This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Continuum Review / Blu-Ray

Wow! Just watched the new movie Stargate Continuum on Blu-ray yesterday, and it went beyond all my expectations! It was fantastic!

First, the 1080p wide-screen clarity on Blu-ray is the way it was meant to be seen. If some of you reading this thread haven't yet experienced Blu-ray, I highly recommend you upgrade as soon as possible!

The movie plot and storyline is an excellent example of the brilliant minds of the SG writers hard at work. The story arc and action-packed scenes kept me on the edge of my feet from start to finish. Not enough can be said of the actors. This movie, with everyone we have grown to love and enjoy for more than 10 years, is beyond words. Beau Bridges' anger in making a strong point created a very tense moment for the others he was talking to (Carter, Daniel, and Mitchell) as referenced by their facial expressions. Wow! There was also a previous scene when O'Neill displayed some of the same emotional disgust and anger that was so much unlike what I have seen of him through the years. Very intense and dramatic!

This story showed for the first time what it would be like if an enemy ever got control of time travel using it to their advantage, in this case, becoming the one Supreme System Lord of the entire galaxy. Vala's acting as Quetesh showed another side of her that has never been displayed in the series. What a great surprise! And BRAVO to her acting in this component of evilness!

I am somewhat envious, being that I'm a retired Navy man, that I didn't have the luxury and privilege of being onboard the USS Alexandria that participated in the scenes in the Arctic. The cast and crew of SG Continuum were very humble when they gave sincere appreciation and recognition to these sailors who live under the sea, and ice for 8 months out of a single year. I really enjoyed the 'Special Features' on this DVD. It told a lot of the humbleness of the crew and cast. They all endured the most extreme and harshest conditions like -50 degrees for quite some time, but they seemed to really love the experience.

The way this story was written, told, and conducted exceeded my wildest dreams, and then some! I'm sure there will be a few critics, as there always has been with every movie ever released, but in my opinion, on a scale of 1 - 10, this movie was far above 10+! It is my hope that the Stargate franchise will deliver more SG movies of this caliber!

Thank you, Stargate Franchise, for another great movie!

I don't have Blu-Ray, or a big screen TV. But I also thought it was very good on my rinkey-dink DVD player on my 25" CRT TV. LOL! I agree with all that you said about the movie.

~Dave
    Last edited by ~Dave; 01 August 2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I'm getting a new computer with a Blu Ray player with a 22'' screen. I'll get it for that but it won't just be for my computer. I'm getting a new TV soon so that's what it'll be for.

I totally agree with your whole review. Thanks!

Comment

Yah it looks pretty good on blu-ray. I never did buy ark of truth because it wasn't on bluray. So I figured I'd put my money where my mouth was and bought Continuum, because I don't want to get double dipped, so I tend to stay away from dvd's these days.

Comment

Working...
        X