Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-S9 thread. For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-S9 thread. For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

OK, now here's a place for all of those that think Season 9 is a horrible idea, to express why they feel there is no hope for the show to go on.

(Mod edit - Please note this thread is ONLY for the purpose stated above. Off-Topic posts will be deleted.)
    Last edited by Madeleine; 26 March 2005, 07:06 PM.

Season 9 is going to single-handedly destroy the franchise. I can even see this negativly effecting Atlantis.

BYE
    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

If TPTB don't add a new writer or two and a cast member or two, I think s9 will be a rather rough road.

To me, they're obviously overworked and stressed trying to do two shows. Apparantly they've made it work for one season but i have doubts about it lasting for two.

I think it would benefit both franchises and shows to expand the cast and crew to accomodate Atlantis

problem is, i can't say that i see that happening. I see MGM & scifi still trying to make them do more with less and the end product will suffer because of it.

Stargate's been such a great show, it'd be too bad to see it just fade away with a 'well, it used to be good'
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree with the previously mentioned comments.

I think it's better to end with a bang than to fade away.

We'll still have Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          I agree with the previously mentioned comments.

I think it's better to end with a bang than to fade away.

The bang ended after season 8.

Unless of course you are including the banging Jack and Sam will be doing next season....

That was meant to be a joke, but it probably will happen.
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
            But for how long? If the ratings for Season 9 plummet because the lack complete of RDA, and the even further watering down of the cast (relying on only 3 main members to carry it or, worse, inventing new characters and stumbling to develop them over one season) then this will affect Atlantis in a bad way.

People watching Stargate will turn off, and won't come back at the end of the hour to watch Atlantis. Season 9 could kill Atlantis, and that's a frightful idea because Atlantis is so cool!

BYE
            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

i think if they wrap up the anubis and repilcators threads in this season there is no need for a 9th
              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Hot off the presses! Here's the summary for what's gonna happen in S9!

Sam is away for the first part of the season- on her honeymoon with Pete. Jack has become increasingly nasty and short-tempered to the point where it's affecting his work. A decision is made to reassign him someplace where he's less likely to cause major damage: the Alpha Site. A recent attack there has left them without a commander. Seems like the perfect opportunity. Jack jumps for it.

A Bureocratic Jerk is brought in as a replacement for Jack. The BJ restructures Stargate Command, starting with some of the teams. Specifically SG-1. With Sam away and Jack not around to protect them, Daniel and Teal'c get reassigned to other teams (and you thought having RDA gone would mean more "team together" time!). We get glimpses of Daniel's and Teal'c's teams. Daniel is doing well with leading his own archaeologic team, and Teal'c is doing well with his team, too. But of course, it just isn't the same.

Sam comes back and is a bit bewildered by the changes... and by the news that she's now in charge of s spankin' new SG-1. All her protests and attempts to regroup her old team are denied by the BJ. Sam grudgingly leads her new team on missions and we just start getting used to these new guys when a Horrible Accident occurs, killing half the team. If Daniel and Teal'c hadn't shown up to help out, things might have been much worse. Under building pressure from the Upper Levels, BJ allows Sam, Daniel and Teal'c to reunite as a team. But it still isn't the same as it once was, and Daniel and Teal'c both realise that having their own teams wasn't such a horrible thing, but they'd never say anything to Sam, since it seems important for her to maintain the past. And, ya know, the Glory Days WERE kinda fun...

Meanwhile, between incresing stress at work and building pressure from home, where Pete is pushing for them to start having children, Sam decides to visit Jack for advice. He's initially very cold and nasty, but then she breaks down in his arms. They have sex, which we get to see, because TPTB have no scruples left.

Sam starts visiting Jack frequently for "advice" and finding excuses to see him. This happens OFF screen, since TPTB may have no scruples, but they're also sadistic and only have four Jack eps to work with and want to squander his last ep in another way.

Daniel and Teal'c have a pretty good idea what's going on, but after initial attempts to discuss it are met with hostility, they give up and keep their mouths shut.

And now, for an interlude... Let's check out Danny's love life. Turns out he and Sarah have hooked up again. She's a little, um, messed up after her experiences, but Daniel is used to dealing with crazy, and the sex is good, so that's all that counts.

Teal'c still has his Amazon Babe (doesn't he?) or some other random alien hottie so they can make hot monkey love and have lots of broody looks and monosyllables which we're supposed to take as meaning they're in love.

Meanwhile, Pete knows what's going on with Sam and Jack, but because he's such a pathetic, stupid sod who's depsertely in love with Sam, until one day he just up and leaves, telling her it finally became too much and he needs time for himself to think.

Sam, for her part, actually manages to feel guilty for ripping Pete's guts out. In fact, she begins to realize she really does love the idiot, but it's too late now and she can find no trace of where he went.

BJ has also twigged to what's going on with Sam and Jack and even though the two of them have basically called it quits, he's bound and determined to stir up a huge controversy over it.

Daniel and Teal'c, working with their buddies from their "other" teams, uncover some startling evidence: BJ has been working for The Trust all along. And ya know how the Alpha Site suffered that crippling loss at the beginning of the season and then the disaster with Sam's team? And various other accidents which will be mentioned in passing? Turns out they all tie in to a Terrible New Threat... and to The Trust. But who cares about that?? Let's get back to the angst and the sex!

BJ escapes, but with Sam's help, Daniel, Teal'c and their cronies uncover The Trust's secret base... where they discover Pete being held hostage. Turns out his leaving Sam wasn't entirely his choice. He's been implanted with one of those mind probes and The Trust has been draining him for info. 'Cause, y'know, pillow talk about work can be dangerous. And then there's the whole Sam/Jack thing. Ya wanna know how BJ knew about it? He got it from poor Pete, who apologizes to Sam, saying he still loves her... and then he falls into a coma. Poor thing.

Finale will be a huge battle with The Trust and their Scary New Allies vs. Everyone Else. Jack actually gets to act like Jack again, and everyone gets a piece of the action, but things are very decidedly different, now, and there's still the fact that Sam's and Jack's relationship has been uncovered. That'll come back to bite them in the ass, too. But that's for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Hot off the presses! Here's the summary for what's gonna happen in S9!
                  *snip*
                  Sounds great! Maybe this belongs in the positive S9 thread!
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                    Sounds great! Maybe this belongs in the positive S9 thread!
                    Bah. This nymphomaniacal pile of tripe isn't worthy of the name Stargate... but it's probably a lot closer to what you're gonna get than the things the folks on the pro thread are hoping for.

Comment

If I thougt it was going to be good, and that tptb haven't moved on to their new baby, I'd say go for a season 9. But, I don't think that. As of now, the main point of having a season 9 seems to be for the sake of having it, and that seems a shoddy reason to do it.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Bah. This nymphomaniacal pile of tripe isn't worthy of the name Stargate... but it's probably a lot closer to what you're gonna get than the things the folks on the pro thread are hoping for.
                        And to feed off the hot new ABC shows they could rename it....
                        Stargate: Lost & Desperate SG-1

Okay, just kidding around. I'll go read the positive thread now and try and think good thoughts.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Though the "RDA in four episodes" rumor hasn't been confirmed, I think we fans ought to seriously think about what level of evolution / changes to the show we're willing to embrace. (Some of us already have, especially with the temporary loss and replacement of a regular in Season Six.)

What if RDA left, mostly or entirely? What if they added a new regular cast member to SG-1, or to command the S.G.C.? What if two regulars left and two replacements came on? The X-Files is a good example; in the last two years it became as much about Doggett and Reyes (sp) than Mulder and Scully. And Dr. Who and his sidekicks have been recast umpteen times to keep the show / franchise going.

If the setting and essential formula stays the same, would you be happy to watch the show keep going for another decade and evolve into an entirely new cast, new SG-1?

That's really the inevitability, whether it's Season Nine or beyond: Either some cast members will depart and new regulars will be added to the mix, or SG-1 will end. I myself will miss the original team when they finally call it a day (and I hope they do big movie adventures), but I'm intrigued by the idea of the same show going on with gradually-introduced fresh blood.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

If they can get good storylines, and a strong actor to bring in, then they could carry on the show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                              Though the "RDA in four episodes" rumor hasn't been confirmed, I think we fans ought to seriously think about what level of evolution / changes to the show we're willing to embrace. (Some of us already have, especially with the temporary loss and replacement of a regular in Season Six.)

What if RDA left, mostly or entirely? What if they added a new regular cast member to SG-1, or to command the S.G.C.? What if two regulars left and two replacements came on? The X-Files is a good example; in the last two years it became as much about Doggett and Reyes (sp) than Mulder and Scully. And Dr. Who and his sidekicks have been recast umpteen times to keep the show / franchise going.........................

It might be interesting but I don’t know weather I will have same feeling I use to with old cast that’s if they bring new casts members in. One suggestion would be to bring back Jonas that would be really cool but I think TPTB will go for completely new character s.
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X