Legend of the Seeker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legend of the Seeker

There will be a new fantasy series this fall on ABC called Legend of the Seeker, based on the books of Terry Goodkind and produced by Sam Raimi:

Trailer here:
    http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/

And here are some new episodic pic:

http://www.terrygoodkind.com/

Comment

Thank you for posting this. It looks good and I really like the Terry Goodkind books so I'd really like to see this. I hope they play on releasing it to DVD so I can get to see it!
      sigpic

Comment

For a minute I thought this thread was going to be about The Dark is Rising sequence and the *******ized movie they made out of it.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Anyone in Canada, I found that my CW23 station will be airing it on Saturdays at 8pm and repeating Sundays at 3pm. I googled my station. Sent off an e-mail because I could not find anything about LOTS and got an e-mail back the next day!

Nov 1st LOTS is scheduled for 7p-9p because they are starting with 2 hours. This is for eastern time. I'm in Mississauga Ontario. I have Rogers Digital Cable and my tv guide is the same as Toronto's. CW23 comes with basic digital cable. My channel is 166 WNLO (CW23) If anyone needs this information

I've seen pictures. Looks good. Will have to wait to see how it sounds. The detail on the outfits looks amazing. I've seen Zedd's outfit up close and it looks gorgeous. On Terry's website someone posted the costume person did Xena and Hercules but also went on to do the Lord of the Rings movies. You can tell by Zedd's oufit they did LOTR.
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            For a minute I thought this thread was going to be about The Dark is Rising sequence and the *******ized movie they made out of it.
            Ditto - I nearly started twitching in anger.
            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Angela V, thank you VERY much for posting who is airing this show in Canada. I'm in Ajax, so you and I share stations.

I've been searching for this information for the past fews days, and this is the ONLY place I have found it. You rock!

I'm really looking forward to seeing these characters come to life, and perhaps even some new story lines outside of the books. (I've probably read them about 25-30 times, so they are starting to get old.)

Happy viewing!

Comment

...and some new trailers, and photos on an easy to use Facebook page.

Legend of the Seeker - Facebook page

Also, the show's official site has a widget to show you the times and stations in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                  Ditto - I nearly started twitching in anger.
                  Ditto again! I nearly had a coronary! Glad to hear it is based on a different book, hopefully they won't ruin it the way they did that Seeker movie that shall not be named... especially since I like Terry Goodkind even more than Susan Cooper.

Comment

Looks good! I can't wait~!

Comment

I hope they do this right but it is an ABC/Disney production. How are you going to show Richard being sexually tortured by Mord Sith? Are they going to do justice to the Mord Sith?

I enjoy the Sword of Truth series, except when Terry started going off on his political tangents, not sure how well those parts will translate into TV. AS long as the basic plot elements and story structure are there, I'll enjoy it but if they deviate too much from the book, I'm not sure I'll like it.

Oh and why doesn't Zed have a beard in any of those promo pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                        I hope they do this right but it is an ABC/Disney production. How are you going to show Richard being sexually tortured by Mord Sith? Are they going to do justice to the Mord Sith?

I enjoy the Sword of Truth series, except when Terry started going off on his political tangents, not sure how well those parts will translate into TV. AS long as the basic plot elements and story structure are there, I'll enjoy it but if they deviate too much from the book, I'm not sure I'll like it.

Oh and why doesn't Zed have a beard in any of those promo pics?
                        I don't remember Zedd having a beard. I just read the first book and can't recall that.

But yes, the Mord-Sith should be interesting! I don't think the TV show will bet weighted down too much by political tangents. That doesn't always make good TV. However, some of that may come through in some of the stories. Overall, the idea is to entertain.

Comment

It looks great. Camera, design everything. Even the actors are hot. It remind me a little of the Lord of the Rings but I am glad the tv reaaly needs a show in that style. Xena and Hercules were never really simular ti LOTR. By the way Merlin is going to start on NBC soon a british fantasy tv show and i have watched the first episode and i liked it. This year I can finnaly watch samo fantasy series. Even sci-fi channel is planing a miniseris of this type with the posibility to grown in a full series similar to Battelstar Galactica.

Comment

Originally posted by DLovely View Post
                            Angela V, thank you VERY much for posting who is airing this show in Canada. I'm in Ajax, so you and I share stations.

I've been searching for this information for the past fews days, and this is the ONLY place I have found it. You rock!

I'm really looking forward to seeing these characters come to life, and perhaps even some new story lines outside of the books. (I've probably read them about 25-30 times, so they are starting to get old.)

Happy viewing!

I had to do some digging to find out if I was going to get it at all! I don't have anything to watch on Saturday nights and now I do. I've been re reading the first book. I only got into the books because I have a friend in the USA who sent them to me. He stopped at book 6 for some reason so I just bought them myself. I did finally get my husband to read them. Sucked him in good. We got the last book from a co-worker of his for Christmas last year. It was a nice surprise because usually he's given chocolate (which goes to me!) or booze which he doesn't like.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

There is a an amazing new trailer on the Facebook page, or the LOTS site, or on terrygoodkind.net called "Answers." I think it certainly does!

Also, the official page has some video interviews with the actors.

It gets better! I just started the second book and am loving the series so far. Will be fun to see this on television. HD, preferably.

Comment

Working...
                              X