X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark of Truth and Continuum Extended Edition/Director's Cut

A) It worked very well for Lord of the Rings

+

B) Who doesn't want more Stargate action?

=

C) More sales, meaning MGM wil commision more movies, and possibly make the jump to theaters.

Thoughts?
    "You know, there are things about this place I like"

"Really?" [look of realization]

"Would it mean anything if I told you I remember something else?"

"What?"

"Feelings"

"Feelings?"

"I remember feeling feelings"

"For me?"

"No, for Tor []"

cool idea but it's very unlikely imo (at least not this year)
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well, you don't want to release it right away. The point is to re-sell the movie to people that already bought it. My dad has both the original and new versions of Star Wars 4-6, just because they have a few changes and additions that don't affect the plot. Same with LotR; He bought both versions as they came out.

"What?"

"Feelings"

"Feelings?"

"For me?"

"No, for Tor []"

Comment

Dont see it happening ever unfortunatly. Stargate has a very dedicated and loyal fanbase and its the fans who get the most out of these movies.

Ark Of Truth and Continuum are mostly for the fans and therefore would not see enough sales of the rerelease of the dvd. The movies simply dont appeal to a wide enough audience to merit the costs of rereleasing extended Directors cuts of either one.

Besides how much do you think was actually left out? Scenes left out are usually done so for a reason.
        They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Traveller View Post
          Dont see it happening ever unfortunatly. Stargate has a very dedicated and loyal fanbase and its the fans who get the most out of these movies.

Ark Of Truth and Continuum are mostly for the fans and therefore would not see enough sales of the rerelease of the dvd. The movies simply dont appeal to a wide enough audience to merit the costs of rereleasing extended Directors cuts of either one.
          A) Make up your mind. Big base or not?

Besides how much do you think was actually left out? Scenes left out are usually done so for a reason.
          B) Yeah, time. Remove that limit and . . .

"What?"

"Feelings"

"Feelings?"

"For me?"

"No, for Tor []"

Comment

I agree. I'm under the impression that they are director's cuts. They don't really have to cut for time like they do in a TV show. Most of the season 10 deleted scenes revolve around intercutting within a scene, and are real minor changes. It would be a waste of time and effort to re-release them. I feel that just releasing it for the fans would simply be taking advantage of their loyal fan base, very much like releasing the special edition of the pilot will be.

Comment

I posted about having extended edition DVD's of Stargate/Atlantis since so much material is lost to editing due to the already excessive and increasing commercials. Deleted scenes is not enough, I want the content woven into the episodes.

Vala,

Comment

I would be cool to have a directors cut of the movies, but it's probably not going to happen. We could wish though!

Comment

I would go see it in the theater : )

Comment

Originally posted by shubzilla View Post
                    A) It worked very well for Lord of the Rings
                    Heh. These movies are hardly Lord of the Rings. They don't need to be extended, they're exactly as long as they're supposed to be.
                    Originally posted by shubzilla View Post
                    B) Yeah, time. Remove that limit and . . .
                    These movies were made for DVD, so there weren't really any time limits on them. If there were scenes cut from the final edit, it would be because TPTB don't want them in the movie.
                    Originally posted by ascifigirl View Post
                    I would be cool to have a directors cut of the movies, but it's probably not going to happen. We could wish though!
                    As someone else already said; the ones we already have probably are the "Director's Cuts".
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

But RCC mentioned in AoT, that what we got on DVD, can be called Director's Cut, bc shown on TV, some scenes might be left out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                        Heh. These movies are hardly Lord of the Rings. They don't need to be extended, they're exactly as long as they're supposed to be.
                        I'd agree that extending the movie would probably be detrimental. It was good at the length it was; felt 'full' (plot/character-wise). While it would be cool to see what the guys were doing for that whole year, it would also drag down the plot. Now, as a written book, you could flesh it out tremendously...

Comment

i dont think there can be a special edition, if scenes were left out it was due to actor availabilty, such as the scenes with adria, the doci and sg1 were cut, because they couldn't get Morena Baccarin for more than a day.
                          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            Now, as a written book, you could flesh it out tremendously...
                            OK, how about that idea? You probably could sell books to an audience that likes sci-fi in general, and never picked up on Stargate.

"What?"

"Feelings"

"Feelings?"

"For me?"

"No, for Tor []"

Comment

I want to see the scene which was deleted from the final cut of AoT with Vala and Teal'c after his arrival to Celestis.

Comment

Working...
                              X