This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum for slashers (spoilers)

This is a thread where the slashers can discuss all aspects of Continuum, not just the slasher one, in peace without using spoiler tags.

If you want to insult the slashers take it somewhere else.

Have fun slashers.

I'll start off by saying that even though I wasn't expecting any real ship scenes between Jack and Daniel, I was surprised by the level of slashiness in the movie. I loved the look of utter desolation on Daniel's face when he realised that his Jack didn't even know him in the changed timeline.

I found myself thinking how awlful it must have been for Daniel to be separated not only from Mitchell and Sam but from Jack. To have to face the loss of his leg without his team mates and the man he loves. I do think the whole leg thing was glossed over and much more could have been made of Daniel coming to terms with it. I would much rather have had a scene or two of Daniel learning to walk again than of Mitchell visiting the farm or of Sam shopping.

I do think that of all of them Daniel must have spent the most time agonising over whether or not to change the time line. To find that Jack was not only alive and well ,but that Charlie was also alive and Jack was presuamably still happily married to Sara must have been a huge shock. I wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall when, or indeed if, he tells Jack about his AT self.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post

I do think that of all of them Daniel must have spent the most time agonising over whether or not to change the time line. To find that Jack was not only alive and well ,but that Charlie was also alive and Jack was presuamably still happily married to Sara must have been a huge shock. I wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall when, or indeed if, he tells Jack about his AT self.
    And yet... they were still kind of "old married couple-ish" in the sub. I thought that was great. I loved the "And who are YOU?" and the looks they exchanged and then Daniel's reaction to Jack snapping at him to STOP that. I did feel bad for Daniel that that was probably the last time he'd ever see Jack if they were indeed going to live out their lives in that new timeline.

"Freaks". LOL I loved that line.

Hey, I think I MIGHT want to be a fly on the wall for that discussion...
    sigpic

Comment

Just HAD to come and add my voice in the J/D slashers thread for Continuum. Not that we were given much in the movie seeing at Ba'al's execution they kept J & D as far away from each other as physically possible and still have them in the same shot. They made sure Sam got all the angst over 'Sir's' death, but, at least it was Daniel who spoke to Jack on the sub. 'Closest thing to a best friend' obviously 'code' for love of my life *wink*

In my little world, Daniel spent a lot of time missing his Jack, and angsting over the dilemma of changing the timeline - thus effectively 'killing' Charlie again, something that Daniel wouldn't want to deliberately inflict on Jack.

Now I think when I get home from work - I shall dig out some lovely slashy early season eps on DVD and bask in the good old days *wistful sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by tayradio View Post
        And yet... they were still kind of "old married couple-ish" in the sub. I thought that was great. I loved the "And who are YOU?" and the looks they exchanged and then Daniel's reaction to Jack snapping at him to STOP that. I did feel bad for Daniel that that was probably the last time he'd ever see Jack if they were indeed going to live out their lives in that new timeline.

"Freaks". LOL I loved that line.

Hey, I think I MIGHT want to be a fly on the wall for that discussion...

I totally agree. I have always enjoyed the interaction between them best of all of the characters, the teasing vibe, the looks - just wonderful. I would have liked to have seen more of Jack on the sub, he was just like the Jack of the early seasons to me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post
          Just HAD to come and add my voice in the J/D slashers thread for Continuum. Not that we were given much in the movie seeing at Ba'al's execution they kept J & D as far away from each other as physically possible and still have them in the same shot. They made sure Sam got all the angst over 'Sir's' death, but, at least it was Daniel who spoke to Jack on the sub. 'Closest thing to a best friend' obviously 'code' for love of my life *wink*

In my little world, Daniel spent a lot of time missing his Jack, and angsting over the dilemma of changing the timeline - thus effectively 'killing' Charlie again, something that Daniel wouldn't want to deliberately inflict on Jack.

Now I think when I get home from work - I shall dig out some lovely slashy early season eps on DVD and bask in the good old days *wistful sigh*

Thanks.

I think Daniel got a bit of angst too, he looked devestated when he was kneeling at Jack's side. And yes, I'm with you 'best friend' = 'love of my life'.
          sigpic

Comment

Sigh! I hate that they keep making Mitchell the savior. he needs to go.

Comment

While we weren't given the courtesy of seeing Daniel's reaction to Jack's death, I could still see some slashy bits. The shippy ones were as usual heavy-handed and from Carter's POV, not Jack's. She can pine for him all she wants, it's Daniel who has his heart.

The sub scene was great in that you could see, given a few more hours together, they'd be annoying each other and unable to separate. Daniel would have gotten under his skin. In fact in my mind Jack kept a close eye on Daniel during that year, at least out of curiosity.

The best friend line was the best thing we've been given in years, and Jack's reaction shows just how unlikely their relationship is, and therefore how special!

Comment

Working...
              X