Regrowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regrowing

Do you think the Wraith, that lost his hand, can regrow one. We know from Travelers that they can't regrow a head(mentioned by sheppard). But we have seen them regrow large amounts of tissue, but a hand I don't know.

Any thoughts on this??

I think it would probably depend upon how recently they had fed.

Comment

For some reason I doubt that they would be able to regenerate to that extent. However, I thought when I was watching that the hand looked like it might have been hanging by a few ligaments or pieces of skin. Maybe not, my eyes could have been playing tricks on me. Anyway, I'm sure that they could surgically sow the hand back on and then the Wraith's regenerative capabilities would regrow the connections and he would eventually have full use of his hand.

Good topic, by the way.
      Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

yeah from what i remember or have stored in my brain is that. the wriath have crazy regeneration powers and can regrow limbs. i think i remember carson checking out a wraith hand that was still alive after it was chopped off. guessin they can regrow and speed depends on how long ago it is they fed.

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
          Anyway, I'm sure that they could surgically sow the hand back on and then the Wraith's regenerative capabilities would regrow the connections and he would eventually have full use of his hand.
          Good point.

If he didn't get his hand back, and couldn't sew it back on though, I reckon he would be able to regrow it if he had recently had a big feed. He would probably be very weak afterwards though.
          sigpic

Comment

For some reason I doubt that they would be able to regenerate to that extent. However, I thought when I was watching that the hand looked like it might have been hanging by a few ligaments or pieces of skin. Maybe not, my eyes could have been playing tricks on me. Anyway, I'm sure that they could surgically sow the hand back on and then the Wraith's regenerative capabilities would regrow the connections and he would eventually have full use of his hand.

Good topic, by the way.
            That is probably what the Wraith would have tried to do.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Did anyone notice what hand was cut off? If it was his feeding hand, he wouldn't be able to feed in order to regenerate.

Comment

Oh, another thought, wouldn't it be weird if when and if a Wraith regrew a limb that it was like some species of a gecko that I can't recall and the limb looked like his head? I know it would never happen but it's something kind of funny and weird to think about.

Comment

Oh, another thought, wouldn't it be weird if when and if a Wraith regrew a limb that it was like some species of a gecko that I can't recall and the limb looked like his head? I know it would never happen but it's something kind of funny and weird to think about.
                  That would be funny.. and somewhat disturbing.. lol.

I've honestly never thought about Wraith growing limbs back until I saw this tread. I don't think they're able to grow back limbs and such. Seems less believable than healing bullet wounds.
                  But, on the other end of that, one could say that healing bullet wounds isn't that far away from regenerating limbs. Sooo.. Yeah.. I've got nothing. lol Really good topic! I'll probably be thinking about this for awhile..

Shep 'Home' sig made by Luciana! (I made the rest.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Did anyone notice what hand was cut off? If it was his feeding hand, he wouldn't be able to feed in order to regenerate.
                    I'm pretty sure it was his feeding hand
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      I'm pretty sure it was his feeding hand
                      Well that sucks for him...

Comment

Yes, it was his feeding hand, you'd have know if you saw the ep. He wants to go feed on Shep, and Tyre quickly draws his sword and cuts.

I don't think they can regrow limbs. I don't know if hey can regrow bones. Flesh yes, bones, er?

Does he even have enough energy in his body to make a new hand, and his feeding hand non the less? Maybe not. He forfeits his life pretty quickly, so... He knows a chopped off feeding hand isn't good.

Maybe he could have put his hand back on, and let it heal like that, but he couldn't do that with people around him... Poor fellah.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          Yes, it was his feeding hand, you'd have know if you saw the ep. He wants to go feed on Shep, and Tyre quickly draws his sword and cuts.
                          I did see the episode, I just didn't remember.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately it was his feeding hand. There is a pic of it on the floor with lots of goo over on JM's blog. http://www.josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Can he regrow the hand? Not sure. In the last scene with Tyre, the arm is not bleeding, but it doesn't seem to be healing, either. He had also recently restored Ronon to full health, and we hadn't seen him feed anytime after that...so he may not have been able to regenerate his hand without having a fresh feed.

However, what if another Wraith gave him the 'gift of life'? Could his hand regenerate then? I'm thinking it might be possible.

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              Yes, unfortunately it was his feeding hand. There is a pic of it on the floor with lots of goo over on JM's blog. http://www.josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Can he regrow the hand? Not sure. In the last scene with Tyre, the arm is not bleeding, but it doesn't seem to be healing, either. He had also recently restored Ronon to full health, and we hadn't seen him feed anytime after that...so he may not have been able to regenerate his hand without having a fresh feed.

However, what if another Wraith gave him the 'gift of life'? Could his hand regenerate then? I'm thinking it might be possible.

das
                              Thanks for the link! Nice pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X