a Wraith of the defiant one level.

I

A Wraith Named Bob
August 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
I thought the amount and quality of the special effects was great!

Briangate78
August 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
It took a classic theme and really made it original. It was very entertaining and it really stuck with it's roots, which is an adventurous/science fiction action/ drama series!

Lord batchi ball
August 1st, 2008, 09:27 PM
Yes one of Atlantis's best!!!

masterling
August 1st, 2008, 10:47 PM
i have to say I rather enjoyed this episode. I was rather disappointed with BT last week, this was definitely an improvement. Hopefully the rest of the season will be more like this.

General Yogi Bear
August 1st, 2008, 10:54 PM
It would of been better if the sky in one of the alternate worlds had donuts falling from the sky and an alternate Sheppard says, "Hmm, its raining again." Sorry, stole from a simpsons episode. Anyway I agree. Best ep. of the season.

PG15
August 2nd, 2008, 01:29 AM
I'd say it matches Search and Rescue; TDV has a lot of great team banter, scifi concepts, and just plain fun, while S&R had a lot of Shep and Team angst and was just "fuller", character-moments speaking. They balance each other out.

But yeah, loved that CGI near the end. I thought there was some bullet-timing with that awesome pan around the aft of the Alt!Daedalus. Just plain badass.

ussrelativity
August 2nd, 2008, 01:41 AM
I hope we can get some good screencaps soon.

blitzsnake
August 2nd, 2008, 02:20 AM
Wow! Some really impressive CGI! I loved the F-302 battle. Hopefully this was a hint of what's to come.

ussrelativity
August 2nd, 2008, 02:25 AM
Wow! Some really impressive CGI! I loved the F-302 battle. Hopefully this was a hint of what's to come.

I figure there would be some minor CG involving the Asuran ship next week, but other than that and "The Queen" perhaps, the next major vfx spectacular will be the mid-season 2-parter.

Gabi_One
August 2nd, 2008, 03:18 AM
"Easy Chewie , those buttons are your friend" :)) that was a funny line :))

blitzsnake
August 2nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
I did have on grudge against the CGI. It all was too grey. Colors do exist in space. Why is everything grey?

Atlantis Warrior
August 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
I loved Ronon getting angry at the buttons and hitting them.. very.. well.. Ronon-like.

I laughed so hard when I saw that. Then I laughed even harder when he started yelling at Shep.

HotOne
August 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
i have to say I rather enjoyed this episode. I was rather disappointed with BT last week, this was definitely an improvement. Hopefully the rest of the season will be more like this.

I agree. Search and Rescue was ok but I thought the two episodes after that were some of the worst I've seen. This one was a huge improvement.

Lewisco
August 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM
Yeah, one of Atlantis' best i'd say. Its been a while since it was just the team on an adventure. very good episode. Ronon getting angry and whacking the controls was great, "easy chewie" made me LOL. the 302's vs alien crafts was great CGI, i hope we see more f-302 dogfights this season. i liked how Teyla was more familiar with the ships systems, every team member kinda had a part to play. and the aliens, i wonder if they speak? or just growl. either way, they were pretty cool. it was classic stargate i think, just when they think they're out of the woods.. something worse happens and they have another probelm to deal with. best episdoe of the season so far, 10/10

Infinatus
August 2nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
I did have on grudge against the CGI. It all was too grey. Colors do exist in space. Why is everything grey?

Well I suppose they could have ships every color of the rainbow if that's what you mean, but unless it's an organic ship it generally looks better as metallic in color. :)

Crichiel
August 2nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Well I suppose they could have ships every color of the rainbow if that's what you mean, but unless it's an organic ship it generally looks better as metallic in color. :)

Not sure if this is what blitzsnake was talking about, but I was actually wondering what was going on with the CG in this one because the Daedalus looked a very monochromatic-type of grey and very....flat. It is the first time I thought that it looked really 2-dimensional. Later I thought the CG was amazing with the red giant and the alien's attack, but at the beginning when they first come up to the ship, it looked like a painting. :(

Amalthea
August 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM

Things are left to their natural colour, in this case metal colours because paint adds so much weight, it's ridiculous. For instance, they used to paint the big brown rocket on the space shuttle white for appearances sake, until they realized that it was using up extra fuel to lift all the unnecessary paint into space. For a ship the size of Daedalus, that would be a lot of heavy paint that would zap a lot of energy to move the ship through space.

AutumnDream
August 2nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
Visual effects + recycled humor = good episode.

Rock 'n' roll~!

amconway
August 2nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
Each episode this season seems to address a complaint I've had in the past and fixes it.
Here we had more character development, solid and continuous team interaction, an exciting plot... Also they gave Teyla and Ronan more to do. I've always thought that they didn't have diverse or stong enough abilities/knowledge to really be assets. Here we saw that Teyla is developing systems and technical expertise. Ronan, well sort of, expanded his weapons capabilities. Now if we can just flesh out their cultural difference from the Earth humans, we'll really have something.
I'm still waiting to see people walking (running, falling, whatever) through the gate. Crossing my fingers for next week.
They are really doing a good job this season. Kudos! :)

dschnell
August 4th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Agreed...I think of all the Atlantis episodes, I've finally found a favorite. Don't get me wrong, I like Atlantis, but this is one episode I'd watch over and over again. I can't really say why, maybe it's the AU plot line, I always enjoy AU plot lines.

GhostPoet
August 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Agreed...since season has been amazing in general. A bit darker, a bit edgier. Just fantastic all around.

Stargate marathon at my place! who's with me?

diane23
August 4th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Stargate marathon at my place! who's with me?

I'm in!! lol I got seasons 1 and 4 for my birthday, and I ordered 2 and 3 last night, so in.. *checks shipping order* 5-9 buisness days.. I'll have a marathon! :D

jelgate
August 4th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Are you paying for my airfare?:P