PDA

View Full Version : SciFi Press release: SCI FI CHANNEL HAS BEST JULY EVER WITH YOUNG AND FEMALE VIEWERS



prion
July 29th, 2008, 05:43 PM
http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_detail.nbc/scifi-20080729000000-scifichannelhasb.html

SCI FI CHANNEL HAS BEST JULY EVER WITH YOUNG AND FEMALE VIEWERS
Published: July 29, 2008


Ranks #6 Among Adults 25-54

New York, NY – July 29, 2008 – SCI FI Channel's ratings growth continues to draw new viewers with its best July ever among young and female viewers. Year to date, SCI FI is up 8% among adults 18-34 and 3% among female viewers 18-34 for the month. Additionally, SCI FI was up in males 18-34 (126,000/+13%), males 25-54 (370,000/+1%), females18-49 (263,000/+4%) and females 25-54 with (291,000/+5%).

In a year-to-year comparison, SCI FI averaged 578,000 adults 18-49 (+1%), 661,000 among adults 25-54 (+2%) and 1.24 million total viewers (+3%). SCI FI is the 6th ranked basic cable entertainment network among adults 25-54 and was ranked in the top ten among males 18-49 and males 25-54.

Program highlights include:

· The season 5 premiere of Stargate Atlantis on July 11 saw increased viewership averaging 1.3 million adults 18-49, 1.4 million adults 25-54, and 2.4 million total viewers. This was Atlantis' best performance since the season 4 finale in March 2008. This is above the Season 4 average by +20% in adults 18-49, by +22% in adults 25-54, and by +22% in total viewers.

· The mid-season premiere of Ghost Hunters International on July 9 averaged 1.4 million adults18-49, 1.5 million adults 25-54, and 2.4 million total viewers marking the best performances in these demos since the series premiered in January 2008.

· The triumphant return of Scare Tactics hosted by Tracy Morgan on July 9 in the 10pm hour delivered 646,000 adults 18-34, 1.2 million adults 18-49, 1.2 million adults 25-54, and 2.1 million total viewers. This is a series high performance among adults 18-34. Both episodes also delivered the best performances for Scare Tactics in all key demos for any episode since the initial series premiere on April 4, 2003.

Please note all data includes the most current blend of Live+7 and Live+SD.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com ) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 93 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

Agent_Dark
July 29th, 2008, 06:08 PM
OMG CAPS ;o ;o ;o ;o ;o ;o