This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The War on Terror & $4 Gas

There should be a throw away dialog between Shep and Woolsey mentioning that the War on Terror & $4 Gas Prices are being exaggerated to funnel troops, resources & money into Atlantis & the SGC.

(excerpt)
    : So just how is China justifying signing billions of USD over to the US for the Stargate Programs?

Woolsey: They say they're "loaning" us the money for our "War on Terror."

: Who would buy China loaning America billions of dollars for a war they have no apparent interest in?

Woolsey: You'd be surprised.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

No No. Please no RL politics in Stargate
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I always figured they were a few light years ahead of us.

I really don't know how cool it is to make light of RL issues. I think they'd piss me off and I might turn anti because of it.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        There should be a throw away dialog between Shep and Woolsey mentioning that the War on Terror & $4 Gas Prices are being exaggerated to funnel troops, resources & money into Atlantis & the SGC.
        That would be totally disrespectful to the thousands of people killed in the "War on Terror" and would definitely turn me off the show.
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

i dont think the war on terror is going on in the stargate universe, hell, maybe 9/11 never happened. in the stargate verse everything is as it is in real life up to the point of the stargate program being established (we'll assume that the movie didnt have an affect on the course of events until the series actually started because it was a one time deal then).

but with the stargate program im pretty sure there wouldnt be a war on terror and such or they should simply use the asgard technology, sniff out the terrorists and there you go.

but yeah, no way of knowing if the show creators/writers intend real life events to be happening in the stargate verse

Comment

Hi Folks,

let's keep the SG-1/SGA discussion threads to the show and leave the RL stuff for the Off Topic Folder, please.

Don't forget that a lot of people come here to escape RL tensions and having it argued about, under cover of being a SG-1/SGA conversation.

Thank you
            Major Clanger
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

*waves*
              this is me without the mod hat on.

While I can see there is a place for SG-1 and SGA to be set aside from the Real World and continue as though it doesn't happen, I don't agree that everything that happens outside should be ignored.

After all - a lot of military procedures against guerilla type opposition comes from things like the Vietnam war. If we ignore that event, we'd be less able to cope. And like it or not, what happens in the outside world does have a huge effect on the military (as servants of politicians) and not to reflect a little bit of that would make the show(s) less realistic to some.

It's a fine line.
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Actually the war on terror might have been refered to in SGA. In SGA season one episode "Home" the team tries to dial earth from another planet. This planet is inhabited by beings who get their energy from the Stargate. While Sheppard and team tries to dail earth they're captured in a fake earth reality by the aliens on the planet because dailing earth would consume to much of their energy. In the fake reality Sheppard is visited by his old friends. Sheppard discovers the bluff while he is visited by old friends and some of those had been killed in Afghanistan. And to my knowing the US didn't have operations in Afghanistan before 9/11

Comment

T.W.A.T. always makes me laugh, call something a war that really isn't and you've already lost.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    T.W.A.T. always makes me laugh, call something a war that really isn't and you've already lost.
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

I would like to see a Barack Obama look alike on the show. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                        I always figured they were a few light years ahead of us.
                        no they are only a few Kilometers ahead...

confused as to what distance has to do with this..

Comment

Apart from "no rl politics in SG please" I still feel angry when I see americans complaining about $4 Gas Prices these days.. we over here in old europe have hit the 9.4 US $ per Gallon mark this week..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            No No. Please no RL politics in Stargate
                            Vice presidential hunt?
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                              Vice presidential hunt?
                              and I found that joke in poor taste when Uninvitied aired.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X