This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD error?

At 1:10:32 every time I play the Continuum DVD there is this odd pause for about 2 seconds and then it plays normally, the same thing happens in "The Ark of Truth" at around 55 minutes or so. Is this happening to anyone else? I don't have any other DVD machine to play the movies in or I would have checked that out already.

I didn't bother buying a different copy of either movie as I've bought other store bought DVD's before (AND exchanged them numerous times so I just don't bother anymore unless it's a REAL error) and had this happen, and no, in all the times this has happened it has NOT being during a title or chapter ending/starting.

Vala,

Nope. Both DVDs ran smoothly for me
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Probably the layer change.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
        Probably the layer change.
        I agree with that. My expensive DVD player (which is getting a little old) starting to hiccup after the layer change. It got so bad that I couldn't watch any more. I went upstairs and got the $30 POS DVD player and it worked flawlessly. So my guess is that it's not the DVD, it's the player. Try it on another player or your PC if you can. I'll bet you don't see the problem there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
          At 1:10:32 every time I play the Continuum DVD there is this odd pause for about 2 seconds and then it plays normally, the same thing happens in "The Ark of Truth" at around 55 minutes or so. Is this happening to anyone else? I don't have any other DVD machine to play the movies in or I would have checked that out already.

I didn't bother buying a different copy of either movie as I've bought other store bought DVD's before (AND exchanged them numerous times so I just don't bother anymore unless it's a REAL error) and had this happen, and no, in all the times this has happened it has NOT being during a title or chapter ending/starting.

Vala,
          I don't remember about AOT but for Continuum I do remember such a pause(finished watching the movie a bit ago) when they're in the fighter planes, is that the scene you're referring to?
          Last edited by agentCarterfanboy; 31 July 2008, 10:46 AM. Reason: edit notification preference
          --
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by agentCarterfanboy View Post
            I don't remember about AOT but for Continuum I do remember such a pause(finished watching the movie a bit ago) when they're in the fighter planes, is that the scene you're referring to?

It was after the scene in the Washington DC bunker before it changes to Teal'c on Ba'al's ship after he discovers that Ba'al was murdered by Quetesh.

And thanks for the layer change info, that makes sense now and sounds like what was happening with me.

Vala,

Comment

Yeah, I noticed a brief pause there too.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
              The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

It was after the scene in the Washington DC bunker before it changes to Teal'c on Ba'al's ship after he discovers that Ba'al was murdered by Quetesh.

And thanks for the layer change info, that makes sense now and sounds like what was happening with me.

Vala,

Yeah, mine paused there also.

Comment

Yeah, before I knew about the layer change, those little pauses would sometimes tick me off.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Vala,
                    It's probably your player Vala_M because it paused when I watched it the first time in one DVD player and played fine when I watched it the second time in a different player.

Comment

It could be your DVD player. That happens on one of my players with all DVDs.
                      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
                        It could be your DVD player. That happens on one of my players with all DVDs.
                        Yup same here. Stupid layer change. It's not that noticable though.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

By Teal'c noticing Qe'tesh murdering Ba'al, I surmise you're refering to the second time Teal'c walks the corridor and finds Qe'tesh using her ribbon device on Ba'al? If so, I also experience a brief pause there as well.

Comment

I agree mine did act a damn fool too, we had to go out and buy another one in the middle of it cuz my friend wanted to watch it, not cool

she actually used her old dvd player and it worked fine the second one i bought
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

it's the layer change, and nothing will 'fix' it beyond a new player.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X