New Conference Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Conference Table

Guess the producers and crew are glad the old table is gone, but that new one either looks like a church window with a big ol' cross in the middle of it or it has a coffin motif in the center - I keep expecting a vampire to pop out of it. (although I guess the cross would prevent that from happening).
    sigpicGadget

Masterchief writes: “hey Joe I was wondering why did you get rid of the old table in the conference room?”

Answer: Honestly? Because it was a pain to shoot around and the new table offers the directors the opportunity to shoot more dynamic conference room scenes.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-john-picacio/
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

*headdesk* You know, I never even thought of the coffin thing until someone somewhere else mentioned it, and now I can't help thinking of it every time I see that table.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        *headdesk* You know, I never even thought of the coffin thing until someone somewhere else mentioned it, and now I can't help thinking of it every time I see that table.
        Oh lord, the first thing I thought when I saw that table was 'coffin.' It's got the shape of the 'old west' coffins.

Comment

It made me think of voyager tbh. i thought it might me a lil in joke about rob, as the shape of the table is similar to the briefing room table on voyager. clerly i was wrong lol.

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
          Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
          SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Oh lord, the first thing I thought when I saw that table was 'coffin.' It's got the shape of the 'old west' coffins.
            Unbelievable!!!! i am watching the show with my brother and some friends and we all said the same think "he brought a coffin-shaped table just to show to them where he is going to put them if they dare to talk back".Then off course we laughed at our own comment. But it is a coffin -shaped table
            Spoiler:
            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
            (YEAR 0 - 100)
            "O thou Sun,
            send me as far over the earth
            as is my pleasure and thine,
            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
            but never hear anything of bad ones,
            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I guess having a table that you had to pull apart and push back (table in SG-1) was probably just as frustrating.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i like the idea that the new table is woolseys one personal item he brought to Atlantis (although obviously now that rule no longer applies) but i think i could really see woolsey bringing his table (bit like a sports car of beaurocrats) mines bugger than yours!

Comment

Funny I never noticed that the table looked like a coffin till someone just pointed it out. That table was there when they first walked through the gate into a dark and deserted Atlantis and it sort of irks me that they felt the need to change the table at all.

Comment

I don't see the conference table as coffin-like, but I guess one can see it that way. I really like the new table. The old table was cool, but the metal and glass made the room seem cold, and the big hole in the middle visually separated the people sitting around it. It made any conference seem like people were at war and couldn't sit near each other.

The new table, with the yellow and red wood colors, brings more warmth to the room and visually brings the people together - makes them feel connected.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

And there goes another relic of the Ancients out the window... And in comes the coffin ... table, I mean.

Ha, the design looked familiar... thank you for pointing it out. Is this a sign of what is yet to come?

Hate to say it, but I liked the other table better, even if it was difficult to shoot around. Challenges are there to conquer them. This sounds like they just took the easy way out and made it look like any other briefing room in the SGC ... Atlantis, I mean.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Masterchief writes: “hey Joe I was wondering why did you get rid of the old table in the conference room?”

Answer: Honestly? Because it was a pain to shoot around and the new table offers the directors the opportunity to shoot more dynamic conference room scenes.
                        "Dynamic conference room scenes"? Don't remember seeing any, to be honest.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                        Hate to say it, but I liked the other table better, even if it was difficult to shoot around. Challenges are there to conquer them. This sounds like they just took the easy way out and made it look like any other briefing room in the SGC ... Atlantis, I mean.
                        ITA, bringing in a table from SG-1 was a major cop-out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezia View Post
                          "Dynamic conference room scenes"? Don't remember seeing any, to be honest.
                          I wonder what it really means cause people usually sit around the table, talking. There's not much moving, if you're not the camera to which it relates.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Kezia View Post
                            ITA, bringing in a table from SG-1 was a major cop-out.
                            how so? it was Woolsey's decision and apparently he doesn't like the Ancient stuff in Atlantis so he replaces the conference table. makes perfect sense imo
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Kezia is talking from a production standpoint and agree with his/her statment. The orginal table was so much cooler
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X