Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have only 1 single gripe about this movie, who agrees?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only 1 single gripe about this movie, who agrees?

Bratac is my favorite supporting character throughout the entire stargate storyline it would have been SO cool to have him on there!!! Other than that, the movie was friggin awsome. ( And its too bad they killed off Jacob, would have been cool to have him there for the extraction process)
    SG-1 Rocks!!

No one else likes bratac huh?
    SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Maybe Tony Amendola didn't want to be in the movie just to stand around and then disappear.

Comment

Actually my gripe involved Davis. The best Earther around that is not actually on an SG team, one of the best recurring characters in the entire franchise, and then I get all excited in seeing him, and he does not even get a line!

Same thing with the System Lords really but that did not annoy me as much.

Comment

Hopefully the movies continue long enough for everyone's favorite characters to have a chance to shine!

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
            Hopefully the movies continue long enough for everyone's favorite characters to have a chance to shine!
            Doubt it. I mean as long as they stand low budget direct to DVD, which I think is a lot of the problems they have had in time. Why we did not get to see the System Lords play more of a roll. Why we did not see them actually have many lines. I really do think that if they had more time, that both the stories that we had could have been so much better.

I really liked both of them. But they could have been so much more if they were feature length.

Comment

Well, I wasn't so much beginning a discussion of the logistics of film making as trying to make folks feel good on a very happy day in my stargate world. I didn't actually have any problems at all with this movie. Quite the opposite. Of course, it would be nice if it was longer, but for 7 million, it's truly amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                Well, I wasn't so much beginning a discussion of the logistics of film making as trying to make folks feel good on a very happy day in my stargate world. I didn't actually have any problems at all with this movie. Quite the opposite. Of course, it would be nice if it was longer, but for 7 million, it's truly amazing.
                I concur, I am very happy with both the movies. This one felt more 'real' and was a different take on the Stargate world.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                  Actually my gripe involved Davis. The best Earther around that is not actually on an SG team, one of the best recurring characters in the entire franchise, and then I get all excited in seeing him, and he does not even get a line!

AND Major Davis is STILL a MAJOR! It's been YEARS! I've heard from military people that it's move up or get out. I can't believe they still had his rank as a major! That made me angry...and the fact that he was in the movie for five seconds...I love Davis!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                    AND Major Davis is STILL a MAJOR! It's been YEARS! I've heard from military people that it's move up or get out. I can't believe they still had his rank as a major! That made me angry...and the fact that he was in the movie for five seconds...I love Davis!
                    You can't stay more than 5 years a major...

Comment

MY thoughts exactly.

Comment

It would've been nice to see Bra'tac
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Totally agree. Poor guy. I wish there was more from him.

On topic, it would have been nice to see Bra'tac again, but he wouldn't have had a big role here.

It would have been nice to see Janet too, but it didn't happened, what you gonna do. *shrugs*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post

I agree, I fully expected him to play some (dare I say it) "major" part in this. As everybody else's time line was screwed up wouldn't it have made sense for him to appear as a General or even as the President just to shake things up!
                            The rest of the System Lords' brief appearance also felt a bit like a cameo shot.

Having said that, I did enjoy the movie.

So here's a thought for Brad & Martin if they ever lurk this forum...
                            Why not give us a trilogy next time around?... Three movies in rapid succession with one big story arc and plenty of room for our all favourite characters to have a part to chew on, not just sniff!....Yummy!

Sech.
                            sigpic

Comment

So here's a thought for Brad & Martin if they ever lurk this forum...
                              Why not give us a trilogy next time around?... Three movies in rapid succession with one big story arc and plenty of room for our all favourite characters to have a part to chew on, not just sniff!....Yummy!
                              That is yummy! What a fine idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X