Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question 'bout Continuum (possible spoilers!!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question 'bout Continuum (possible spoilers!!!)

Down below possible spoilers for SGA S5x01 and SG continuum

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

In Search and rescue Sam says that the Tok'ra captured the last Baal clone and that SG-1 is making an appearance there... so is this what we see in continuum?????

And if so Doesn't she now outrank Cameron since she was promoted to fullbird colonel?
    "Don't call us, we'll call you"

--

sigpic

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Favorite Stargate Quote:

For the record, I hate you.
    Well, it can't get any worse, then, can it?
    Oh, no. I'm rapidly working up to despise.
    Spoiler:
    Everyone: "Go Metric"
    Proud Member Of The Bunny Cult
    (\/)
    (oo)
    (")(")

That is what we see in Continuum, and Mitchell's been promoted aswell... apparently
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I think Mitchell's been promoted aswell, then again just before the Glider and Jet fight Sams call sign is Siera Gulf Leader (SG Leader)..

Comment

Since he is in command of SG-1, it doesn't really matter if she outranks him. He's in command.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          Since he is in command of SG-1, it doesn't really matter if she outranks him. He's in command.
          It does matter

and he says that he isn't in command in one of the episodes in S10 (can't remember which)

"Carter and I are the same rank, Jackson and Teal'c are civilians, I'm not in charge of anything"

Comment

Mitchell has been promoted according to Robert Cooper.

A loquita writes: “What was the reasoning behind the decision to promote Carter to a higher rank? And why does Mitchell get command of the ship even though he’s at a lower rank than Carter?”

Actually, they both got promoted and are of equal rank. Mitchell is still team leader and gets command for that reason. Despite the technicality, Mitchell and Carter both regard each other with respect and give each other fair weight when it comes to decision making. Certainly, Mitchell defers to Carter on all science related issues.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...and-then-some/

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
              It does matter

and he says that he isn't in command in one of the episodes in S10 (can't remember which)

"Carter and I are the same rank, Jackson and Teal'c are civilians, I'm not in charge of anything"
              But that was before she went to Atlantis. She wasn't a part of the team for, what, a year? Mitchell leads SG-1.

Comment

But that was before she went to Atlantis. She wasn't a part of the team for, what, a year? Mitchell leads SG-1.
                That may be true, but if Carter did out rank him she'd be the one giving orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                  It does matter

You're both right. Cam wasn't in charge of SG1 until Continuum where Sam is no longer a member of SG1...as she has a new command according to JM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Cam was put in charge of SG-1 because of the work he did in the arctic by Gen. O'neill - i am guessing that because Carter had left the team at that point (at area 51 instead) then that is why mitchell remained leader even when she returned to join sg-1. Carter was away from sg-1 for a year whilst Cam was in charge so when she does go back to sg-1 for continuum he is still in command although they tend to share the responsibility.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                      You're both right. Cam wasn't in charge of SG1 until Continuum where Sam is no longer a member of SG1...as she has a new command according to JM.
                      False. Mitchell has been in command of SG-1 from season 9 onwards, it's a technicality given their ranks, but Mitchell is still in charge.

Comment

yep! That's what starts the plot for continumm however it turns out to be much more then just watching another ba'al clone die.. its just the set up for the story.

About Mitchell and Sams rank.. on the commentary for Ark of truth the writer said both these films take place after unending but before Sam started working on Atlantis.
                        I wonder if Teal'c ever has a bad hair day?

Linky
                        Survey Safari

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCarter View Post
                          yep! That's what starts the plot for continumm however it turns out to be much more then just watching another ba'al clone die.. its just the set up for the story.

About Mitchell and Sams rank.. on the commentary for Ark of truth the writer said both these films take place after unending but before Sam started working on Atlantis.
                          That was changed.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            That was changed.
                            yup now it's...

Unending
                            AoT
                            SGA s4
                            S&R
                            Continuum
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              yup now it's...
                              Unending
                              AoT
                              SGA
                              s4
                              S&R
                              Continuum
                              Unending
                              AoT
                              First Strike