This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Continuum - I'm buying it for ONE character ONLY

And I want to make it absolutely clear, so MGM/Fox can't count me as the part of general Stargate franchise.
    I've decided to eventually pre-order Region 2 release of this DVD to show my support to the wonderfully talented Claudia Black. Qetesh' scenes with Ba'al, the other Goa'uld and Teal'c are the only ones worth watching in the entire movie.

I don't think it's worth to buy it for just one character, especially Vala who doesn't have a big role in Continuum (though I must admit surprisingly it's my favorite in it)

Comment

I'm sure MGM will take this on board when looking at the sales figures.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
        I don't think it's worth to buy it for just one character, especially Vala who doesn't have a big role in Continuum (though I must admit surprisingly it's my favorite in it)
        Well... I was thinking about it really long. And eventually decided, after meeting Claudia in London just 10 days ago, to support my absolutely favourite actress and wonderful person. She deserves it, especially that filming "Continuum" (and AoT earlier) wasn't easy for her because of the pregnancy. And despite of not feeling well during filming, she managed to provide the best performance in the movie. This is something what deserves the highest admiration

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
          I'm sure MGM will take this on board when looking at the sales figures.
          Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
          Well... I was thinking about it really long. And eventually decided, after meeting Claudia in London just 10 days ago, to support my absolutely favourite actress and wonderful person. She deserves it, especially that filming "Continuum" (and AoT earlier) wasn't easy for her because of the pregnancy.
          I'm just saying I don't think MGM peruses GW counting down how many people buy it and for what reasons - they're just looking at the bottom line and gross sales...

Comment

I loved Qetesh in Continuum. I agree that the character made the movie for me.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
              She was definitely amazing, as usual!
              sigpic

Comment

Another pointless, attention-seeking thread...

Comment

Good for you, Ladyinred. Buy it for whatever reason you like - and supporting Claudia Black (who was amazing) is as good a reason as any. I've gone to or bought/watched shows for one actor/character.

Don't think MGM is breaking down their sales demographics by "purchase reason," but there you go.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                  O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

And I want to make it absolutely clear, so MGM/Fox can't count me as the part of general Stargate franchise.
                    I've decided to eventually pre-order Region 2 release of this DVD to show my support to the wonderfully talented Claudia Black. Qetesh' scenes with Ba'al, the other Goa'uld and Teal'c are the only ones worth watching in the entire movie.
                    Well, I certainly disagree, however excellent Claudia Black may have been in the movie, and she certainly was. I suspect that Ms. Black would disagree with your characterization of her co-worker's performances, as she appears to like and admire them, both as individuals and as actors.

Comment

... o... kay. Great?
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                        Well, I certainly disagree, however excellent Claudia Black may have been in the movie, and she certainly was. I suspect that Ms. Black would disagree with your characterization of her co-worker's performances, as she appears to like and admire them, both as individuals and as actors.
                        As far as I know she hasn't seen the movie yet and I suspect it's not gonna happen any time soon. She said at LFCC that she didn't see any episodes of Stargate SG-1 she filmed... working with somebody is one thing and loving them as friends, but judging their performances while watching the series/movies is something completely different...

Comment

Oh, well then... I'm sure that when she sees it she will completely agree with you that she is the only good thing about the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                            Well, sucked in! You've bought it and now have supported everything that has to do with Continuum and you've made MGM happy! They will definitely count you in the 'general franchise' too.

Comment

While MGM isn't keeping track, if it makes you feel better I'll be sure to mark you down as "not a Stargate fan", so that you don't get lumped in with everyone else. Have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                              X