Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuum DVD-Bonus features? Where are they?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum DVD-Bonus features? Where are they?

SO, i bought my DVD from target and i watched it and i liked the movie well enough, being as im a big enough nerd to like it whether its the crapiest movie of all time (which is impossible since im a huge starwars fan) or not, but im kinda...well...upset over the bonus features. I dont know what your guys' boxes say but mine has an awesome gold sticker that says:

All new feature film. Available only DVD and Blue Ray. PLUS HOURS of amazing extras.

Yeah. well, i couldn't find these "HOURS" of extras. in fact looking around the internet i realzied there is under and hours worth of extras. and its not the fact that there arnet any, its more like i dont apprieciate false advertising. so did any one eles get that sticker? i mean, it IS possible i didnt click on something. but i dunno. is anyone eles a little peeved about this or anything? And I'm sincerely hoping they arnt including the "audio commentary" with these "hours" cause, those arnt really extras since most movies have them.

ok, im done. im just curious.

Originally posted by MissMonk View Post
    And I'm sincerely hoping they arnt including the "audio commentary" with these "hours" cause, those arnt really extras since most movies have them.
    Of course the audio commentary counts as an "extra". Anything that isn't a part of the actual movie counts.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
      Of course the audio commentary counts as an "extra". Anything that isn't a part of the actual movie counts.
      Took the words right out of my hands.....

It is a great thing 'misleading advertising' it's not false but very close. Misleading advertising is all over the place, you may hear on TV something like "Everything starting at One Dollar!" They obviously want you to only hear 'everything is one dollar' Or my favorite is Sony with their "Ship" numbers and never sell-through numbers.....

However I am disappointed in the extras as well. I was surprised that even the trailers to other Stargate stuff wasn't on here, not even the trailer to Continuum. Or how's aboot a Prelude like on AoT DVD.

Comment

how dissapointing. i guess all i can do is hope that inthe next few years they re-release it and add more.

Comment

Agree totally disappointing!! I don't think that the audio commentary should count as extras(I know it does technically - it shouldn't). Very misleading, the sticker was.

Comment

Originally posted by COL. YESMAR View Post
            Agree totally disappointing!! I don't think that the audio commentary should count as extras(I know it does technically - it shouldn't). Very misleading, the sticker was.
            Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Why not?
              Because it's almost standard on every movie now.
              Plus, I can't sit through it, I hate how the commentary drowns out movie.

Comment

Originally posted by COL. YESMAR View Post
                Because it's almost standard on every movie now.
                So?
                Plus, I can't sit through it, I hate how the commentary drowns out movie.
                Heh... That's kind of the point? You're not supposed to pay attention to the movie when you listen to the audio commentary.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

As I recall, audio commentary doesn't usually factor into advertising of how many hours of extras a DVD has. All of the previous 'Hours of special features!" DVDs I have bought had hours of separate features, not counting secondary audio streams on the main feature.

So I say it is a bit misleading.
                  Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                  http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Working...
                  X