Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where was Sokar and ESPECIALLY Anubis in this movie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was Sokar and ESPECIALLY Anubis in this movie?

Ok I can buy that Ball could have maybe killed Sokar with his knowledge of the future after he went back in time, but there is no way he could have killed Anubis even with knowledge of the future. So how do you explain Anubis's absence?
    SG-1 Rocks!!

I think both Anubis and Sokar were banished by the system lords, and with Ba'aal knowing the events of the future, he may have made it sure that they stay banished, or even had them killed.

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
      I think both Anubis and Sokar were banished by the system lords, and with Ba'aal knowing the events of the future, he may have made it sure that they stay banished, or even had them killed.
      Sokar I can understand, but Anubis because of what he is cant be killed by any means that we know of so I cant imagine any scenario in which Baal could have killed him. In season 7 he ammassed a pretty good size army while still under banishment. The only reason he was unbanished was because he was whooping everyones butts. Then he brings un the Kull warriors. I just dont see how Baal could have prevented that.
      SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

With knowledge of the weapon at Dakara, he may have been able to kill Anubis.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
          With knowledge of the weapon at Dakara, he may have been able to kill Anubis.
          Well, there was never any evidence that the weapon on Dakara was capable of destroying Anubis. If I recall, merlins weapon was quote "the only weapon capable of destroying an ascended being".
          SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            Well, there was never any evidence that the weapon on Dakara was capable of destroying Anubis. If I recall, merlins weapon was quote "the only weapon capable of destroying an ascended being".
            Ba'al has proven to be a resourceful dude.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
              Ba'al has proven to be a resourceful dude.
              Yeah, Id agree with that, but then again, Anubis was an extraordinary dude
              SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Actually the only reason that Anubis showed up in the first place the first time around was beacause the armies of the Goa'uld were extremly weakened, and a good deal of the System Lords were now dead, including the big three at the time. Apophis, Cronus, and Heru'ur.
                So he would have had some of those displaced armies, what I believed happened.
                The other thing was that he would have no way of creating the Kull warriors because SG-1, mainly Jonas Quinn did not disocover Nigeria, and what she was doing with the symbiotes. Thus he would never be able to duplicate it.
                So in the end you have an Anubis that was weaker then he was in the Franchise, and you had a Union of System Lords that was extradinarilly strong, if not unified, under Ba'al, and Qetesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                  Actually the only reason that Anubis showed up in the first place the first time around was beacause the armies of the Goa'uld were extremly weakened, and a good deal of the System Lords were now dead, including the big three at the time. Apophis, Cronus, and Heru'ur.
                  So he would have had some of those displaced armies, what I believed happened.
                  The other thing was that he would have no way of creating the Kull warriors because SG-1, mainly Jonas Quinn did not disocover Nigeria, and what she was doing with the symbiotes. Thus he would never be able to duplicate it.
                  So in the end you have an Anubis that was weaker then he was in the Franchise, and you had a Union of System Lords that was extradinarilly strong, if not unified, under Ba'al, and Qetesh.
                  Well, you make a good point there, but that would mean that Anubis would still be out there somewhere during the events of this movie still possibly posing an eventual threat....
                  SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

I haven't seen the movie yet, yes, I suck. But I thought there was a time a machine, couldn't Bhaal have used what he knows about Anubis to kill him before he ascended?
                    "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
                    "Yes, I was there."
                    "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
                    "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
                    "No I was chus wondring"
                    "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

Well, you make a good point there, but that would mean that Anubis would still be out there somewhere during the events of this movie still possibly posing an eventual threat....
                      That is my thought exactly. If we knew one thing about him from the series was that he was the most patient of all the Goa'uld that we ever ran across, he did have a specific plan.
                      The other possibility was that Ba'al attacked Anubis before he was ready to conquer the Galaxy, and thus wiping out all of his armies and people. Anubis himself would still be alive. But he would, in this case have no power, no armies, and no way of striking back.

Comment

Originally posted by ASAKATA View Post
                        I haven't seen the movie yet, yes, I suck. But I thought there was a time a machine, couldn't Bhaal have used what he knows about Anubis to kill him before he ascended?
                        Ok now thats the best damn theory Ive heard yet. I think we might have a winner!
                        SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASAKATA View Post
                          This is not likely, when you watch the movie you will understand why.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            This is not likely, when you watch the movie you will understand why.
                            You dont think this could be a possible explanation?
                            SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

You dont think this could be a possible explanation?
                              No.
                              Spoiler:
                              As far as we know, and this could be speculation so it might not be so, I mean he could have a point. But from what we know the device monitored solar flare activity to send people back through time. He may of not been able to wait that long for a specific solar flare like that. he had only that one chance to go back in time. And besides, I think he would have had no way back for a while. I thought his line that he 'lived among us' had a lot more to do with that new time line then the one he left. He stranded himself on Earth for a few years while he waited for a ride. My theory any way. And thus an explanation of why he would not be willing to go back and kill Anubis.

Comment

Working...
                              X