PDA

View Full Version : The Pro Season 9 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

norriski
November 7th, 2004, 10:19 PM
OK, here's a place of all of us that are in favor of a season 9 to positively discuss our thoughts on a possible season 9. What are some of the positive things we think we'll see next season, what would we like to see, ect...

(Thanks to Mod. Madeleine for giving me the OK to start this thread.)

It's late and I really should be in bed, but I'll start off by saying that I'm really happy that we're going to see a season nine, I have several reasons that I'll express Monday, after I've gotten some sleep. :)

Erik Pasternak
November 7th, 2004, 10:34 PM
I'd like to see a season nine, even if that four episode deal regarding RDA is true. I like the character of Jack O'Neill, but I'll watch the show regardless. They would need to add at least one new character. They could do that either one of two ways. Assign a new CO to the SGC. Or they could add a new member to SG-1 (*cough.Jonas.cough*) and have Jack remain as CO, but have him convinently never seen, as in they recap what happened during the meeting just as SG-1 is leaving. Both have their strong points and both have there weak points. I don't know which one I prefer.

Lexx
November 7th, 2004, 10:43 PM
I too would like to see a season 9. I think that a lot of good stories can still be told, so the show should go on. As for the lack of Jack (ha!), I'm okay with it. They've been steadily weening me off of him for the past couple seasons. At this point I wouldn't mind him not even doing the four episodes he's supposedly going to do. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Jack. But seeing as how his schedule has really been affecting the show, I wouldn't be too upset over him leaving.

Anubis
November 7th, 2004, 11:23 PM
A ninth season of SG1 would be great, in all cases. However ...

The lack of RDA. This could be a problem to some however I still think a ninth season could work very well without him .. as long as his appearance on the show was still there. He's got four episodes for season nine, and perhaps they should be spread over the season as say ... guest appearances, and perhaps some good on-screen viewing of RDA in the S9 finale. :)

AT also said she'd be returning to the set in March, when her baby is due. I don't know how they'll get around this and keep AT's baby out of the picture. I could be quite a tough job indeed.

But overall, a ninth season could go down very well as long as it is approached and finished with care, and not sloppy and just thrown together. Get some good thoughts into the storyline and around all the characters and it could be all good. :)

terraatlantus
November 7th, 2004, 11:28 PM
all that really matters is the science fiction concepts. If they weave some new and innovative science fiction concepts in I'll be very pleased.

Involve the Ancients, explain why terrans appear so much like Ancients, explain what happend to the Furlings, just approach it from a fresh pure science fiction perspective again with some history, culture and adventure thrown in. something in the vein of the black hole episode

Madeleine
November 8th, 2004, 12:43 AM
I'm still in withdrawal from the loss of Buffy, Angel and especially Farscape. I don't want to lose my other favourite show just yet. Stargate isn't as good as it once was, but it still has enough high peaks to be worthwhile.

tara3583
November 8th, 2004, 12:44 AM
I'm very happy with the news of s9 and would be
very interested in seeing how they use RDA's 4
episode's, someone over in the Sam and Jack's
shipper thread said it would be great if tptb
were to put Jack in charge of the Alpha site and Sam already with Jack in a relationship,that would give Amanda time to at
least to get over the birth of her baby.
I think the ptb need to bring in at least one
more body as at the moment s8 is looking a little thin on the ground with both Janet and
Hammond out of the picture.
So yes all in all i'm very much looking foreward to where s9 will take us, a little side note as a fan i'm still watching so it's
still holding my interest i love all these
characters and the journey with them, i find myself moaning when Sam and Jack once again get
interupted when trying to talk "that talk" and
the banter between Jack and Daniel and Teal'c
well i can just fall over with laughter or just
gasp with heaven knows what feelings when Teal'c show's just how deap he is.
This show is far from finished and i take my
hat of to both the wonderful cast and crew:)

David85
November 8th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Can we just set up a Season 9 part of this forum because if seems that season 8 talk is over in here.

Plus how many do we really need? Can't we all ***** and moan to each other in ONE topic?

Major Fischer
November 8th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Can we just set up a Season 9 part of this forum because if seems that season 8 talk is over in here.

Plus how many do we really need? Can't we all ***** and moan to each other in ONE topic?

Actually, I believe the point is that THESE people would rather not be moaned at.

Lexx
November 8th, 2004, 08:34 AM
binkpmmc: Well, I'm not personally that good of a writer, but here a few of the things I'd like to see: find some Furlings, discover what happened to the Tollan, have a two parter where the Aschen try and invade Earth. My favorite idea is that somehow an alternate Ra comes through the Quantum Mirror and causes trouble. Again, I'm not the best idea guy so those may not sound too good. But I have confidence that the writers at Stargate could come up with some good things. Also, I think the format of SG-1 allows it to continually have the possibility of turning out great new stories. Unlike, say, Babylon 5 which was planned out from the beginning. Season 5 of that is evidence of what happens when you try to extend something that already came to it's written end (whether that be because of threats of cancellation or otherwise).

Larry
November 8th, 2004, 09:19 AM
I'm still in withdrawal from the loss of Buffy, Angel and especially Farscape. I don't want to lose my other favourite show just yet. Stargate isn't as good as it once was, but it still has enough high peaks to be worthwhile.

Ya, me too with Buffy and Angel. I never got started with Farscape, my loss I'm sure. Add to that Fox's apparant canning of Tru Calling and I'd be left without anything. As I've said before, Stargate SG-1 at 60% of what it once was (an arbitrary number, not at all saying the show is at that point) is still better than 99% of everything else out there.

norriski
November 8th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Some really good points have already been made here (and yes Major Fischer was right I started this thread because I prefered to not read through the moaning posts...you'll noice I started an Anti thread as well)

I agree with those above that have pointed out that RDA's agreement to only do 4 episodes could in a way help the show. Now don't get me wrong I love RDA and Jack just as much as the next guy and I will miss him, but while I have enjoyed S7 and S8 I will admit it seems that because of RDA's limited schedule the show has been shot in a very different matter, and at times it makes the RDA appearences seem a little token as someone said. If you have listened to the S7 commentaries on the DVD's the chopped up shooting schedule is mentioned several times.

OK, that said I do agree that the way RDA is written out or in the script is very important. What I wouldn't like to see is the writers treat it like Jack is at the base and we just don't see him for 16 out of the 20 episodes. There are so good possibilities that could explain Jacks absence. Personally I'd like to see the season primer (possibly a two parter) deal with his disaperance, then bring him back at the end of the season. We know that S8's final show spoiler hightlight to read Deals with time travel of some sort as we'll see Kalwalski again and the team is talking to a first prime Teal'c, So here's a thought maybe somehow the team minus Jack is able to get back to our present time and as the season progresses we see the team go on with their duties while always trying to find a way to fix the wrong and get Jack back to present time Hey it's just a thought.

I do agree that I'd like to see a few new characters brought into the show either are regulars or semi regulars. If we're not going to have Jack I think we'd need to see an interim CO at the base, I'd like to see a new Doctor (Yes I miss Janet) but I still think that we need to see who's in charge at the infirmary. And I would like to see someond added to the team of a sort. I'd love to see Adam Baldwin's Dixon back or a yound LT that can come in and grow and learn from the team.

Some storys I'd like to see is the Furlings explained, let's see Nick again, are all the Tollans really gone, there's alway Baal, and the other snakes we might run across...

One thing that I think may be very helpful to TPTB is if we do finially get some offical word about S9 and we know RDA's only going to be around for 4 eps then maybe the writers can sit down and be have a little more freedom when they plot out the season.

As for AT's baby, I have a feeling that we'll notice very little, showbuz is great at working around mommies....and one question, when do they actually start filming a season? It might not even have an effect at all

OK I'll shut up now, I've rambled WAY TO MUCH

sky_blue_waters
November 8th, 2004, 08:53 PM
I think you have to consider what a season 9 would mean for the crew and other secondary actors on SG-1. It would mean another year of paychecks and job security. These hard working people have to make a living too.

david2708
November 8th, 2004, 09:41 PM
A season nine with reduced eps is fine. After all, I think HBO series only do 13 eps a season.
RDA for four eps is fine. As long as they are substantive pieces and no cameos spread over 15 eps where he tells an inappropriate joke here and there.
AT pregnancy?
On Star Trek, I think The characters of Bellana(VOyager) and Kira(DS9) all had real life pregancies on the show. In the world of Scifi you can come up with all sorts of bizzare reasons why a character is pregnant. AT's TV baby doesn't HAVE to be PETE'S.
Infact, maybe she can carry a new genetically modified Asgard bub to help out with their cloning problem(have they solved that problem already?). or something.
A directive to OUTLAW earth based eps that just save budget!! If ya wanna do stories about earth, go write for the west wing or something.
OUTLAW all romance-well most.Again, go write for Days Of Our Lives, if that's ya thing.
A character MUST at least go through the GATE EVERY ep!!
Ya gotta keep the writers on their toes and make sure they don't stray like they have for the past couple of seasons.
Sheesh, i don't know if I've been awfully pro in this thread.
I AM pro season 9 if they OBEY our list of demands!!

Albion
November 13th, 2004, 08:56 AM
So what does everyone think of the new news from Michael Greenberg on the GW home page today?

Apart from trying not to get too excited at what seems to be more and stronger indications by the minute that a S9 is on its way in case of disappointment, I'm very curious about this whole 'travelling back in time to visit past unresolved threads' thing.

On the surface, it sounds like a terrific idea. (I really loved Julie Fortune's Sacrifice Moon SG novel, partly because it went back to the start of things). But where I could see it being done successfully in a book, I'm not sure how they'd do it on screen.

The actors are all much older for one thing. I think it would be tough to make them look the way they did then. And without Jack it would be even harder.

Unless, of course, this is a spin off from the end of S8, with the present team left in the past at the end of Mobius and the first half, say, of S9 devoted to them stuck in the past. But then that would be weird to pull off, I think. Especially as Carter was so hot not to do anything to change the past in 1969. And it wouldn't be much fun just visiting and watching past events unfolding and doing nothing. Then there's the ramifications of changing the past...would you wipe out the events of favourite early season episodes...and I think I've suddenly lost the will to live trying to figure it out. :D

Oh well...it all sounds fascinating and I'm crossing my fingers we get there, however they'd work it.

Would be interested to hear what others think of this development though.

Oh and come on, you pro-9ers!! I was dismayed to see the anti thread still at the top of the front page of this folder and that I had to come all the way back to page four to find this one!!! Let's not give TPTB the impression that there's more fans NOT wanting S9 than are. Get posting, guys! Give them a reason to get out that chequebook. :p

Albion :)

Madeleine
November 13th, 2004, 09:40 AM
I reckon it's because all the reasons we want to see a s9 are pretty much the same as the reasons we love the show at all, and we already post them in other threads left right and centre. Reasons why not to do a s9 are much more specific to the thread itself, and so would naturally congregate in that thread rather than scatter across the board. Or perhaps I'm just desperately trying to find an excuse...

Anyway I'm glad to read MG's comments. MS's story sounds good (well, I liked Crystal Skull so I'm enthused about a sequel to it) and I'd love to see another of CJ's eps.

Sam_o_Neill
November 13th, 2004, 10:35 AM
I think that Season 9 is becoming a very real possibility..they already know how many eps RDA would be in which means they have sorted out a schedule for him or at least talked to him about it and Michael Greenburg keeps mentioning it at various con's saying it would be crazy to finish now and all that.

I have to admit when I first heard about Season 9 I was a bit skeptical and I thought that Staragte should finsh at the end of season 8 but now i'm feeling pretty positive about it all and I don't think I would mind having a season 9 even with RDA only being in 4 episodes.
The only thing that needs to happen in Season 8 for me to really enjoy season 9 would be Sam and Jack getting together. With Jack only being in 4 episodes of Season 9 I think that the only valid reason TPTB could come up with is Jack retiring and it would work well as we could hear about Jack when he isn't in an episode from Sam. She could just mention him on occaision to give us all a reminder of Jack while he isn;t there....

I know this wouldn't not be everyone's idea of a perfect season 9 but I think that is the way it would work well...we have a reason for Jack only being there for 4 eps and we would still get to hear about what he's up to.

Livi2Jack
November 13th, 2004, 11:04 AM
No compromise. I want it all....lots of JACK...and 22 eps. There I said it. RDA got game. I would watch him read the phone book.

Jonisa
November 13th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Well, I'll join in on the pro Season 9 brigade.

I found Michael Greenburg's comments interesting, and while I'm not exactly sure how they'd pull off going back to the past, I'd definitely give it a try. I've been wanting to see the return of Nick Ballard and the giiiiaaaannnnt aaaaalllllliens ever since I saw Crystal Skull. :p

As far as lack o' Jack, like that hasn't been happening for the past two years. I give RDA credit for hanging around longer than it seems he has even wanted to. Changing the schedule to put lots of Jack in only a few episodes instead of little bits of Jack in lots of episodes seems to me a better way to utilize his time and also gives another season to those viewers who want to see the stories of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c continue.

I think it would also free up the writers who won't have to write around RDA's appearances. I'm not saying that would be a guarantee of quality, but I really do think it would open up more story opportunities. And frankly, for me, the lack of Jack isn't a dealbreaker. I like the character, but he isn't the reason I watch the show.

So yep, I'm interested in a Season 9, should they decide to go in that direction. Can't wait to see how all this plays out.

Lord Zedd
November 13th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Hi I heard the news in another thread.There was an URL to a German site and I read it and translated it for people so that they could read it.I'm glad there is going to be a 9th season.This give the TPTB a chance to reveil and close some open stories like the Aschen or so.I hope we get to see Anubis again.:D

gatebee
November 13th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Explains alot why not alot " off world " missions with the gate broken. Very hard to leave your home if you cannot open your door. :D :D

Sam_o_Neill
November 13th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Explains alot why not alot " off world " missions with the gate broken. Very hard to leave your home if you cannot open your door. :D :D
lol, yeah it does! Now we know why they made episodes like Convenant and others where we didn't see the gate! I'm glad its fixed now, we couldn't be doing with a broken Stargate! :P Especially if there is going to be a Season 9.

kiwigater
November 13th, 2004, 02:51 PM
um, except that it's a fictional home with a fictional door. Having the stargate prop broken is no excuse not to go off-world (well, IMHO :p). There is a gazillion shots of the stargate spinning from 8 seasons worth of episodes, and we don't HAVE to see the chevrons, all they have to do it show us the PoO locking (from any previous ep) and the gate opening is an effect anyway!
*cough*
Anyhow, I'm pro s9, but a little unsure about it. I'll watch any version they put out, and my hope is that not having to work around RDA's constraints will free the writers/directors up to come up with some AWESOME eps :D As someone pointed out, Daniel was only in 4 eps or so in s6, and it felt like he was there a LOT :D They clearly need to start bringing in new characters, or ramping up the presence of previously seen ones, we've lost too many central characters in the last couple of seasons, they need more to work with.

norriski
November 13th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Yeah - we're back on the front page...

I am very happy that it seems like S9 is becoming more and more of a reality (but I am still waiting for that official word before breaking out the cake to celebrate)...

Anyways, I wanted to response or give my opinion of what Michael Greenburg said about returning to the past for S9. It seem that there are quite a few people taking that to mean the the S9 would be set in the past and I personally don't think that is what MG way saying....Now I know that we know that the season ender deals with (spoiler highlight to read) time travel and the team will be going back in time or in a AR or something to when Teal'c is still a 1st prime and Ra is still around but I don't take that to mean that the next season is going to playout in that time line...I could be wrong but I think what MG was trying to say is that there are plenty of stories left out there to be told. There are plenty of story archs that could be expanded on or tied up to last one, two or even three more seasons. Like he mentioned Nick Ballard, The Furlings and others....it's what alot of us in fandom have been asking for...if I sat and thought about it I bet I could come up with at least half a season of ep's that I'd want to see that I don't think would be recycling old ideas it would be continuing a story that didn't have and ending in the first place...let's see...I already mentioned Nick and the Fulings, what about the Asgards Cloning issues, are the Tollen really all gone, how are the Nox doing we haven't seen them since what season 3, What ever happend to Charlie and his joining the Tok'ra, that said what ever happen to the Re'to (sp?), what about those foothold aliens, let's see what's happening with Cassie, I'd always like to see more Baal shows he's such a great bad guy,....OK I could go one but I'll stop now. But my main point in this is that I don't think it's necessary for the season to take place in the past to revisit these things, let's see what's going on now....

southside97
November 14th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Yes, I vote for more of stargate, whether it be the 9th season, or 10th or even 11th. That sounds crazy but the more, the better. But they should keep in mind to have better story to keep its viewer attracted to the show.

Well, a show without Richard Dean Anderson will be hard to get its viewer. I watched stargate because of him and his character Jack. So lets see what happens from now. Only time will tell.

I personally want more stories on the stargate itself, story on the history of the Ancients (besides being builders of the stargate), and the 9th chevron's function. More on the furlings, and more action and fighting!

Madeleine
November 14th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Well, a show without Richard Dean Anderson will be hard to get its viewer.

I'm not so sure. No one had heard of him in the UK before he was in Stargate and yet Stargate has a pretty healthy audience here.

Wass
November 14th, 2004, 06:20 AM
That’s a good point Mrs MW, we in the UK had never heard of the RDA before stargate (well I certainly didn’t). I would imagine not many people out side US have heard of RDA before stargate so chance of losing viewers due to RDA leaving or appearing in few episodes is very small.

Madeleine
November 15th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Hooooorraaaaaay!

sueKay
November 15th, 2004, 08:15 AM
I'm still undecided as to wether I'd like a season nine.

My main problem is RDA only being in four episodes, as I think we need more than three people to keep the show going.

Jack's also my favourite character, and I'd miss him and his jokes.

There are also merits.

We may get to see what happens in several sub-plots and arcs that haven't been tied up.

The Nox
The Furlings
The Aschen
The Reetou

to name a few

Another idea would be to have Michael Welsch back for one or two episodes as mini Jack. His portrayal of the character is spot on, and as nice as RDA is to look at (oops - wrong thread) I'm mainly interested in the charater. I'd love to see how *MJ* (Mini Jack) has handles being in high school, so there is potential character growth there, without RDA.

All in all, I think the show will suffer a little, as I have a nagging suspicion that a chunk of the fan base from the earlier seasons won't enjoy it as much. On the other hand, the whole franchise is picking up speed, and is picking up a whole new set of fans (I'm one of them). There is also a lot of new merchandise, which is encouraging to others. I know a lot of sci fi collectors who won't give Stargate a look in as they measure a show's popularity on how much paraphinalia (sp?) they can find related to it.

I'm done babbling

ding away :S

Suz

tara3583
November 15th, 2004, 09:05 AM
I'm a little sad about RDA i only 4 episodes but as long as he's got a good story line i would be happy with that.
Add some new blood into the mix and the show is
moving on and upwards, i've always felt this show could become one of the great scifi shows
ever because it was not afaid of change:)

jantreeuk1
November 15th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Like it or not it's happening see other threads or go to SCI-FI and check out What's New.
jan t

sueKay
November 15th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Like it or not it's happening see other threads or go to SCI-FI and check out What's New.
jan t

Here's the link to the press release.

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/press/press_05.html

Icemancmd
November 16th, 2004, 09:57 AM
I know there are threads here about season 9 but i think this should be the: "YOUVE MADE MY DAY SCI-FI!" Thread! When i just read they renewed SG-1 for season 9 i jumped outta my seat. Every ep i was watching this season was depressing because i was thinking..well ep closer to the end of SG-1. But NOT ANYMORE!

Who is with me...3 CHEERS FOR SCI-FI: HIP HIP HOORAY!! HIP HIP HORRAY! HIP HIP HOORRAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ShadowMaat
January 8th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Bringing this thread to the fore again so all the happy folk will stop cluttering the anti thread with pro sentiments. :P

clwaurie
January 8th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I think season 9 will be great, and although i think it will lose something if rda leaves it wont be the end of the world. After all its called stargate sg1 not stargate o'neil, but i hope the new character (farscape guy) isnt just a lame attempt to replace o'neil, like jonas was with daniel jackson.

Liv
January 8th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Now, this is absolutely, positively the PRO thread of season 9, is it not? *looks carefully at thread title* No words gone missing or tricking me and such? Good. :p

So, things I'm looking forward to in season 9:

- Ben Browder, Ben Browder and what do you know, more Ben Browder. ;)

- New writers being brought in to add a fresher perspective to things.

- The possibility of tying up loose storylines. Hopefully.

- Changing things up a bit. If RDA's gonna have no, or less to no screen time, then it should be interesting to see how that new dynamic comes into play.

- Bottomline: I'm not really ready to let it go just yet. I have Atlantis. I LOVE Atlantis, but the possibility of some crossovers between the two shows would be lots of fun to see, and season 9 allows for that. (No Goa'uld though. Except for Ba'al, but I've covered this already. :P)

So, still more YAY than NAY. :D

whisper99
January 8th, 2005, 02:21 PM
I'm very hopeful about S9.
I'm hoping for some great story lines.
I'm hoping for loose ends to be tied up in S9.
I'm hoping for Daniel to be tied up in S9...oh, wait...didn't mean to say that. *Ahem.*
I'm hoping for the return of the GIANT ALIENS & Daniel's grandfather and to finally, finally know what kind of childhood Daniel really had.

Oh and uh, I'm _really_ looking forward to seeing Col. M&M and whatever new bad guy(s) they're planning on throwing at the team.
I'm hopeful I'll see alot of Col. M&M...in nice tight black muscle shirts. Along with Daniel...wearing no shirt...working out...yeah...in the gym...with Teal'c...ah...yes, I'm very much looking forward to S9. :)

Madeleine
January 8th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Now, this is absolutely, positively the PRO thread of season 9, is it not? *looks carefully at thread title* No words gone missing or tricking me and such? Good. :p

Mwahahaaaa! I have two stolen 'possible's and a nice pair of parenthesis stashed away in my secret lair :D

Does anyone know when filming starts?

IMForeman
January 8th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about Season 9. Before Atlantis launched, I would have been very skeptical about Stargate without O'Neill. With Atlantis, however, I think the production staff have shown that the Stargate concept is extensible to new casts, and that they can make entertaining TV with new directions work. Will Season 9 be SG-1 as we know it... No. Might it be good, enjoyable, well made television... maybe. We just have to wait and see. The things we do know:

1.) We still have a staff of good writers.
2.) We still have a staff of good directors
3.) We still have a staff of good producers.
4.) We still have Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, and Amanda Tapping (missing only 5 episodes).
5.) We have Ben Browder, a great, very commited actor coming into the mix.

I can only think these are good things. I will miss Richard Dean Anderson, but he couldn't play O'Neill forever... he has a daughter to raise, and she lives in LA. Try as I might, I cannot justify taking a little girl's father away from her for my entertainment. I miss Don Davis. He brought a sense of authority and humanity to the mix that I miss. These are all valid things to be upset about... but I still think they can put together a good show.

-IMF

ApophisLives
January 9th, 2005, 01:42 AM
You ever get done reading a book or watching a movie, and instead of "ah, that was entertaining" you feel a distinct sense of disappointment that it's over? The only time I've gotten that so far is reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and I'm almost certain I'll get the same feeling when SG-1 calls it quits.

I'm optimistic about season 9...if only for the reason that I tend to enjoy all the seasons and episodes. Sure, some are better than others, but I just like watching the show. I've grown to really like the characters and actors, and just seeing them together doing stuff is entertaining to me.

Some episodes people say they hate (Grace, Wormhole X-treme, etc.) are some of my favorites.

I can definitely see the points people have when they describe why they don't like an episode, but I guess I just think it's not going to be around forever, so I'll just enjoy it while it lasts. I'll be sad to see Jack go, but there's still a lot left to enjoy. Bring it on!

tara3583
January 9th, 2005, 02:56 AM
I'm looking foreward to s9, yes there are alot of changes coming some of which i'm a little uneasy about like having another col on the team and what happens about Sam but tptb have produced some really good stories so i'll just hold my breath and wait and see what happens:)

I have to add that this show has never ceased to amaze me in keeping me hooked week after week and here we are s9 on us and some brand new characters to follow and get to know and see what's in store for Sam,Daniel,Teal'c and hopefully Jack.

Kalliope
January 9th, 2005, 03:05 AM

The loss of Farscape? What are you talking about? "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars" miniseries DVD is coming out on January 18th in USA/Canada and on February 14th in UK with a HUUUGE amount of extras, especially UK edition, Brian Henson officialy invited everybody to the theatres some time in the future during Farscape Con in Burbank last year (November), so we know that they're seriously thinking about big screen movie :D
ADV Films in USA started releasing brilliant new "Farscape" edition - "Starburst edition" with a lot of COMPLETELY NEW episode commentaries by Claudia Black, Ben Browder, show's creater/writer Rockne O'Bannon and writer/exec.prod. David Kemper (who also wrote one of SG-1 eps in the past). Vol. 1 is out now and vol. 2 will be released on Jan. 18th. Buy it yourself and recommend it to your friends!

Kalliope
January 9th, 2005, 03:07 AM
I can hardly wait for the next Vala and Daniel's meeting :)

Jonisa
January 9th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Personally, I can't wait for Season 9. In some ways, I'm looking forward to it more than I am the end of this season. Also, I haven't been able to make myself care about Atlantis, so this means that next year I'll still have a Stargate to watch.

Part of the reason, for me, is that I've never understood the Jack worship (or worship of any character, for that matter). He's a great character, but all of the SG team are interesting characters. I guess he's never been the end-all-be-all of the show for me, and I think the show can go on without him. Perhaps it's because I came late to Stargate (mid Season 7), when RDA was already reducing his time, I don't know. So a season without Jack doesn't bother me that much.

Also, RDA isn't interested in this role anymore, and IMO it shows. He's obviously ready to move on to other things--primarily spending time with his daughter--which is perfectly understandable. While of course Jack will be missed, I personally am looking forward to a season that doesn't have to bend over backwards trying to find ways to fit a character in a show that's played by an actor who's rarely there and doesn't seem to want to be there anyway. I'd prefer Ben and Michael and Chris and Amanda, and yes Claudia, who are excited about being a part of the show and exploring their characters and the mythology.

Also, some of the storylines that I've never been particularly interested in sound like they're finally coming to a close, most notably the Jaffa stuff and the S/J ship. (I personally could care less what they do with S/J, I'm just ready for it to be over as I'm so unbelievably tired and bored with the entire thing.) I like the idea of exploring some of the things that have been neglected--such as Daniel's grandfather and the Aschen and maybe the Reetou. The idea of a new villain sounds intriguing.

Finally, I'm excited about how Ben's new character will interact with Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam. Yep, I was a Scaper before I was a Gater. so the chance to see Ben on my TV again every week is a huge bonus. :D I think Ben is an amazing actor, I could always feel what he was going through when he was Crichton. As long as there is NO ROMANCE between Carter and Ben's character, I'm open to pretty much any dynamic. I'm intrigued by Vala, and can't wait to see Prometheus Unbound.

This is all MHO of course, and I know a lot of people disagree with me, but that's the way I feel about it. :) I think that Season 9 has the potential to be fantastic.

Fastskin
January 9th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Possible Spoilers For SG1-SGA.....
I dont know if, at the end of season 8 whether or not the Goau'ld will be totally defeated or not. Wat i personally wud like to see (if the case above is 'not'), is earth taking the fight to them. Now that we have space travel technology and asgard sheilds. I think it wud be a gd storyline to include more Prometheus/Dadeulas(if it doenst get done in at end of SGA season1). Like a strategic hit on a shipyard or something of importance to the Goau'ld, or even a rescue mission, or even a diversion so that the rebels jaffa can assault something. 1 or 2 episodes of that type of storyling would be a good addition and would be a gd way to do a couple of episodes without RDA and AT.

snakeskinner
January 9th, 2005, 05:37 AM
ok guys,
this is my first post so please bare with me.
Really glad to hear there's gonna be a season 9. Felt really bad when I heard RDA might not be in it at all. But after reading about this 4 ep deal its not as bad.
I just don't think it could be the same without RDA, he is the man.After all.
I think any season without RDA would be the last season.
This week [UK] watched the s8 ep 'its good to be king', you should have heard the cheer go up in our house when O'Neill came through the gate.

MACJR
January 9th, 2005, 09:28 AM
ok guys,
this is my first post so please bare with me.... I just don't think it could be the same without RDA, he is the man.After all. I think any season without RDA would be the last season.

Then again, it may prove that a newly mixed up cast can bring the show back alive again. It has been great, but slow lately. Fresh talent and a few new directions may save the show.

I see other spin-offs in the future and Stargate shows well into the future. The challenge will be to keep the show from getting too formula-ized and canned like tuna and sold to the masses, like Star Trek and Star Wars.

Some change is good even if it does hurt to say goodbye to what was. I am willing to accept change as long as I can accept the directions and principals of the writers and how well the cast work together.

Welcome from another new person to this bboard. Keep hope alive.

Madeleine
January 9th, 2005, 09:52 AM
The loss of Farscape? What are you talking about?

Farscape got cancelled a couple of years ago, and it was a real shame cos it was a super show. There's a three hour special still to come, and then it's over, gone, finished for ever. That's what I'm talking about :(

I'll be sad when Stargate comes to an end - although there won't be the bitterness that I feel for Firefly and Farscape being cancelled before their time; at least Stargate is getting a good innings.

keshou
January 9th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Personally, I can't wait for Season 9. In some ways, I'm looking forward to it more than I am the end of this season. Also, I haven't been able to make myself care about Atlantis, so this means that next year I'll still have a Stargate to watch.

Part of the reason, for me, is that I've never understood the Jack worship (or worship of any character, for that matter). He's a great character, but all of the SG team are interesting characters. I guess he's never been the end-all-be-all of the show for me, and I think the show can go on without him. Perhaps it's because I came late to Stargate (mid Season 7), when RDA was already reducing his time, I don't know. So a season without Jack doesn't bother me that much.

Also, RDA isn't interested in this role anymore, and IMO it shows. He's obviously ready to move on to other things--primarily spending time with his daughter--which is perfectly understandable. While of course Jack will be missed, I personally am looking forward to a season that doesn't have to bend over backwards trying to find ways to fit a character in a show that's played by an actor who's rarely there and doesn't seem to want to be there anyway. I'd prefer Ben and Michael and Chris and Amanda, and yes Claudia, who are excited about being a part of the show and exploring their characters and the mythology.

Also, some of the storylines that I've never been particularly interested in sound like they're finally coming to a close, most notably the Jaffa stuff and the S/J ship. (I personally could care less what they do with S/J, I'm just ready for it to be over as I'm so unbelievably tired and bored with the entire thing.) I like the idea of exploring some of the things that have been neglected--such as Daniel's grandfather and the Aschen and maybe the Reetou. The idea of a new villain sounds intriguing.

Finally, I'm excited about how Ben's new character will interact with Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam. Yep, I was a Scaper before I was a Gater. so the chance to see Ben on my TV again every week is a huge bonus. :D I think Ben is an amazing actor, I could always feel what he was going through when he was Crichton. As long as there is NO ROMANCE between Carter and Ben's character, I'm open to pretty much any dynamic. I'm intrigued by Vala, and can't wait to see Prometheus Unbound.

This is all MHO of course, and I know a lot of people disagree with me, but that's the way I feel about it. :) I think that Season 9 has the potential to be fantastic.
I've posted in the anti-S9 thread so going to give equal time to the pro-S9 thread. :D I have concerns about the writing and the storylines but I'm actually MORE optimistic about S9 since they announced the addition of Ben's new character and the guest appearanced by Claudia Black. And it's for all the reasons you stated above. I think it would have been a bigger mistake to try and go forward with just MS, CJ and AT so I'm glad they're adding some new characters. I think the new dynamics could be very exciting.

I've seen Prometheus Unbound and I like the Vala character. I know some don't but I think she's different and intriguing and I'm curious to see what they're going to do with her. And I'm a big fan of Ben Browder's. I think he has charisma and is one of the actors that was on my short list of people I'd like to see on Stargate. So, for me, this is all a big plus!

So rather than type my own stuff, I'm going to just "ditto" your post. I'm still concerned with the writing and the storylines but I'm intrigued by the possiblities. I'll be happy to see the end of the S/J storyline (I'm bored to the max ) and I'm kind of ready to see some of those other stories resolved as well.

I wish they'd either work it out or not with RDA and put it behind them. This delay can't be doing the writers who are trying to plan for S9 any favors. They start shooting in March - two months away!

I'll miss Jack. When he's the Jack of old, there's no one I'd rather have leading the team. But sadly I agree that RDA really doesn't seem interested in the part of Jack anymore - except for the odd episode here and there. Maybe it's time to see if the show can survive sans Jack.

couchpotatergater
January 9th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I'm really glad I've had a read through this thread, cos I keep getting sucked into the negative ones!
Some of the comments here have struck a strong chord with me, in that I don't want to see the end of Stargate SG1 yet; it has filled me with a sort of dread each year, for last couple, whether it'll get renewed.
I do feel it's not quite as strong as it was, but for myself, I've been watching that long it's bound to feel different, it's just so familiar now & I think that's the reason I worry about Jack not being there as he's my favourite character (that's not to say I don't like the others - except Anubis, but that's another thread!). I do agree with others who have made the point - that RDA only being in a few eps may be better that trying to cope with his reduced schedule; a couple of quality Jack eps would do for me, & leave the way clear for other stories & characters to be expanded on & given quality screen time.
Stargate is IMO a great show, it's well put together & generally well written & well acted. I have a feeling of anticipation with BB. I loved the first season of Farscape & think his look is very Stargate; I hope he'll fit in well (in GG mode, he's certainly well fit! :D :o ). There's been a lot of spec that he'll be another Crichton, but we're talking completely different show, writers, directors, so I don't think that'll happen.
I haven't seen S8 yet (poor terrestrial viewer!), but as soon as the DVDs are out I'll be on my shelf, & it'll take something drastic for that not to apply to S9 as well!
I'll be there!!! (mind you, if I keep rambling, I may well be still here! I'll shut up now ;) )

Jonisa
January 9th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I'm still concerned with the writing and the storylines but I'm intrigued by the possiblities.

You've hit on my main concern, which I didn't mention in my previous post. The writing. I've been disappointed over the past few years with a fair number of episodes (not all by any stretch of the imagination) and some of that can be attributed to the shoehorning of the Jack character, but definitely not all of it. Some were (IMO) poorly written episodes with glaring plot holes and with the the characters doing things that just seemed off to me. Or episodes that featured secondary characters I just didn't care about and that I was frankly quite bored by.

I'm hoping the writers are up to the challenge of this new dynamic. I do think it has potential to be a great year because of an intriguing cast and new setup, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

However, this is the positive, pro-season 9 thread, so until I'm shown otherwise, I'm going to be excited about the addition of Browder and Black and all of the intriguing storyline possibilities this opens up. :D

I'll miss Jack. When he's the Jack of old, there's no one I'd rather have leading the team. But sadly I agree that RDA really doesn't seem interested in the part of Jack anymore - except for the odd episode here and there. Maybe it's time to see if the show can survive sans Jack.

Nicely stated. I agree 100 percent. :)

lord-anubis
January 9th, 2005, 09:10 PM
i am a 100%.....98% sure that season 9 will be great

Kalliope
January 10th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Farscape got cancelled a couple of years ago, and it was a real shame cos it was a super show. There's a three hour special still to come, and then it's over, gone, finished for ever. That's what I'm talking about :(

Stupidly cancelled - true. Over, gone, finished for ever - COMPLETELY UNTRUE!!! Fans' campaign (more details at www.watchfarscape.com) helped bring Farscape back in the form of a "FS: The Peacekeeper Wars" miniseries and we're definitely going to get more in the future. You don't know REAL SCAPERS' power! ;) And like I've said earlier, Brian Henson is thinking about big screen "Farscape", also in one of recent TV GUIDE issues you can read: "Browder hopes his new, higher-profile series will help the cause of another Farscape project. "It's not only a good career move for me, but it could be good for the whole Farscape cast.""
So please, stop being a pesimist about "Farscape". This show will never die :)

Stargate Agent
January 12th, 2005, 06:57 AM
i am a 100%.....98% sure that season 9 will be great

Please season 8 has been one of the worst seasons in stargate history, in storyline quality!! With the cast even further limiting their involvement in season 9 what makes you think it will be any better!!!??

lord-anubis
January 12th, 2005, 10:37 AM
season 8 has been good so far and the new up comeing ep sounds great. you shoul just keep postsing in the anti season 9 thread.

Sarcazmo The Clown
January 12th, 2005, 11:03 AM
No compromise. I want it all....lots of JACK...and 22 eps. There I said it. RDA got game. I would watch him read the phone book.

Yeah... me too... but that's another thread.

I'm very excited about season 9 thus far. The new stories are intriguing and I can't wait to see how the addition of Ben Browder works out.

MagnoliaAnaglypta
January 12th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Stupidly cancelled - true. Over, gone, finished for ever - COMPLETELY UNTRUE!!! Fans' campaign (more details at www.watchfarscape.com (http://www.watchfarscape.com/)) helped bring Farscape back in the form of a "FS: The Peacekeeper Wars" miniseries and we're definitely going to get more in the future. You don't know REAL SCAPERS' power! ;) And like I've said earlier, Brian Henson is thinking about big screen "Farscape", also in one of recent TV GUIDE issues you can read: "Browder hopes his new, higher-profile series will help the cause of another Farscape project. "It's not only a good career move for me, but it could be good for the whole Farscape cast.""
So please, stop being a pesimist about "Farscape". This show will never die :)

Well there's no way that Ben can film anything related to Farscape while he's contracted to work full time on Stargate!
So if the changes to SG1 turn out to be mega succesful, that's probably the end of Farscape for the forseeable future.

keshou
January 12th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Well there's no way that Ben can film anything related to Farscape while he's contracted to work full time on Stargate!
So if the changes to SG1 turn out to be mega succesful, that's probably the end of Farscape for the forseeable future.
I disagree. Lots of stars film movies on hiatus. Ben's already made a statement in last week's TV Guide that he thinks his participation in Stargate could be good for Farscape's future prospects.

Stargate shoots from March to early October, leaving about 5 months to work on other projects. I think the miniseries was shot in less than 2 months although Ben did have to stay over and do ADR work.

I assume Kemper, et al would adjust to Ben's schedule since I can't imagine making a Farscape movie without him.

So I'm viewing BB's addition to Stargate - assuming it goes on beyond S9 - as being a positive Farscape as well as Stargate. :D

Madeleine
January 12th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Just a reminder that this is the *pro* s9 thread. There's an anti- one close by if anyone wants to tell others how rubbish they think s9 will be.

Techno Babble Space Monkey
January 12th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I would love a season nine, but with what i am hearing about season nine, first with RDA only being in 4 eps, and some of the rumours about whats happening, makes me think i won't like whats gonna happen in season nine between Sam and Pete.

aussie_gal
January 13th, 2005, 03:13 AM
and some of the rumours about whats happening, makes me think i won't like whats gonna happen in season nine between Sam and Pete.

Yeah im wondering about that as well. But im really looking forward to season9 and hopefully a season 10

Darren
January 13th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I'm really looking forward to Season Nine, Ben, and a new dynamic on the show. I guess I'm an eternal optimist -- I enjoyed Doggett and Reyes in the late years of The X-Files, too.

It's a big change for the show, and thus it's a big impact on the Stargate universe as a whole. Like Kirk being promoted to Admiral, or the Enterprise blowing up over the Genesis planet -- it's cool because it's such a drastic change to what we've come to know, love, and expect.

Now, it's up to the writers (and cast and crew) to make the stories actually good! But I think the shake-up in the formula in many ways gives them a great advantage.

aussie_gal
January 13th, 2005, 03:52 PM
^true

Vyse
January 13th, 2005, 04:30 PM
I can't wait for season 9, I think that BB will breathe some much needed fresh air back in the series.

Madeleine
January 13th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I enjoyed Doggett and Reyes in the late years of The X-Files, too.

I had begun to think I was the only one! I liked Dogget, and I thought a lot of work was put into the last two series.

I also enjoyed the Buffyverse shows, and they tended to get churned up twice a year. Change doesn't scare me :)

aussie_gal
January 14th, 2005, 02:36 AM
I can't wait for season 9, I think that BB will breathe some much needed fresh air back in the series.

yeah and hopefully keep the show going for a while

Vyse
January 14th, 2005, 11:16 AM
yeah and hopefully keep the show going for a while

Definetly, I really want SG-1 to go on longer than X-Files did. Hopefully we will get a season 10, and that will happen ;)

aussie_gal
January 14th, 2005, 04:21 PM
lets hope

Mann One
January 15th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Season nine is going to be different and until i rewatched season one the other day i can honestly say i couldn't give a damn about RDA reducing his schedule but now i think i'll miss his character but it wont effect my likeing the show for me stargate has always been about the team and the situations they get into not the individule characters.
Ben Browder judging by his acting on Farscape (which level pegs with Stargate SG-1 as my favourite show) he will be a good addition and although his character won't totally fill the gap O'Neill's abscene will leave it will plug it enough for me not to turn the tv over.
Plus Claudia Black's coming back that alone would/is enough for me to watch season nine.
I agree with most comments about the writing and hope they dont keep hanging aroung on earth all the time as that is not what Stargate SG-1 should be in my opinion i dont mind one or two eps a season based on/around earth but i want to see more alien-aliens damn it ! (i Can say damn it cant I)

Sue_Jackson
January 16th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Yes....I'm definitely looking forward to Season 9!:D I hear the stories are gonna get juicier! Plus, Ben Browder will join SG-1! :cool: Claudia Black will be back a few more episodes! I haven't even seen her in Prometheus Unbound yet (which I'm dying to see), and already looking forward to seeing her again in S9! I'm also glad to hear the Michael Shanks will be back for S9!:D Amanda Tapping will be in for 15 episodes which is good. (May God bless her and her husband on their pregnancy.:) ) I also understand RDA's choice to spend time with his family. (the guy's worked hard all his life.....he deserves family time :) ) Though, I'm not sure about Chris Judge. I haven't heard if has signed on for S9. But, he does. It would be nice to see him in S9. Also, I here we are supposed to get knew general for the SGC. I hope Lou Gossett Jr. I think he would be so cool as a general for the SGC.

:cool: :D

Dr Worm
February 17th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I haven't read any of the threads in the season 9 area, trying to stay spoiler free as much as possible. So I haven't read the anti-season 9, but I thought there should be a pro-season 9.

After season 7 and the first half of season 8 which weren't all that great (with some exceptions) it's good to see the second half of season 8. It gives me hope that season 9 could be really good. I'm looking forward to seeing SG1 season 9, 10, maybe more :eek:

OfF3nSiV3
February 17th, 2005, 05:13 PM
just the curiosity about the new enemy justifies another season!

Dr Worm
February 17th, 2005, 06:39 PM
It would also be great if TPTB bring back some old friends for a visit or two. Hopefully we can see the Nox, Jonus, and young Jake. There are still so many stories/threads to explore. Imagine seeing the inside of the Nox city. Finding out why the alliance of 4 races don't gather. I know the Ancients accended, but why don't the Asgard and Nox get together for a picnic. Just thinking out loud here....

Hatcheter
February 17th, 2005, 06:44 PM
And, of course, there's finding the Furlings. ;)

Erik Bloodaxe
February 19th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah, bring on season 9; I've thoroughly enjoyed season 8, and some of the changes next year should add another layer of freshness. :)

Plus, not only are there still many plot threads from previous years to explore (as mentioned, the Furlings), but this season itself has set up quite a lot to be explored. There's the question of "what happened to Kinsey?", "will Joe get 'drafted' since he has the Ancient gene?", "what's Vala's REAL story?", and the much more bigger question of the still unclear chunk of time of what happened w/ the Ancients after they returned to Earth. :) So, there's most certainly enough fuel left, and I'm sure the remaining episodes will raise more questions to be answered w/ a good follow-up, perhaps. :)

-Bloodaxe

smiddy.
February 20th, 2005, 06:32 AM
I wanna see what happened to oma. even though someone said that they played the ascension thing out, I'd really like to see more of it.

I want to see furlings. :P
I want to see more of the ancients (from what i've read we will too).

keshou
February 20th, 2005, 06:53 AM
I've decided to be optimistic until proven otherwise. If nothing else I'm going to be watching because I'm curious to see if they can pull this off. RDA gone, AT out for 5 episodes, introduction of several new characters, new villains, etc. That's quite a challenge.

I browsed thru the new Stargate magazine (issue 3) the other day. There was a quote from RCC that indicated MGM really stepped up to the plate (budgetwise) for S9. I hope that means lots of off-world adventures. I also have probably overly-optimistic expectations that the new (unnamed) writers will bring some creative ideas to the table.

For some reason I'm also looking forward to seeing the pics that will be coming out as production starts next week. New team photos should be right around the corner.

Could it be I'm shallow and just want to see pics of Ben Browder in his tight black shirt, fatigues, fondling his P90? Yep. :D

docker22
February 20th, 2005, 12:49 PM
i'm looking forward to season nine on the whole, i'm not sure what the dynamic is going to be like, but im willing to keep on watching. The story lines are changing which should be good. (Fingers crossed) :D

Erik Bloodaxe
February 20th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I browsed thru the new Stargate magazine (issue 3) the other day.

That's out already? I thought it wasn't coming out 'til the 24th?

There was a quote from RCC that indicated MGM really stepped up to the plate (budgetwise) for S9.

Probably because they no longer have to pay RDA such a large chunk of the casting budget. ;)

-Bloodaxe

Easter Lily
February 20th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Could it be I'm shallow and just want to see pics of Ben Browder in his tight black shirt, fatigues, fondling his P90? Yep. :D

Every little thing helps...

;)

keshou
February 20th, 2005, 06:07 PM
That's out already? I thought it wasn't coming out 'til the 24th?
I saw it in Barnes & Noble this weekend.

Every little thing helps...
When you're grasping it straws it can't hurt to grab on to the good-looking ones. :D :p

Dr Worm
February 21st, 2005, 08:17 PM
Let's see Stargate SG1 beat the record for the longest running Sci-fi show ever. The potential is there for season 9 to be one of the best seasons, plus even though season 7 and some of season 8 wasn't all that great, it was still a lot better than most of the shows on TV. With so many good shows cancelled eg. Dead like Me, John Doe (left hanging), and crap shows keep going. It's good to have SG1 for a bit longer. Also It's good to have SGA and Lost. SG1 is my favorite, with SGA close behind.

Dr Worm
February 21st, 2005, 08:39 PM
Also, let's see Young Jake, he was great :D

Wass
March 7th, 2005, 03:22 AM
I think at the moment stargate is the best sci-fi show on air so even if some people don't like it, it still has a good rating compared to other sci-fi shows.

dec55
March 7th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Frankly I can't wait till season 9 starts!!!! It has Lexa and the folks from
Farscape.....it looks so promising and exciting...... Everything I read is
excellent in the spoilers....... Next season is gonna rock!!!!

Frankly I hope they go 14 years!!!!

"As for the new doctor [played by Andromeda's Lexa Doig], her name is Carolyn Lam. She is at the top of her field -- intelligent, quick-witted, and she doesn't take guff from anyone."

This is the best news I have read yet!!!! Lexa fans rejoice!!!!! :D

I think at the moment stargate is the best sci-fi show on air so even if some people don't like it, it still has a good rating compared to other sci-fi shows.

Agreed. I think SG1 will break the record of the longest running series. It is
that good. I think 12 years is the record....Gunsmoke I think.....

But with all the stories SG1 can provide...It literally can go on for years. :D

bugchicklv
March 7th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Not sure about Gunsmoke but Law & Order (PERFECT comparison show...lost its leads SEVERAL TIMES and is doing just as well as EVER!) has been on for 12 years, and I think M.A.S.H. was on at least that long.

That being said...

I cannot WAIT for S9.

And the best part is all those people who said they won't watch it (the naysayers and trolls) WON'T BE on the Season 9 Threads TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING!!!

dec55
March 7th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Not sure about Gunsmoke but Law & Order (PERFECT comparison show...lost its leads SEVERAL TIMES and is doing just as well as EVER!) has been on for 12 years, and I think M.A.S.H. was on at least that long.

That being said...

I cannot WAIT for S9.

And the best part is all those people who said they won't watch it (the naysayers and trolls) WON'T BE on the Season 9 Threads TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING!!!

I have to admit, the anti season 9 folks have really a gloomy outlook.....pretty sad.
Where as us pro season 9 folks have lots to look forward to (Everything I have read in the spoilers looks fantastic! I hope the writers keep the quality up too!).......big contrast for sure......:D

Lord Osiris
March 8th, 2005, 02:03 AM
maybe Sokar will return but only then more powerfull

Wass
March 8th, 2005, 02:47 AM

I have to admit, the anti season 9 folks have really a gloomy outlook.....pretty sad.
Where as us pro season 9 folks have lots to look forward to (Everything I have read in the spoilers looks fantastic! I hope the writers keep the quality up too!).......big contrast for sure......

Lets not go there I don’t want to see another fight kicking off here PLEASE, they are entitled to their opinions just like we are.

What I’m looking forward to is learning more about the ancients I have feeling that they are not the original builders of stargate.

tarnsman
March 8th, 2005, 05:28 AM
It would be great if SG1 had the record for the longest Sci-fi ever, however it is up against the longest ever sci-fi show which is about to reappear on our screens again...Dr Who.

Now that would be something SG-1 running for 30 odd years :)

keppiezbt
March 8th, 2005, 06:39 AM
i cant wait for s9. i live for ancient story lines!!!! and the ori sound..interesting.

some episodes sucks (gemini!) but overall s8 was great and i cant wait for s9.

and u know what, i bet all those anti-s9 people who complain will STILL watch it!

Madeleine
March 8th, 2005, 06:49 AM
and u know what, i bet all those anti-s9 people who complain will STILL watch it!

Maybe, maybe not, it's their call. But *I* bet that all those people who complain about the anti-s9 crowd will STILL read the posts in the anti-s9 thread :rolleyes:

Can we all try to be positive about s9 in here without being negative about other fans? Thanks.

Metarock Sam
March 8th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Its gonna be a ride this season and by next season ( in the stargate lowdown thing they said they had eneough ideas if they wanted to to get to season 12)
New Baddies old faces coming back ??? New faces B.B and C.B from Farscape. Its gotta be good.

Shivan
March 8th, 2005, 06:58 AM
I am overly excited about season 9. And for many reasons. The later episodes of season 8 were fantastic. The Reckoning part 1 and 2 were as good as season finale stuff! And I'm still highly anticipating Moebius! They have definitely brought SG:1 back to where it needed to be!

I don't see how anyone can stop watching the show... Even with RDA gone. They can pull it off!

dec55
March 8th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Lets not go there I don’t want to see another fight kicking off here PLEASE, they are entitled to their opinions just like we are.

What I’m looking forward to is learning more about the ancients I have feeling that they are not the original builders of stargate.

No one wants a flame war here for sure...and yes they have the right to be
unhappy with a 9th season. I think the only way to make everyone happy
though is a good and successful season that suprises everyone. If this happens
the possibilities will be great for all SG1 fans.. :D

Wass
March 8th, 2005, 02:24 PM
No one wants a flame war here for sure...and yes they have the right to be
unhappy with a 9th season. I think the only way to make everyone happy
though is a good and successful season that suprises everyone. If this happens
the possibilities will be great for all SG1 fans.. :D
One can only hope but to be frank about it I really don’t think everyone will ever be happy with the show.

MasterPower
March 8th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I'm glad they are doing a season 9 and I'm all for a pro thread. It will be interesting to see the show w/o Jack.

dec55
March 8th, 2005, 07:07 PM
One can only hope but to be frank about it I really don’t think everyone will ever be happy with the show.

Well I agree....there will always be folks that won't be pleased about something.
But this fans is definitely happy about the new season. :)

GhostPoet
March 9th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I thinkt he people that are against Season 9 don't realize what it really means...S9 is not just another season..it's a brand new beginning for the series. It's gonna be like watching the show for the first time.

Let's look at what we have

A brand new guy for the team (someone many of us are very excited for as we know he'll do a GREAT job)

A brand new enemy..and a very cool sounding one at that.

A brand new general and Jaffa leader (both of which are great actors and I think we'll fit their roles perfectly)

This is a brand new beginning...not just another season.

dec55
March 9th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I thinkt he people that are against Season 9 don't realize what it really means...S9 is not just another season..it's a brand new beginning for the series. It's gonna be like watching the show for the first time.

Let's look at what we have

A brand new guy for the team (someone many of us are very excited for as we know he'll do a GREAT job)

A brand new enemy..and a very cool sounding one at that.

A brand new general and Jaffa leader (both of which are great actors and I think we'll fit their roles perfectly)

This is a brand new beginning...not just another season.

True, and just because there is a new cast, doesn't mean the original ones
won't show up now and then either.

Dr Worm
March 9th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I will miss RDA, but SG1 is such a good show to survive without him. I wish him all the best and respect him because he put family before work. Hope fully we will see him in a few guest apperances in Season 10, 11, 12....

Hopefully the people against S9 will watch some epps and enjoy what they see and then become pro S9, but Stargate has evolved to a point where it's impossible to keep everyone happy.

GhostPoet
March 9th, 2005, 02:37 PM
yea, i'm sure there will be plenty of cameos....all tho I gotta say...ever since I heard Ben was going to have a lead role on the show i've been anticipating season 9 like a mad man....like it's the first ever episode of SG-1. Yes...i'm that excited :)

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Hi, this is in response to the 'Does Anyone Feel Nervous About Season 9' thread.

Well, to my surprise and sorrow, on the first page I saw quite a few people saying they would quit watching ( I find this very annoying, for one reason and the one thats perhaps more fair that is that if they don't like the show anymore, then don't watch now and leave these forums. )

I am new to Stargate ( I just started watching this summer, around June I would say ), so I guess it is pretty obvious I would like the show to continue a lot longer as I have only seen a little bit of new episodes, and I would hate to make this great 'experience' to be such a short period in my time.

It has been mentioned how the show is changing from its roots. I cannot deny this, but I can say it's within reason. People change to adapt their surroundings ( or as we can see in the Stargate universe, beings :) ), and this is the way the real universe works as well. With alliances formed and information gathered, the SGC and its crew has changed greatly ( in some opinions, for the better, others worse ).

May I ask, to this board, do you think that with more threats being thrown at the Earth, and the ability to produce one, that it is inapproproate for Earth to have the Prometheus? And don't you also think that the number one source of information and the group of people with most experience in the situations ( SG-1 ) would naturally help on this ship?

Also, yes, old ties should be ended, but to completely disrupt the continuation of creating new ones? Well, lets here your take :)

-Alex

Erik Pasternak
March 9th, 2005, 07:03 PM
There is already a Pro-Season Nine thread in the SG-1 Season Nine Forum. LINK! (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5707)

Beatrice Otter
March 9th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Hi, this is in response to the 'Does Anyone Feel Nervous About Season 9' thread.

Well, to my surprise and sorrow, on the first page I saw quite a few people saying they would quit watching ( I find this very annoying, for one reason and the one thats perhaps more fair that is that if they don't like the show anymore, then don't watch now and leave these forums. )

I am new to Stargate ( I just started watching this summer, around June I would say ), so I guess it is pretty obvious I would like the show to continue a lot longer as I have only seen a little bit of new episodes, and I would hate to make this great 'experience' to be such a short period in my time.

It has been mentioned how the show is changing from its roots. I cannot deny this, but I can say it's within reason. People change to adapt their surroundings ( or as we can see in the Stargate universe, beings :) ), and this is the way the real universe works as well. With alliances formed and information gathered, the SGC and its crew has changed greatly ( in some opinions, for the better, others worse ).

May I ask, to this board, do you think that with more threats being thrown at the Earth, and the ability to produce one, that it is inapproproate for Earth to have the Prometheus? And don't you also think that the number one source of information and the group of people with most experience in the situations ( SG-1 ) would naturally help on this ship?

Also, yes, old ties should be ended, but to completely disrupt the continuation of creating new ones? Well, lets here your take :)

-Alex
The more attached one is to something, and the longer one is attached to it, the more likely one is to regard all change as bad. Long-time SG fans are prone to this; I often get the feeling that many don't even give anything new a chance, anymore. I understand their anxiety, but I'm not about to condemn something just because it's different. Personally, I'm not going to say what I think about S9 until I've actually seen it and have something concrete to base my opinion on.

Osiris-RA
March 9th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I'm not excited. No sirre. I'm more excited about a re-run of Golden Girls but I'll watch. But the team is breaking up like a glacier and I gotta say, it ain't lookin' good. I'll see, though.

SmartFox
March 9th, 2005, 07:10 PM
I will still watch it and i still love Stargate. Yes there have been some disapointments in S8 but Stargate is still my favorite show. Hopefully Stargate will keep being a great show and maybe even pick up in S9. I admit i am disapointed RDA is leaving as he is one of the reason i got hooked on Stargate but i have come to love all of the charachters in Stargate and many of them will still be there. I can't believe so many people will refuse to watch S9. I don't consider you a true dedicated fan of a show if you won't watch its last eps even if you don't like those eps. There has been several eps that i haven't like through out the show but still i watched them.

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I don't consider you a true dedicated fan of a show if you won't watch its last eps even if you don't like those eps. There has been several eps that i haven't like through out the show but still i watched them.

Exactly!!!

I remember watchinf the last episodes of Friends. The fact is, they sucked. Except the finale. But I stayed by! Why? Because they deserved it. After all the joy that show has brought me I think its only fair.

I mean, I can't express how much I hated Affinity & Avatar. Hmm, Oh I hated all of The Season Of Jonas! But I still loved Stargate :P

Matthew D
March 9th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Well I am kinda wait and see.. I am excited about it but at the same time, not sure how it is going to be pulled off.. I just hope that all of the people that said they weren't going to watch, give it a chance people.. I think it is going to continue to be a good show..

Beatrice Otter
March 9th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Well I am kinda wait and see.. I am excited about it but at the same time, not sure how it is going to be pulled off.. I just hope that all of the people that said they weren't going to watch, give it a chance people.. I think it is going to continue to be a good show..
Exactly. Sometimes, change is good. MASH replaced almost all of its people except Alan Alda and "Hotlips Houlihan" over the course of its run, and got better in doing so. On the other hand, X-Files lost David Duchovny and became utter !%@&.

It depends on how the change is handled. And until I see it, I'm not gonna judge it.

Erik Bloodaxe
March 9th, 2005, 09:18 PM
The more attached one is to something, and the longer one is attached to it, the more likely one is to regard all change as bad. Long-time SG fans are prone to this; I often get the feeling that many don't even give anything new a chance, anymore. I understand their anxiety, but I'm not about to condemn something just because it's different. Personally, I'm not going to say what I think about S9 until I've actually seen it and have something concrete to base my opinion on.

Yeah, I'm fairly "wait and see" myself; a lot of my pro feelings are based on having enjoyed season 8 and thus having anticipation for it to continue, but an accurate judgement would take watching it first, as it's too early for any "worst ever season" or "best ever season" to be made at this point. :)

That said, both the changes and the older stuff they can still follow up on certainly gives the season the potential to be another great season, and I certainly hope the current writers along w/ the additions of Carl Binder and Martin Gero will be able to pull it off. :D

-Bloodaxe

Raicho
March 9th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I'm glad they came to a conclusion with the Goauld. It seems they have the time to go in-depth and develop the loose ends they left out. Hopefully things don't get side-tracked and they're able to expand on the anthropology of the ancients.

Wass
March 10th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Some people say the Goauld storyline ending was rushed but I think it was about time I was kind of getting boring of them, the only part IMO that was rushed was the Jaffa coming together and taking out the system lords I thought it was bit to easy.

Madeleine
March 10th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I reckon I must be the only person in the world who thought the X-files was rescued from a long steady decline by its last two years. Everyone and her brother say that they hope that SG-1 doesn't get as bad as X-files got, and i'm thinking that I'd be well chuffed if it got such a nice lease of life as X-files had in the Dogget years! Maybe that's why I'm looking forward to s9 more than so many other people are.

GateFanTLH
March 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Personally, I am looking forward to season 9. Although I would like to see alot more action in season 9, Season 8 really didn't have that much.

Wass
March 10th, 2005, 12:35 PM
I reckon I must be the only person in the world who thought the X-files was rescued from a long steady decline by its last two years. Everyone and her brother say that they hope that SG-1 doesn't get as bad as X-files got, and i'm thinking that I'd be well chuffed if it got such a nice lease of life as X-files had in the Dogget years! Maybe that's why I'm looking forward to s9 more than so many other people are.

Well I sort off lost interest in XF after season 5 I did see the last season and thought Dogget was good but that chemistry between Mulder and Scully was really missing and I believe that resulted in a lot fans leaving the show.

Your are the only mod I have read that is looking forward to season 9. I think the reason that a lot of people don’t want season 9 is that they are scared of change new characters coming it’s different and some people don’t want that.

Elwe Singollo
March 10th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Your are the only mod I have read that is looking forward to season 9. I think the reason that a lot of people don’t want season 9 is that they are scared of change new characters coming it’s different and some people don’t want that.
I share in the 'scare' of the addition of the new people. I'm happy that the three are still there (Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam), even though Sam won't be in all the episodes. If the BB's dont bring freshness to the show (to me that is) i wont be dissapointed, because yah, i'll be looking forward to seeing the new nurse anyway. :)

dec55
March 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
What makes Sg1 so different is that the stories have always left so many
avenues for sequels that 8 years is just not enough. I would love to
see the original stars of the movie do cameos as well as Dean Devlin who helped create the story drop by. After he is also a actor.

Dr Worm
March 10th, 2005, 09:18 PM
We don't know what S9 is going to be like, all we know is "there is going to be a S9". It may be excellent or not so good, but it will probably be more enjoyable that most of the programs on TV. At least for me.

Looking forward to S9!

GuardianKentel
March 10th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I am looking forward to season 9. the Changes to the cast doesnt bother me as much as the whole king arthur mythos they are going with. but I hope that Stargate LIVES LONG AND PROSPERS!

oh to the person who said the movie actors and devlin should make a cameo, no offence but why? and what crack are you smoking?

Wass
March 11th, 2005, 04:03 AM
I'm not to sure about the Merlin storyline that is rumoured to be happening I think that is all a bit to far I guess I have to wait and see.

ALIMOO
March 11th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I'm looking ford to reading about season nine. Who knows what might happen then. From what i have read from other Stargate sites, that both Jack and Sam take personal time off, for some reason we don't know. We know that Amanda Tapping is taking the first five episodes off cause of the baby which is due any time now. I saw some were i think it was behind the seans from season one that Brad wright i think it was said, if the show is do really great, theat there 'might' be ten seasons. so who knows, there might be a tenth season.

Seshat
March 11th, 2005, 12:13 PM
I was so pleased to see a Pro Season 9 thread at last, and just had to post my support. Since I'm trying to stay spoiler-free I've also had to avoid reading several of these posts (!) but it's comforting to know that there are others who are looking forward to a ninth year of Stargate. Like several of you have already said, I think a little change might be nice :) and I am willing to give the new season a chance before condemning it in advance of it's even been filmed and aired. ;)

Enokrad
March 11th, 2005, 02:06 PM
i can't wait to see season 9
don't know about the budget cut in the air force stargate program
but you know what?
they haven’t disappointed me so far in 8 years.
I don't think they will start now especially when the episodes have started to be of a far better quality in writing as well as producing than before. I feel we haven’t seen the best stories yet. And the writers have proven time after time that they haven’t lost their touch

AT & RDA, u will be missed but NEVER forgotten
Thank u for all the great memories

dec55
March 11th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I am looking forward to season 9. the Changes to the cast doesnt bother me as much as the whole king arthur mythos they are going with. but I hope that Stargate LIVES LONG AND PROSPERS!

oh to the person who said the movie actors and devlin should make a cameo, no offence but why? and what crack are you smoking?

:lol definitely not the Crack you are puffin......heee heee... J/K.

Seriously...

I think Dean at least deserves the honor because he helped create the whole
story which gave way to the series. And having the original actors do cameos
would honor their part in the whole Stargate franchise. Kurt Russel and James Spader at least visiting the show would be cool.

BTW the movie was #1 in the box office when it came out. It was a huge
hit in which a sequel was always talked about.

GuardianKentel
March 11th, 2005, 09:24 PM
:lol definitely not the Crack you are puffin......heee heee... J/K.

Seriously...

I think Dean at least deserves the honor because he helped create the whole
story which gave way to the series. And having the original actors do cameos
would honor their part in the whole Stargate franchise. Kurt Russel and James Spader at least visiting the show would be cool.

BTW the movie was #1 in the box office when it came out. It was a huge
hit in which a sequel was always talked about.
i guess, but you have to remember that Devlin doesnt want to have anything to do with the TV show he hates it from what I understand ... and really this has been discussed at length about his supposed dupping by the PTB. But Season 9 will be just as good as the rest!

lily
March 12th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Firstly, let me say that I love RDA and he has been my fav actor in
Stargate since I got hooked on the show. I must also say that I
haven't found bad Stargate episodes in all 8 seasons (of course I like
some episodes more than others, but absolutely all the episodes from
season 1 to 8 have something great/interested in my opinion). I enjoyed all the 8 seasons and I'm looking forward to season 9 (and crossing my fingers
for at least 2 more seasons after that). I'll be really sad the day
Stargate SG-1 finishes. Do I wish RDA was still involved in Stargate
as a regular? You bet! I'm sad we won't see him any more in the show
(well, never say never… Michael Shanks left for a season and then
decided to come back. So…) but at the same time I'm thrilled for all
the new stories that will come with other characters.

In my case, and not being a sci fi fan, I have never heard of Stargate
until I caught by chance (just surfing with my TV remote control) an
episode in UPN Indiana (I was living in Indiana at the time). It was a
season 6 episode, don't remember which one. I saw RDA and said "wow.
The guy from Mac Gyver" (yeah, very original, don't ya think?) so I
stopped changing channels and kept watching. After that I watched a
couple more episodes and I was hooked. My second fav character at that
time (after Jack) was Jonas. Since I've never heard of the series
before, I didn't know Michael Shanks was there first. I bought all the
seasons available in DVD box sets in the States at that moment and when I watched the first episode, it had obviously Daniel/Michael Shanks in it. And I remember I was sad and thought that I wanted Jonas, not that other guy…. Well, guess what? In a very short time Michael Shanks/Daniel became my second fav after RDA/Jack. Of course I still think Jonas is great and I've always said that for me the ideal SG-1 would've been Jack, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c and Jonas. I loved the beginning of season 7 with all 5 of them. And I wish TPTB would bring Jonas back some day, NOT to replace anybody, but as an addition.

When I heard about Ben Browder being cast as a regular for Stargate, I
didn't know him (I'm not a sci fi fan, so never watched Farscape). So I went and watched some episodes of Farscape, and some behind the scenes, just to watch Ben and see him. Well, I have to say that I liked him a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing him in Stargate. Michael and Ben together will be great.

I think it's just a miracle that TPTB managed to keep the same regular
cast members for 8 seasons without changes (well, not counting season
6, I guess). Sure, some actors left, but they didn't add other actors
to the main cast in 8 seasons (except for season 6). That in a TV show
is a real miracle.

Now, with RDA's departure, there will be some fans that will not watch
the show anymore, because they don't like the show without him. That's
OK. For some people he was the only reason to watch the show.

But there will also be new fans who will start to watch the show
because of the new cast members. For example, fans of Ben Browder.

Some others are fans of other actors/characters and don’t care wether RDA leaves the show or not…

And there are fans of the show that were fans until now and will keep
being fans… (count me in here!)

So all in all, I think it will kind of compensate. You know, some fans
will stop watching, some will stay, some new fans will start watching… Other shows such as ER and Law & Order have successfully changed cast members and both shows are still strong.

As long as TPTB keep delivering a top quality show as they have been
doing all these years, I'll be extremely happy to keep watching.

Of course, this is just my humble opinion. No offense intended for
others that disagree.

Lily
PS: my first post here and it had to be such a long one! :o

dec55
March 12th, 2005, 05:24 PM
i guess, but you have to remember that Devlin doesnt want to have anything to do with the TV show he hates it from what I understand ... and really this has been discussed at length about his supposed dupping by the PTB. But Season 9 will be just as good as the rest!

Actually according to this interview:
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/365/365034p1.html

IGNFF: I know for a long time that you were a very vocal opponent of the Stargate television series...

DEVLIN: It's not that I was an opponent of it, it's just that it wasn't ours. It's like, if you create something and then someone else does something with it, it's like you give birth to a child and then someone else is doing plastic surgery to your child – maybe it's making your child look better, but it's not your child anymore.

IGNFF: And you weren't asked whether you wanted your child to undergo it anyway...

DEVLIN: It wasn't our decision to make. It's always hard to watch something you create be put in somebody else's hands.

He is kinda of neutral about it....and I think they could have auditioned for
the series.

I haven't really read any negative opinions of the series from Dean. Though he
did say he wanted to do sequel films in the beginning.

But I would agree with some folks here that if a movie were to be done. It should incorporate the series cannon too. If not about SG1, maybe different
charcaters of other Stargate teams.

I hope Dean Devlin can at least contribute to the series...If he has any negative feelings about the series direction, I hope they can change it like Richard Hatch on the new BSG.

If they can bring a at least another Stargate movie to the movie screen with
the series...it would be really great!!!

BTW I did read the thread about Dean and the series.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5197&page=1&pp=20

Madeleine
March 15th, 2005, 08:12 AM
I like this time of the year when the spoilers are all vague enough for me to read. The con reports are always particularly exciting around now. So far they're all getting me pretty bouncy about s9.

Wass
March 15th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Same here, although I was hoping they would finally explain who the furlings are but it looks unlikely.

Erik Bloodaxe
March 17th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I like this time of the year when the spoilers are all vague enough for me to read. The con reports are always particularly exciting around now. So far they're all getting me pretty bouncy about s9.

Yeah, and in regards to those con reports, if a certain thing mentioned for mid-season pans out, this could be a most excellent season indeed. :D

-Bloodaxe

dec55
March 20th, 2005, 10:33 AM
This new season is definitely gonna rock....:)

dec55
March 23rd, 2005, 06:15 PM
i can't wait to see season 9
don't know about the budget cut in the air force stargate program
but you know what?
they haven’t disappointed me so far in 8 years.
I don't think they will start now especially when the episodes have started to be of a far better quality in writing as well as producing than before. I feel we haven’t seen the best stories yet. And the writers have proven time after time that they haven’t lost their touch

AT & RDA, u will be missed but NEVER forgotten
Thank u for all the great memories

They have so many ideas....and great people coming on now.....

Season 9 will be intersting to watch.

dec55
April 2nd, 2005, 09:47 PM
I'm looking ford to reading about season nine. Who knows what might happen then. From what i have read from other Stargate sites, that both Jack and Sam take personal time off, for some reason we don't know. We know that Amanda Tapping is taking the first five episodes off cause of the baby which is due any time now. I saw some were i think it was behind the seans from season one that Brad wright i think it was said, if the show is do really great, theat there 'might' be ten seasons. so who knows, there might be a tenth season.

I hope they go 14 seasons, and break all the records.

Then make movies.....of course this all depends on the writing. They
definitely have star power as far as good cast members!

catscan
April 5th, 2005, 09:53 AM
I think season 9, will be like season 6. Introducing Jonas was like a breath of fresh air that the show needed. I think the same thing will happen with Bowder.

I want to see how the Jaffa, Teal'c primarily, act to being truly free. Is there going to be a civil war in their future? Will the Jaffa of different system lords split off into a clan like structure?
I hope Baal is still part of the show, as he made a fantastic foil, for just about everyone.
I want another episode with Loki! Will the Asgard ever find an answer to their genetic dilemma?

It should be interesting to watch, none the less. I'd like to see, just how good RDA makes the show. He's part of the soul of the show, but in my book, the other three, Amanda, Christopher, and Michael are just as much part of that soul.

I guess we'll find out come July. :)

SG-4MarineLeader
April 5th, 2005, 05:45 PM
How do you know that the Furlings will not be seen this season? Only a fraction of the episodes have information out on them.

dec55
April 7th, 2005, 09:24 PM
There is some unexplored territory to discover now that the Gouald mostly gone.
These will be exciting times!!!!

Raicho
April 7th, 2005, 11:10 PM
I will be thoroughly pissed with SG:1 if they don't go into the Furlings in season 9.

And then I will crumble and bring SG:1 flowers and leave apologetic, romantic messages on it's answering machine.

Don't shut me out, SG:1! I love you!

Aris Boch or at least some mention of the Aschen in season 9 would tickle me pink, but I'm beginning to doubt it will happen.

dec55
April 18th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Only a couple of month till we get to see the new cast Wooohoo!!!

Can't wait to see more pictures of the new season!!

walter_MacChevron
April 18th, 2005, 06:32 PM
i am very happy for many reasons. It shows us that there is other evil outside the gouald and the replicators, SG-1 still has a duty to the galaxy after the previous baddies' destruction. A new cast member will more likely gurantee a S10.........one more thing........we are getting closer to the X-files one more season until we beat it in years and episodes......plus S9 will mark more episodes than any Star Trek

dec55
April 19th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Woooohoooo!!!! Rumor is that Lexa and Ben's characters are gonna have a
romantic history!!!!!! This show is getting better by the second!!!!!!

Yippie!!!!!!!!

Wass
April 19th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Woooohoooo!!!! Rumor is that Lexa and Ben's characters are gonna have a
romantic history!!!!!! This show is getting better by the second!!!!!!

Yippie!!!!!!!!
Where is the rumour from

dec55
April 19th, 2005, 03:00 PM
The folks in the anti season 9 thread said that the recent convention showed some
clips of LD and BB's characters having a history.......I really don't know if it is a true
fact...so I am classifying it as heresay until I read it on the Gate world news...

But if it is true...it will be great!!!!

Here is the link:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5708&page=21&pp=20

dec55
April 21st, 2005, 09:46 PM
I just read Grace Park's interview on BSG. I wish if she had time, she could visit SG1 as Lt Satterfield again....that would be so cool...

Seastallion
April 24th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Only one thing needs to be said... Stargate Forever!!! :D

Seriously, if the show remains good, (and it has) I see no reason for it to continue going for however long it can be kept. I look forward to seasons 10, 11, and 12...! ;) Let the good times roll..! :D

:eek:

Seshat
April 24th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I will be thoroughly pissed with SG:1 if they don't go into the Furlings in season 9.

And then I will crumble and bring SG:1 flowers and leave apologetic, romantic messages on it's answering machine.

Don't shut me out, SG:1! I love you!

Aris Boch or at least some mention of the Aschen in season 9 would tickle me pink, but I'm beginning to doubt it will happen.
I think there's a good chance we may see the Aschen again next season. But the Furlings? Nahhh, I don't mind leaving ONE alien mystery unresolved. Let 'em stay obscure and out of reach.

Chricton
April 24th, 2005, 12:09 PM
I'm really glad I've had a read through this thread, cos I keep getting sucked into the negative ones!
Some of the comments here have struck a strong chord with me

I feel the same way. Way too many nay-sayers around this place.

Raicho
April 24th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I think there's a good chance we may see the Aschen again next season. But the Furlings? Nahhh, I don't mind leaving ONE alien mystery unresolved. Let 'em stay obscure and out of reach.

Ahhh tis' true, but still the secret can't remain a secret forever, can it?

I'd like to see some visitation to the Serrakim once more.

tsaxlady
April 24th, 2005, 07:57 PM

I agree that there is a VERY good chance of seeing the Aschen in the second half of S9.

As for the furlings - well at the Vancouver Con that was asked of Brad W. & Robert C. and they both laughed say that is one race they get asked about every year and it was just something made up for the Fifth Race and they never had any plans to develop them and still don't.

Although I'm not crazy about some of the first pictures released (mainly Vala's costume) after being in Vancouver I'm really looking forward to S9. I have never been to a con were the folks involved in a show were so excited about a new season. I'm looking forward to S9.

I'm really excited that they will be doing more off-world episodes this season. As Chris Judge said "We get to go back through the gate this season!"

Jeff O'Connor
April 24th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I'm definitely on the side that's looking forward to the ninth year. In fact, the more I hear about it, the better I realize it's going to be.

Erik Bloodaxe
April 24th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Well, despite going "mostly spoiler free" this season, that's mainly just avoiding the spoiler reports, so I still know enough general details about various episodes that I think I can summarize my thoughts on now. ;)

Avalon pts. 1 and 2 -- this sounds like it could be one heck of a [email protected]$$ premiere, perhaps besting even Seige III. Perhaps. ;) To be fair, Avalon's telling a much larger story, so it might be unfair to compare. :P And that picture just released looks pretty interesting too. :)
Origin -- just awesome; could very well be the best part of the premiere. :)
The Ties that Bind -- this is the only one I'm a bit iffy about. But Mallozzi said it was a funny one, so it could be much more of a fun watch than the details released make it sound, so hopefully it is. :)
The Powers that Be -- character episode for Vala! Cool! :D
The Order -- no details released anywhere for this one yet it seems, but the title is kinda intriguing. :)
Ex Deus Machina -- the characters that make return appearances in this one more than make it worth it. :)
Babylon -- shedding some more light on the history of the Stargate Universe in this one; awesome. :)
Beachhead -- weird-sounding title, but given what beachhead means, it should be really interesting to see what this one's about. :)
The Fourth Horseman pts. 1 and 2 -- could very well be the greatest mid-season two-parter in a long time. ;)
Collateral Damage -- if this is refering to the outcome of that two-parter, it could be pretty cool indeed. :)

And those are all the known ones so far. All sound like pretty solid fun episodes so far, and even sound better than what we knew about this time last year. :) This time last year there were a couple weak-sounding ones (which fortunately the assumptions were proved wrong on a couple of them), but this time there's only one that sounds as though it could potentially be weak, but of course that could be flawed assumptions again. ;) The vast majority of those definitely have me looking forward to the season ahead, and also kinda giving me the urge to drop the "mostly spoiler free" vow. :D

-Bloodaxe

dec55
April 25th, 2005, 02:38 PM
The lastest spoiler pictures look pretty cool...:)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11442&page=2

TameFarrar
April 25th, 2005, 04:39 PM
well prior to knowing anything about *new* characters I was pretty despondent over SG1 pulling itself out of the rut I personally was seeing in Season 8 BUT now that I know that a couple of my favorite actors (Ben & Claudia) are coming on board I am really getting jazzed about Season 9.

As much as I am a Farscape fan, I have no worries that SG1 will in anyway resemble it NOR am I too worried about the costumes nor am I worried about the stories.WHY?

well I will tell you.
First, all of the new actors joining the show are of the HIGHEST caliber. Ben and CLaudia demonstrated A LOT of acting range with their characters on Farscape. Beau, while I am not a huge fan of his has made some DARN good movies and Louis...OMG HE is just an INCREDIBLE actor. So with all of this talent joining the show I can't see anyway for it NOT to be good.

Oh yeah...what about the writing??? well even though many people had issues with *Prometheus Unbound* I had a blast watching that episode. I could SEE AND HEAR that the writers actually had some fun writing this episode. New blood, new characters....I really think it jazzed them up as well. So I look forward to some compelling stuff coming from them this season.

Costumes...I read some negative stuff regarding Vala's costume...and I have to laugh...what about Ishta's and the whole *Jaffa Girl Gang*. They were dressed in "Amazonian type" stuff that we see in young boys comic books BUT they still came off as a strong bunch of women. Heck even as far back as the VERY FIRST Star Trek Uhura in her short little mini wasn't scorned JUST BECAUSE she had on a mini skirt. She was still a strong character and did her job well.

Now while I personally don't see the need to wear a cleage bearing lether shirt, I have no problem with my hubs having a bit of eye candy since I am staring at Ben Browder for all I am worth, just because she is dressed in a manner pleasing to the male eye doesn't take away from her character. But it sure does stir up the controversy.

I agree that SG1 has taken on a bit of sexual edge with the new group..but how much I won't know till I actually see it. I hope that I am not so puritent that I can't see beyond the clothes and enjoy the performance of the actor. Heck I see more skin on daytime TV and I KNOW there are many toddlers running through the TV room when their parents are watching those shows. My kids understand TV is NOT their mentor on how to behave and dress in life, that is my job...so I really am not to worried and I also don't feel it demeans Claudia as a female lead. Her character is from ANOTHER WORLD...apparently ALL worlds are more able to see the *person* not just the outfit then Earth is ;)

I am even more jazzed after attending the Vancouver Con. To hear how excited the actors, producers and the writers are makes a big impact on me. They just sound alot more jazzed about the show again
and if they are excited...tehn I can only think it bodes well for us fans as well

dec55
April 25th, 2005, 05:09 PM
There is definitely a new feeling and energy in the new cast.....I am not
suprised that the writers and producers and cast are happy with the new
direction and buzz.

binkpmmc
April 25th, 2005, 07:01 PM
I have no problem with my hubs having a bit of eye candy since I am staring at Ben Browder for all I am worth,

If only they would put BB1 in a tight leather number and show off his ASSets as they show off CB's perhaps that is some eye candy that would catch my eye . . . .

Erik Bloodaxe
April 25th, 2005, 10:25 PM
If only they would put BB1 in a tight leather number and show off his ASSets as they show off CB's perhaps that is some eye candy that would catch my eye . . . .

So, what, Cam starts borrowing Baal's fashion sense now? :P He's the one member of the early-s9 new SG-1 that wouldn't be able to get away w/ that. ;)

Wow, I just realized, both Atlantis next season and the early part of SG-1's new season (and in all honesty the whole of season 8) will have just a single military member on the flagship teams. That might be a little strange, but I guess also interesting to see how it plays out as well. :)

-Bloodaxe

Erik Bloodaxe
April 25th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Oh yeah...what about the writing??? well even though many people had issues with *Prometheus Unbound* I had a blast watching that episode. I could SEE AND HEAR that the writers actually had some fun writing this episode. New blood, new characters....I really think it jazzed them up as well. So I look forward to some compelling stuff coming from them this season.

Well, also, it's not like all the episodes are just going to be like "Prometheus Unbound" anyway, 'cause it's highly unlikely that a single character (Vala) would define every other episode's tone. ;)

Costumes...I read some negative stuff regarding Vala's costume...and I have to laugh...what about Ishta's and the whole *Jaffa Girl Gang*. They were dressed in "Amazonian type" stuff that we see in young boys comic books BUT they still came off as a strong bunch of women. Heck even as far back as the VERY FIRST Star Trek Uhura in her short little mini wasn't scorned JUST BECAUSE she had on a mini skirt. She was still a strong character and did her job well.

Oh, for that matter, what about the costume of any female goa'uld? ;) Vala's tastes may've been slightly influenced by all the years she spent as one; trying to use her sexuality to overpower Daniel certainly seemed to be a many-years-as-a-goa'uld-inspired sort of behavior (*cough*Hathor*cough*). ;)

I agree that SG1 has taken on a bit of sexual edge with the new group..but how much I won't know till I actually see it.

Sexual edge compared to what? Seasons 5 and 6, maybe, but season 1's pretty much the one w/ the most in the way of a "sexual edge" that there is. ;) And to be perfectly honest, SG-1's also got nothing on Enterprise or Smallville. :D

I hope that I am not so puritent that I can't see beyond the clothes and enjoy the performance of the actor. Heck I see more skin on daytime TV and I KNOW there are many toddlers running through the TV room when their parents are watching those shows. My kids understand TV is NOT their mentor on how to behave and dress in life, that is my job...so I really am not to worried and I also don't feel it demeans Claudia as a female lead. Her character is from ANOTHER WORLD...apparently ALL worlds are more able to see the *person* not just the outfit then Earth is ;)

Not just daytime TV, but there've been commercials w/ more skin as well. ;) But, yeah, puritanism seems to be a little too common in this country nowadays (and worse still is there always exists a balancing amount of hedonism as well), and it'd be interesting what the differences would be if this was a European show instead; just imagine some of the comments getting tossed around the forum then. :D

But, yeah, good point on the acting talent; this year should definitely be fun, and hopefully we'll see plenty of familiar faces make a return along w/ the new. :)

-Bloodaxe

Jonzey
April 26th, 2005, 01:13 AM
What I don't get is how most anti-season 9ers say they stopped watching in season 7 or early 8, and yet still feel they can judge the show as it is now. Just based on some pictures and a dress. I mean really, they stopped watching it because they stopped enjoying it, now they're making major changes and they complain about it!

What I don't understand, is if you don't watch a show, how can you have a valid opinion on it, and more to the point, what are you doing posting about it on an internet forum. Yes, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this 'the last few seasons have been crap and I don't watch it- I just come here to laugh at people who still do' thing is crap, because people who will watch season 9 want to see what it's like before they pass judgement.

Madeleine
April 26th, 2005, 01:53 AM
I don't know of anyone who comes here to 'laugh at people who do [still enjoy Stargate]', not even in the anti-s9 thread. Most people who post at GW despite having disliked s7 and s8 did at least love s1-3, or s1-5, or s1-6 or whatever, so discussing the show in general issomething they enjoy. Just less so when the topics of discussion are the more recent eps.

Remembering Babylon 5, which for four years was the best SF show ever, and how in its fifth and final year it was dull and mostly pointless, I can understand the feelings of those who think that that is what is happenning to Stargate. Having a naff show that was always naff is no big deal, but having a naff show that used to be stellar is intensely frustrating. Some people like to voice their frustration. And as long as this isn't the thread they're voicing it in, it shouldn't really be a problem for anyone else.

Kas
April 26th, 2005, 01:58 AM
What I don't get is how most anti-season 9ers say they stopped watching in season 7 or early 8, and yet still feel they can judge the show as it is now. Just based on some pictures and a dress. I mean really, they stopped watching it because they stopped enjoying it, now they're making major changes and they complain about it!

Virtually everything the nay-sayers are complaining about is the exact opposite for me. (Glad to see I'm not the only one! :) I'm applauding the casting coups they have achieved and really believe this - combined with the remainder of the existing team will really move the show forward. They are all high-quality actors and already seem to have generated exitement amongst TPTB and cast - judging from all the con reports.

The pics look fantastic and from the spoilers the season is sounding more fantastic by the second.

the Fifth Race
April 26th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Personally for me the show has gone down hill ever since Jonas replaced Daniel (except for the end of season 7, those were some fanstastic episodes!). I have'nt been exactly happy with the way the show has gone, but I always still watch and enjoy it!. Even the most ferverant fans against season 9 will most likely end up watching and privately enjoy it. I hope the show keeps going and going and going!

ShimmeringStar
April 26th, 2005, 02:31 AM

What I don't understand, is if you don't watch a show, how can you have a valid opinion on it, and more to the point, what are you doing posting about it on an internet forum. Yes, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this 'the last few seasons have been crap and I don't watch it- I just come here to laugh at people who still do' thing is crap, because people who will watch season 9 want to see what it's like before they pass judgement.To say "most" of everyone who post in the anti-9 thread don't watch the show is kind of blanket statement about a certain group of posters isn't it? Lumping all of us together when we're all a pretty diverse bunch of people? The thread started long before the S9 spoilers & pix were posted recently around the forum. For the record I've been watching the show for a bit over 2 years now & will continue to watch. In fact I'll probably keep watching for a bit, maybe even to mid-season break, unless somehow the writing or the story arcs really turn me off early on. I've been a member of GW's on-line fandom for the past year and respect everyone's opinions & in fact read most threads pro and anti because everyone has such unique and diverse perspectives and opinions. I may not agree with everything I read, but it's a wonderful thing to have a forum and a variety of threads where we can all post our opinions in a "safe" respectful atmosphere without having to prove we are "good" enough fans because we do/don't do certain things.

I post my *concerns* about where the show has been in S7/8 & based on spoilers in S9 in that thread because that's where it's appropriate to do so. Just as anyone who, based on spoilers, gut feeling and their own personal opinion feel pro-9 post in here without anyone asking them to pull out proof of how much/little they've watched the show. That's why when I come in here to read this thread I kind of wonder why you (the general you) spend so much time dissing other fan groups & make assumptions about them based on a few posts from a few people. I want to read all of your opinions (& speculations) on why you're pro about 9 :) , not opinions/speculations about fellow posters.

I don't recall anyone saying they were laughing at others' differing opinions. In fact the only post I can remember was someone coming in to stir up that thread by saying s/he was laughing at those of *us* brave enough to post in there and take this kind of flack for our opinions. (Hmmmm this kind of all reminds me of the animosity of pros/antis on a certain ship pairing.... :rolleyes: )

And BTW, to be on topic & pro-9..... Yay! :) Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel will still be there having some kind of adventures. And Bra'tac too! :)

Jonzey
April 26th, 2005, 02:38 AM
To say "most" of everyone who post in the anti-9 thread don't watch the show is kind of blanket statement about a certain group of posters isn't it? Lumping all of us together when we're all a pretty diverse bunch of people? The thread started long before the S9 spoilers & pix were posted recently around the forum. For the record I've been watching the show for a bit over 2 years now & will continue to watch. In fact I'll probably keep watching for a bit, maybe even to mid-season break, unless somehow the writing or the story arcs really turn me off early on. I've been a member of GW's on-line fandom for the past year and respect everyone's opinions & in fact read most threads pro and anti because everyone has such unique and diverse perspectives and opinions. I may not agree with everything I read, but it's a wonderful thing to have a forum and a variety of threads where we can all post our opinions in a "safe" respectful atmosphere without having to prove we are "good" enough fans because we do/don't do certain things.

I post my *concerns* about where the show has been in S7/8 & based on spoilers in S9 in that thread because that's where it's appropriate to do so. Just as anyone who, based on spoilers, gut feeling and their own personal opinion feel pro-9 post in here without anyone asking them to pull out proof of how much/little they've watched the show. That's why when I come in here to read this thread I kind of wonder why you (the general you) spend so much time dissing other fan groups & make assumptions about them based on a few posts from a few people. I want to read all of your opinions (& speculations) on why you're pro about 9 :) , not opinions/speculations about fellow posters.

I don't recall anyone saying they were laughing at others' differing opinions. In fact the only post I can remember was someone coming in to stir up that thread by saying s/he was laughing at those of *us* brave enough to post in there and take this kind of flack for our opinions. (Hmmmm this kind of all reminds me of the animosity of pros/antis on a certain ship pairing.... :rolleyes: )

And BTW, to be on topic & pro-9..... Yay! :) Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel will still be there having some kind of adventures. And Bra'tac too! :)
I'm sorry. I didn't mean most. Just a few people I've noticed. Didn't mean any offence by it. I'm looking forward to season 9 because they have yet to let me down. Originally I thought it would be really bad with them bringing neww characters, but after I watched some Farscape I liked BB's charater there so I think it will be good.

Erik Bloodaxe
April 26th, 2005, 12:14 PM
To say "most" of everyone who post in the anti-9 thread don't watch the show is kind of blanket statement about a certain group of posters isn't it? Lumping all of us together when we're all a pretty diverse bunch of people?

(snip)

That's why when I come in here to read this thread I kind of wonder why you (the general you) spend so much time dissing other fan groups & make assumptions about them based on a few posts from a few people. I want to read all of your opinions (& speculations) on why you're pro about 9 :) , not opinions/speculations about fellow posters.

The anti-s9ers haven't exactly been innocent of that either, to be honest; I've noticed a few of them doing a lot of that generalizing very recently myself. In just the past couple weeks, we pro-s9ers have been called "passive" and insinuated that we lacked the capacity for "critical thinking", and much more recently are getting called shallow "fanboys" who'll watch anything that titilates. :mad: That's not exactly true either, and I've stayed out of addressing it to respect their wishes for us pro-s9ers to stay out of there, but each time that generalization is made the temptation goes up. :S So, I guess I kinda wonder the same thing, but at least you're not one of the ones bashing us in this or that thread. :)

-Bloodaxe

dec55
April 26th, 2005, 02:58 PM
:lol The proseason folks have everything they want.....thus less need to stay around and bicker, criticize and be over all miserable......

But I think the majority of Sg1 fans will look forward to the 9th season.

esoap524
April 26th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Every show with a passionate fanbase has its detractors. People don't like change. I don't like change. I'm a huge fan of Farscape but spent time a-plenty picking apart the last season. It still doesn't rank as my favorite but it was still part of my favorite show; as such, I still enjoy it.

I've never been a Stargate fan but I agree with a whole bunch of folks who pointed out that some quality actors are coming on. I'm not just talking about Browder and Black. What about Beau Bridges and Louis Gossett Jr? These gentleman are acknowledged as good actors by their peers. Gossett Jr has an Academy award. Look at the great work Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell, two more heavy hitters, are doing on Battlestar Galactica.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to Stargate. yes, to see my two favorite leads back in action (Browder and Black) but also to see how an older show gels with a newer cast. I would think it would energize just about everyone.

And I hope people give RDA a break. Any man who puts aside his career to spend time with his child has his priorities in order.

binkpmmc
April 26th, 2005, 05:22 PM
So, what, Cam starts borrowing Baal's fashion sense now? :P He's the one member of the early-s9 new SG-1 that wouldn't be able to get away w/ that. ;)-Bloodaxe

Sorry but Carter, Daniel and Teal'c wouldn't be able to get away with it either (unless you are saying that BB1 would not be able to get away with it cuz he hasn't got the looks . . . ?)

Anyway, my point was that while it is perfectly okay for TPTB to put a prominent female (playing a major role for 5-6 episodes) in a get up like that you won't see the ASSets of the men in the same form fitting, skin showing outfits (as great looking as the actor that plays Baal is, they never cared to dress him up (or should I say down) to show his ASSets the way CB does). One of the guys in an outfit like CBs might catch my eye but then again, just like CBs, it would detract from the show . . . , IMO, of course.

dec55
April 26th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Still no Lexa pictures but here is a link to a transcript of what was shown
of some clips shown at the convention:

:http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/04/convention-goersgetnewseas.shtml

I really want to see Lexa pictures!!!

coldmachine
April 26th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I've been watching since the movie, and I gotta tell you, I love every season and think it's only getting better. I can't wait till July!

coldmachine
April 26th, 2005, 09:05 PM
But to swear off watching the season based on ill-got conclusions? It's madness I tell you.

coldmachine
April 26th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I don't understand people's disdain for nudity. Adam and Eve started out naked, didn't care. God didn't care. It wasn't until they ate the apple did they gain knowledge that they were naked. Thus to me we should embrace nudity. It's not shameful, it's the way we were meant to look. Besides, it seemed that God wanted us to be ignorant and naked, cause ignorance is bliss.

coldmachine
April 26th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I'm not part of your post or whatever, but my problem is that people are saying they won't watch season 9 based on an inaccurate conclusion. The only accurate conclusion we can come to is to watch the season and decide than whether or not it sucked. Or take it episode by episode. But to swear off the season months before it airs? Do they have some inside info that I need to know about?

Elwe Singollo
April 27th, 2005, 12:01 AM
I'm not part of your post or whatever, but my problem is that people are saying they won't watch season 9 based on an inaccurate conclusion. The only accurate conclusion we can come to is to watch the season and decide than whether or not it sucked. Or take it episode by episode. But to swear off the season months before it airs? Do they have some inside info that I need to know about?I guess they simpally dislike what the comming episodes are about. Spoilers may also sway people's opinion before they even see the episode. I mean, although i can't back this statement up, i remember people having some mixed thoughts that Reckoning may suck (maybe from another forum though), and it turned out they loved it.

Sia
April 27th, 2005, 12:53 AM
I just read the transcript of the clips that were shown at the convention and have to say, I'm now really looking forward to the next season on both shows!

I've always loved Stargate, right from the movie but similar to when Michael Shanks left in season six, I had concerns for Season 9.

Once again, just like in Season Six, it looks like TPTB are going to pull it off! The tongue in cheek humour is there, the friendships, the references to things you'd only pick up on if were paying attention over the years - I love it, roll on July! :D

Jonzey
April 27th, 2005, 02:32 AM
I think s9 keeps sounding better and better. But one thing I don't understand is why there is a pro and an anti season 9 thread here. Surely the whole point of an internet forum is to build a community- rather than seperate people based on their opinions? I mean, there is no 'undecided on season 9' thread. Plus there's the fact you can't actually discuss it. I really wouldn't mind if someone posted a negative comment in this thread, but in the anti thread, people can post whatever negative comments they want with no discussion. It's not a discussion really- it seems to me like trying to make people take sides. I mean, there's alot of people complaining about Vala's dress, seemingly forgetting about Sha're in the 1st episode, Carter in Emancipation, Hathor, Niirti, Carter in Chimera, Osiris/Sarah, most of the female goa'uld in summit, the female Jaffa led by Ishta, Anise, the tok'ra from Endgame, Jonas' friend from Fallout...

Why not have a general 'Season 9 discussion thread'?

keppiezbt
April 27th, 2005, 05:11 AM
I am really like S9. Now that I know what Avalon is about, the campy pictures from the scenes do not bother me. I episodes look really really good dealing with the ancients, the new jaffa nation, the defeated gouald. I have only not liked one episode spoiler I have heard. I'm pumped.

Atlantis season two sounds really good. I was alittle iffy on it at first but now that Martin has spoiled us rotten, I'm pumped!

Overall, i just have to ask: is it july 15th yet?

TameFarrar
April 27th, 2005, 06:58 AM
I think s9 keeps sounding better and better. But one thing I don't understand is why there is a pro and an anti season 9 thread here. Surely the whole point of an internet forum is to build a community- rather than seperate people based on their opinions? I mean, there is no 'undecided on season 9' thread. Plus there's the fact you can't actually discuss it. I really wouldn't mind if someone posted a negative comment in this thread, but in the anti thread, people can post whatever negative comments they want with no discussion. It's not a discussion really- it seems to me like trying to make people take sides. I mean, there's alot of people complaining about Vala's dress, seemingly forgetting about Sha're in the 1st episode, Carter in Emancipation, Hathor, Niirti, Carter in Chimera, Osiris/Sarah, most of the female goa'uld in summit, the female Jaffa led by Ishta, Anise, the tok'ra from Endgame, Jonas' friend from Fallout...

Why not have a general 'Season 9 discussion thread'?

Hi Jonzey, the purpose for an Anti-Season 9 thread is people that do NOT like the idea of yet another season have a place to vent their feelings, post their opinions and just generally have a *place* They do NOT want to have to defend themselves nor debate the issue in that thread. This is not a means to dividing the fandom..it is giving each person a place where they can let their hair down so to speak and say exactly what they feel without fear of repercussion.

I post here in the season 9 Pro thread because I am looking forward to things and this is my place to vent and/or cheer about things I see coming up for the season. I personally do NOT want to have to defend myself nor my feelings about this. That is why there is a Pro/Anti thread.

Now if you feel that you want to *discuss* things. Well then I would suggest that you create a Season 9 DIscussion Thread and ensure that all understand that it is a discussion for ALL. Having the Pro and the Anti threads just allows people to have a place to vent without attacking anyone elses views AND it allows those of us who do NOT want the debate a place to express ourselves in whatever manner we feel :D

dec55
April 27th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Actually there is a poll thread that has the pro side winning by 84%

Any debate can be done there..:)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=474724#post474724

Erik Bloodaxe
April 27th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Sorry but Carter, Daniel and Teal'c wouldn't be able to get away with it either (unless you are saying that BB1 would not be able to get away with it cuz he hasn't got the looks . . . ?)

No, nor do I really care; I did mean the "military" thing, actually, and was excluding Carter by saying "early season 9". ;) Maybe they'd still have some control regarding Daniel even if he's a civilian, but I figure they'd have none over the fashion of some alien that shows up on base, as it'd probably be ethnocentric of them to do so. So long as she's garbed more than an actress at the Golden Globes, there's probably no issues about her showing up on base. :D

Anyway, my point was that while it is perfectly okay for TPTB to put a prominent female (playing a major role for 5-6 episodes) in a get up like that you won't see the ASSets of the men in the same form fitting, skin showing outfits (as great looking as the actor that plays Baal is, they never cared to dress him up (or should I say down) to show his ASSets the way CB does). One of the guys in an outfit like CBs might catch my eye but then again, just like CBs, it would detract from the show . . . , IMO, of course.

Oh, that's right, they've never shown the skin of the male characters before. :rolleyes: (*cough*Fallen*cough*Threads*cough*) Oh, dear, I must've come down w/ a cold. j/k :P

-Bloodaxe

doctorwho
April 30th, 2005, 01:04 PM
I'm pro-Season 9 myself. I like to see some changes, even though I don't like the fact that we'll get to see less RDA etc. I am already missing General Hammond...

But I like the new actors and I am sure we will have an interesting mix in the 9th season. I hope it keeps on going with renewed interest by the fans and general tv public.
--
My fanfics (http://www.maltanetworkresources.com/who)

Lida
April 30th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I'm pro-Season 9 myself. I like to see some changes, even though I don't like the fact that we'll get to see less RDA etc. I am already missing General Hammond...

But I like the new actors and I am sure we will have an interesting mix in the 9th season. I hope it keeps on going with renewed interest by the fans and general tv public.
--
My fanfics (http://www.maltanetworkresources.com/who)

I too hope the viewing public in general and the fans, in particular, continue to watch and love SG-1. If not, they will not have a season 10 (Horrors!!!!) and then there will be no 2006 Vancouver Convention.......NOOOOOOOOOOO

:S

dec55
May 8th, 2005, 10:13 AM
If you look at the polls so far, most fans seem very excited about the changes so far. I would not be suprised to se 14 seasons overall.

dec55
May 25th, 2005, 08:57 AM
I can't believe the new season is just a couple months away!!! wooohooo!!!

Benj
May 25th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Just posting to give my support to this thread as i despair at the number of posts on the anti-season 9 thread. I am also British and am actually shock horror looking forward to the Arthurian legend type twist they have on things. Not everything stargate has to be about solely the ancient world.

Madeleine
May 25th, 2005, 09:15 PM
i despair at the number of posts on the anti-season 9 thread.

I wouldn't worry about that. It's the only place people have to gripe about s9. There are masses of spoiler threads where people are being positive about it :).

I am also British and am actually shock horror looking forward to the Arthurian legend type twist they have on things.

Me too. But (and I'm sorry, but I'm about to inject some negativity :eek: ) I HATE THAT I'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AUTUMN TO SEE ANY OF IT. :(

Kas
May 26th, 2005, 12:16 AM
i despair at the number of posts on the anti-season 9 thread. I am also British and am actually shock horror looking forward to the Arthurian legend type twist they have on things. Not everything stargate has to be about solely the ancient world.

Don't despair... as Madelaine says there are so many threads that we post in where you can find many that are looking so forward to the new season... it's just that we are all chatting about the different aspects. The other thread is a sole place the antis can post and not have their views 'tackled' in any way...

This is the first post I've placed in this thread for example because I express my excitement and enthusiasm elsewhere on the board. :)

dec55
May 26th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't worry about the anti thread's number of posts.....it the same folks
complaining over and over.....:lol

Look at this poll and be happy!!!!

According this poll the pro side is the majority...:)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4262310#post4262310

Erik Bloodaxe
May 26th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't worry about that. It's the only place people have to gripe about s9. There are masses of spoiler threads where people are being positive about it :).

Yeah, while the negative comments that could be made just get collected to the anti-thread instead. Also, it seems some people just have more fun complaining anyway. j/k ;)

-Bloodaxe

Jonzey
May 27th, 2005, 01:40 AM
What I don't get is all these comments about them ''sexing up'' the show for a younger male teen demographic by sticking Vala in that dress.

If that's what they were aiming to do, wouldn't they do better by sticking a young, incredibly attractive model in her place, instead of a moderatly attractive woman in her late 30's?

Kalliope
May 27th, 2005, 09:21 AM
What I don't get is all these comments about them ''sexing up'' the show for a younger male teen demographic by sticking Vala in that dress.

If that's what they were aiming to do, wouldn't they do better by sticking a young, incredibly attractive model in her place, instead of a moderatly attractive woman in her late 30's?

Early 30's. Claudia will be 33 later this year.

Jonisa
May 27th, 2005, 12:58 PM

While I fully and completely respect the rights of the anti-season 9 people to be as anti as they want to be, I do think comments such as these are a little premature. All we have to base this on is a few spoiler pictures, correct? (I'm avoiding spoilers this year.) Spoilers as a rule are extremely misleading. If the episode airs and it's little else than Vala prancing around scantily dressed, then I'll be here complaining as well. ;)

I also don't understand the fear of "Fargate", and worries that Stargate will turn into a show full of sexual innuendo, etc., as if that's all Farscape was. Did anyone who says that ever watch Farscape faithfully? Yes, sometimes the humor went a little OTT and sometimes it resembled a science fiction show on speed, but the majority of the time Farscape had episodes with rich, tightly plotted arcs that dealt with themes of loss, betrayal, destiny, friendship, etc. The humorous episodes were a well-earned break from some pretty intense stuff.

I don't want "Fargate" either, don't get me wrong (and I doubt it will happen). About the only similarity the two shows have is that they're both science fiction, but Farscape was more than the off-the-wall humor and sex appeal.

Roll on Season 9! I haven't read the spoilers closely or looked at any of the pictures, and I'm looking forward to the "new direction". Between that and new Battlestar Galactica episodes, I'm thinking July is going to be a great month for scifi. :)

walter_MacChevron
May 27th, 2005, 07:52 PM
this season is going to show X-files how they should have done the later seasons of the show. It will set the bar, hopefully a S10 will just mean that Stargate gets better, and it will have the most episodes and the longest running of any other american sci-fi show. That way, in 5 years no one else can claim superiority just because Stargate SG-1 fell 8 episodes short of tying X-files episodes, not mentioning the quality has been better than X-files S8 and S9.

Jonzey
May 28th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Early 30's. Claudia will be 33 later this year.
My bad.

My point's still valid though. If they wanted sex appeal they could get any random woman and stick her in a revealing dress, regardless of acting talent. But they're using a seasoned actress. So I doubt that's their plan.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see...

dec55
June 2nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
Well Lexa can pass for a high school/college girl..... I guess they have all the bases covered..:)

Kalinda
June 3rd, 2005, 03:40 PM
Wheee! Here to add my support to the pro-Season 9 group^^ Am very excited about it!

Anyway, I think the 'Vala sex appeal' argument is pretty silly.. and I can see Vala (as a character) wearing something like that anyway, based on the impression I got of her in Prometheus Unbound. Plus it looks cool, SG1 has really nice costumes ^^

And I, too, couldn't help being a little intimidated by the number of anti-season 9 people but all your arguments are quite reasurring. I used to belong to that crowd before I saw the great season premise TPTB have planned. I hope the show goes on for at least two or three more seasons :)

Anyone know where one might find larger copies of those nice pics from Avalon? I know SciFi's episode promo images are usually huge and GW just presents them at a smaller size. I think I might've seem em somewhere, but I can't recall. And on that note I can't wait for the S9 Promo pics, the Atlantis ones came out recently so it won't be too long, I hope^^

Wooooot! Not long until July =D

madaline_7
June 3rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
I have been waiting for season 9 from the time I found out there was going to be a season 9. I really think they can pull it off. AS LONG AS the new members of SG1 have the same appeal as the orginal team. And I'm not tlaking abut carbon caopies. I mean, lets face it, besides the stories, because a couple of them were, how shall I say, LAME, we watched to see what would roll out of Jack's mouth (or in later seasons) if T'ealc had some smarty little comment, and how Sam and Daniel would save their butts. :D They were a great unit, and I thought that was part of the problem with season 8, without Jack going off world with them... they had lost something. BUT I DIGRESS... The new team just needs to mesh I guess is what I am saying.

One week to go, and then I cancel all plans on Friday night, well at least at 8.

centurian
June 7th, 2005, 05:43 AM
i look forward to season 9 as most fans do...i would like to see the loose ends from previous episodes tied up,there are quite a few..for example.what happend to grandpa in crystal skull/,,,is carter and jack cooking in his backyard on another fine day?...it would be nice to clear up some of this..

Mindgame
June 7th, 2005, 09:41 AM
I am looking forward to season nine. I like the change, except for less of RDA, who made the show for me. I was a big fan of Farscape so Black/Browder will be welcomed. Not sure about Bridges, I will have to wait and see. I hope Daniel gets to go to Atlantis and I would like to see Jolene Blalock return. All in all I can't wait, my friday nights have been so boring without Scifi Fridays.

Kalliope
June 7th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I am looking forward to season nine. I like the change, except for less of RDA, who made the show for me. I was a big fan of Farscape so Black/Browder will be welcomed. Not sure about Bridges, I will have to wait and see. I hope Daniel gets to go to Atlantis and I would like to see Jolene Blalock return. All in all I can't wait, my friday nights have been so boring without Scifi Fridays.

Beau Bridges is extremely talented and experienced actor and from what I've read all actors (Michael, Chris, Ben, Claudia) respect him a lot.

Madeleine
June 7th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I'm encouraged by the fact that MS seems very positive about it. He's not one to bang the drum if he doesn't think the product is worth it, he's been ambivalent about some of the show both before and since his 'hiatus', but he seems really jazzed about the new episodes - and his taste does seem to run close to mine, so that's me pepped up :)

Kalliope
June 7th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I said it somewhere else already, but I'll repeat it here, it was in (I think) Vancouver con report, Michael said that both Ben and Claudia actually forced them to DO THEIR BEST and they were more than happy about it. Add Beau Bridges and Lou Gosset Jr. (both multiple Emmy winners and Lou Gosset Jr. is an Oscar winner!) to it and you can be more than sure that Season 9 is going to be on much higher level than previous seasons. And it's really great.

Benj
June 9th, 2005, 06:25 AM
I think i want Stargate to continue is because of nostalgic reasons. I was 12-13 when SG-1 started and i remember it premiering on UK TV and i loved it from the get go. It was exactly the kind of science fiction i was looking for. I love Indiana Jones, war movies and action-comedies and this series seemed to cover all this while bringing up thought provoking moral issues. So please bring on season 9,10 and 11. Even now at the age of 20 i still enjoy the show as much as when i was younger. In a way i feel i have been with the show from the very begining and i think even if i was 50 i would still like it as much.

kirmit
June 9th, 2005, 07:17 AM
With this new start, I think stargate shuld go on alot longer :)

Atteria
June 9th, 2005, 07:23 AM
I'm encouraged by the fact that MS seems very positive about it. He's not one to bang the drum if he doesn't think the product is worth it, he's been ambivalent about some of the show both before and since his 'hiatus', but he seems really jazzed about the new episodes - and his taste does seem to run close to mine, so that's me pepped up :)

Great point Madeleine. MS did seem to be genuinely happy about the new season when asked about it at the con in Vancouver. I've also read comments he has made in several articles and he had nothing but praise for Ben Browder and Claudia Black. If he is "stoked" about season 9, I'm more than willing to give it every chance. :)

Kalliope
June 9th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Plus, Damian Kindler said in SFX article that the chemistry between Claudia and Michael is phenomenal, so I'm more than sure that it will be just a pure pleasure and delight to watch these two :)

Ruisseaux
June 9th, 2005, 07:51 AM
i look forward to the new season, but im worried that with the addition of browder and black, there will be too much enpahsis on comedy like i saw on the few episodes of Farscape. Seemed like there was too much forced humor, i could be wrong though. If SG-1 keeps its midly serious air about it, then this season should still be good. I say mildly because RDA always had a sarcastic remark that got a chuckle out of me from time to time. That kind of subtle humor is good, creates more intrest and allows for some more humor. SG-1 though isnt supposed to be a humor based show though, and i hope they stick to that in this season.

Jonzey
June 9th, 2005, 12:08 PM
I just watched Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars and it got me really excited for season 9. I think Ben Browder in particular will make a great character on sg1.

Kalliope
June 9th, 2005, 02:07 PM
I think exactly the same about Claudia Black :D

Tucker Case
June 10th, 2005, 09:13 PM

That'd be me pepped up, too.

Michael's my touchstone for the series and has been for some time. He's as level and frank when the show misses as he is when it hits, and is as precise in his praise as he is in his criticism. He's been open about some of the potential pitfalls (the danger of Daniel/Mitchell becoming too derivative of Daniel/Jack if he and Ben aren't careful), and has graduated from confident and optimistic to enthusiastic - and it's that progression that assures me as much as anything else.

If he's fully jazzed now, then I trust that I have good reason to be.

Tucker

JanusAncient
June 11th, 2005, 12:31 AM
After watching the newest promo for season 9, I'm going out on a limb, and saying if they do this season correctly, I think this could be the best season yet, to date!!!! Now drop the weapons, and disarm, I promise that I am a fair & balanced individual!

Wass
June 11th, 2005, 03:46 AM
I agree although I have not seen the trailer yet from what I have read and seen looks cool.

Kalliope
June 11th, 2005, 08:01 AM
"Can you tell me which way to the Stargate"? I'm ROTFLOL every time I'm watching the new trailer and hear this line :) Is it July 15 yet???

Wass
June 11th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Is there any site that has got the trailer up yet.

Kalliope
June 11th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Sure :) go here: http://www.sfgatescape.com/media/sg1/sg1s9_previews.htm#SG1pr4

Madeleine
June 11th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Is there anywhere that has posted a description of the trailer for people who can't DL it?

Kalliope
June 12th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Is there anywhere that has posted a description of the trailer for people who can't DL it?

Don't know about a description, but if you go here: http://forums.scaperoute.com/kansas/index.php?topic=27031.new#new , you can see 2 NICE pics from the trailer, and there's a link to the place where you can see another NICE pic :)

You can also see more screen caps from this trailer here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4293396&postcount=20

dec55
June 14th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the links...:)

Kalliope
June 14th, 2005, 11:13 AM
http://www.sfgatescape.com/media/sg1/gallery/prv4/gallery1.htm

Here you'll find VERY detailed screen caps gallery, second by second :)

Atteria
June 14th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Did you notice they changed Ben Browder's line "I've come to put SG-1 back together", from the first clips, to "I've come to join SG-1", in the later clips? Am I hearing it correctly? :rolleyes:

dec55
June 18th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Woooooooohoooooo Lexa Sg1 pictures!!!!!!

Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.stargate-project.de/stargate/index.php?seite=episodenguide&aktion=showfolge&ID=178

Benj
June 19th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Glad Lexa Doig is being brought . Sorrow to sound shallow but i am a guy and lets just say she hits all the right buttons.

dec55
June 21st, 2005, 11:38 AM
I agree Lexa will be a big draw for the show.....:)

jack_n_sam147
June 21st, 2005, 01:32 PM
Hello, I'm new. My name is Liz.

Anyway, I think Season 9 is a GREAT idea, and I hope that Stargate goes on for many more Seasons to come! Even though I highly doubt that. :( But oh well.

Season 9 is great, and I'm very excited for it, but I think a tenth season would be awesome! But I don't think there will be a tenth season. Until I find out whether or not there is one, I'm just going to be happy with 9 seasons. I know that we're very lucky for Stargate to have gone on this long, and that we should be feeling very lucky that there's even going to be another Season.

JanusAncient
June 21st, 2005, 02:35 PM
I'm here for one to say how great it will be to have a season nine, of one of the greatest Sci-fi shows to have ever been envisioned!

First off the Ori, a great idea! The Priors with technology comparative to the Ancients, I definitely would like to see that.

Secondly, Ben Browder, I love Farscape, notice I don't say loved, because Farscape is still available to newcomers, soon to be in syndication on the Sci-fi channel. Now, Claudia Black, there really is no reason not to like this addition to the show, grace and beauty, she has it!

The departure of RDA is quite disheartening, I believe that the new Daedalus class warships will open up an entirely new direction for the show.

Of course, Teal'c, Sam, and Daniel are always great to watch, Lexa Doig from Andromeda, appealing, but also a fine actress, worthy of the experience! All in all, season could really turn out to be one of the best seasons yet, and could possibly give the show a new jumping off poing, like it was just starting up again. :D :cool: :D :p

Kalliope
June 21st, 2005, 02:47 PM
Secondly, Ben Browder, I love Farscape, notice I don't say loved, because Farscape is still available to newcomers, soon to be in syndication on the Sci-fi channel. Now, Claudia Black, there really is no reason not to like this addition to the show, grace and beauty, she has it!

In syndication in USA, but not on the SciFi channel. They did enough damage to Farscape, thank you ;)
Fox stations around USA will be showing "Farscape" from the start, for details go HERE (http://www.snta.com/php/display.php?p=program&p_id=157)

dec55
June 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Yeah, this new cast is gonna rock.

GateMan2000
June 27th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I agree, even though RDA has left, the gaps have been filled by fine actors and it should bring more fans to the show. And if people don't watch SG1 anymore because RDA has left, then they were never really fans of the show...just fans of RDA :) but thats just my opinion.

dec55
June 28th, 2005, 09:25 PM
I think the show was bigger than RDA....I would have been nice if they got Kurt Russel
back..but RDA did a good job.

steelcage
June 29th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Glad Lexa Doig is being brought . Sorrow to sound shallow but i am a guy and lets just say she hits all the right buttons.

Very good Addition to the show. I think season 9 will be awsome. I love the new cast but will miss Jack..

dec55
June 29th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I have a feeling Jack will drop by once in a while...:)

Caro
June 30th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Hi guys !

I'm really looking forward to seeing season 9. The new characters seem interesting, there will be some new team interaction, it's pretty exciting !!

I do hope that RDA will indeed drop once in a while, but if he doesn't, well... that's no big deal, he's not the reason why I love the show ;)

starellen1
June 30th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I think season 9 will be awsome. At first I thought I might be disappointed with RDA gone, but after I thought about it somemore, I realized he will never really be gone and the fact that the new cast members are very good on their own rights, will help bring a new fresh point of view to the show. Can't wait for Carter's return.

dec55
June 30th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Funny thing..both Lexa and Amanda are moms now.....they will need a day care center
on the set now....:lol

briguy213
June 30th, 2005, 06:20 PM
I cant wait for season nine, its gonna be so new and exciting.

blarochelle
June 30th, 2005, 07:40 PM
OK, well nothing new here - I just wanted to have my say... I LOVE Stargate and I will be in front of the "box" for each new episode of season 9. I think that this "franchise" can be handled properly for many more seasons to come! Think of all the long-run television series and why they ran so long. It was due to the exploitation of interesting social issues. Stargate SG1 has blown away the previous generation of television SCI-FI by inventing NEW social issues at every turn.

I loved RDA in the McGuyver television series... and even though his character in SG1 was kinda 180-degree, he makes the show so believable. I understand Richard needing to separate himself from the continuation of this saga - he deserves to move on - but I will miss his character.

Trust in the writers and producers - this franchise could go on for several more seasons! I say that because, like me, there are lots of SCI-FI fans who LOVE Stargate SG1 for what it is - great SCI-FI. Thanks!

P.S. Do we really need to have an anti-season 9 forum? What's the point? Go watch some old episodes of Monk! ;)

briguy213
June 30th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Yay!!! this thread, Nay!!! anti thread!!

Lida
June 30th, 2005, 09:38 PM
OK, well nothing new here - I just wanted to have my say... I LOVE Stargate and I will be in front of the "box" for each new episode of season 9. I think that this "franchise" can be handled properly for many more seasons to come! Think of all the long-run television series and why they ran so long. It was due to the exploitation of interesting social issues. Stargate SG1 has blown away the previous generation of television SCI-FI by inventing NEW social issues at every turn.

I loved RDA in the McGuyver television series... and even though his character in SG1 was kinda 180-degree, he makes the show so believable. I understand Richard needing to separate himself from the continuation of this saga - he deserves to move on - but I will miss his character.

Trust in the writers and producers - this franchise could go on for several more seasons! I say that because, like me, there are lots of SCI-FI fans who LOVE Stargate SG1 for what it is - great SCI-FI. Thanks!

P.S. Do we really need to have an anti-season 9 forum? What's the point? Go watch some old episodes of Monk! ;)

Hey, I love SG-1, have from the very first epi on Showtime, but I really enjoy Monk too. Tony Shaloub is fantastic in it....2 Emmy awards and a Golden Globe. That's nothing to be ashamed of. ;)

As for season 9, bring it on. I'm leary about a few of the cast additions, but over-all, this could potentially be a great season. We just have to wait and see and it's 14 days and counting in the States. Yes! :D

dec55
July 1st, 2005, 05:07 PM
July 15 is almost here!!!!

the fifth man
July 3rd, 2005, 11:40 AM
Like all of you, I can't wait for July 15th. I mean, what a night that will be, huh? The premieres of SG-1, Atlantis, and BattleStar all in one night. I don't know if I can handle it. :D Seriously though, I think Stargate will be just as intelligent, funny and entertaining as it has been these last 8 seasons. Yeah, I'll miss RDA ( you can't replace O'Neill), but Ben Browder should do a fine job in his own right ( huge fan of him in Farscape).
To me, it will be interesting to watch this new team dynamic develop, and I'll be stuck to my seat in anticipation every Friday night.

LONG LIVE STARGATE!!!

dec55
July 5th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I agree..!!! This will be a great year!!!!

dec55
July 9th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Wooohooo the 9th season of SG1 is gonna start soon!!!!!! Yippie 1 more week!!

Lord Zedd
July 10th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Well there are pro and anti season 9 threads and both have some strong arguments but season 9 is going to happen. I am not for or against season 9. I am very sceptic about season 9. Season 8 could have been much better I think. Now with a new enemy, new cast I am curious. I hope for all of us fans that season 9 is going to be good but I have my doubts so I am going to watch it and hope for the best.

the fifth man
July 10th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Well, everyone associated with the show seems pretty positive about the changes and new path stargate is taking, so for now, I will definitely go into season 9 thinking good thoughts. If done right, this show could go on for many more seasons, which I personally would love to see.

Seshat
July 10th, 2005, 10:50 AM
I am still resolutely PRO season 9. :D I'm not at all intimidated by cast changes, team reassignments, guest star casting or credit-chopping manuevers. It's good to see that I'm not the only one who would rather wait and see before passing judgement on the unknown. Sometimes change (especially when it is inevitable and irrevocable) can be a good thing. ;) I'm going to let my curiosity win out over my cynicism this time. :)

briguy213
July 11th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I will not let RDA ruin my stargate expierience. :cool:

Mongo's Girl
July 11th, 2005, 05:07 PM
After lurking around for months on end, I thought I'd finally de-cloak and join the Pro S9 camp. :)

Even though it'll be strange not having RDA around, I'm excited about the changes, and can't wait to see Ben on a regular basis again. No, I'm not gonna start pimping Ben Browder. His performance can speak for itself. I just hope some of the Anti-ers give his character a chance before they decide to hate him.

Can't wait for the Inside Look tonight, and can't wait for Fri. :)

the fifth man
July 11th, 2005, 07:39 PM
In response, all the Inside Look on SciFi did was wet my whistle ( which is a good thing ). All three shows on Friday night look awesome. I think we are all in for something that could be very special - quality non-reality tv entertainment. :D To me, this show reaches even beyond mere science fiction. It has created characters you can truly come to care about, and storylines that at times can boggle the mind. It has been a show that has kept me intrigued and always thinking for 8 seasons. And I look forward to that again come this Friday.

rayjaythetokra
July 11th, 2005, 09:16 PM
well im very pro season nine ever since promethius unbound in season 8 i think vala and Dr. Jackson make a great copule. Ben browder rocks im all for him coming in. and from what i hear Beau bridges and louis gossit JR wanted to play the role of the general But RDA Wanted Beau to play in that role or so i hear.
And Lexa is the bomb she will rock as a Doc. i admit i will miss oneall but my feeling is this show won't do like Xfile did when Mulder left. RDA will still have a say on the new show i think.

Lida
July 12th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I'm very happy to see that many people are finally willing to give season 9 a chance. Yes, it's going to be strange without Jack, but the new cast members are all top notch actors, and if tptb have produced scripts worthy of their acting abilities, this could be a GREAT season, a "new beginning", as many have been saying.

From the SciFi preview last night, it appeared that the entire cast ( new and old) is enthusiastic about the season and it was contagious. Here's hoping for a great year of SG-1, revisited! :)

JanusAncient
July 12th, 2005, 10:59 PM
I was always pro season 9, the more Stargate the better, I would put forth, but after seeing Sci-Fi's Inside Sci-Fi Friday, season 9 is going to be like a phantasamagoria, what they have done with the newly formed Free Jaffa Nation homeworld, was nothing short of astounding, seeing the Death Gliders, and the Al'kesh landing and taking off, was great. Actually being able to see Daniel and the Prior, I believe he was a Prior, was one of the highlights, and well Claudia Black, can't say enough, loved her since Farscape, and I still love the lady, Sci-Fi Friday is going to be the best Sci-Fi experience ever!! Is that too bold a statement? If so, let that be the case, these three shows, beginning with Stargate Sg-1, have the potential to remake the face of Science Fiction.