PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Aerilon
July 26th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Wasn't Ronan made a Runner because the Wraith (for some unknown reason) couldn't actually feed on him? This being the case, the fact that he was fed upon in this episode somewhat blows the past thought out of perspective.

Please do feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure this is the case.

Prior_of_the_Ori
July 26th, 2008, 03:05 AM
I think JM answered this in his blog in that he never had an immunity to feeding, just that the Wraith thought he might make a good Runner so they let him loose with a tracking device.

moomin81
July 26th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I was always under the impression that they couldnt feed on him but reading some other threads a lot of people are saying the Wraith just detected his strength and chose not to feed :S which sounds really lame imo but I guess thats the answer. The shot in Runner where he has a flashback to the Wraith trying to feed on him definately come across to me as the Wraith not being able to feed on him simply by his reaction but I guess you can interpret that scene another way.

Edit: It actually wouldnt surprise me if the writers back-tracked and changed it to it being just about his strength.

Aerilon
July 26th, 2008, 03:13 AM
The shot in Runner where he has a flashback to the Wraith trying to feed on him definately come across to me as the Wraith not being able to feed on him simply by his reaction but I guess you can interpret that scene another way.I remember that now, and to be honest, I can only interpret that a single way. That way being, that the Wraith couldn't feed of him. Why would a Wraith turn down the oppertunity to feed on someone so strong? Makes little sense to me.

Looks like they screwed up on this one folks. lol

Prior_of_the_Ori
July 26th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I remember that now, and to be honest, I can only interpret that a single way. That way being, that the Wraith couldn't feed of him. Why would a Wraith turn down the oppertunity to feed on someone so strong? Makes little sense to me.

Well partly because:
Ronan was fed upon and given his life back in an attempt to brainwash him. If he was immune, then such a technique wouldnt work so while most people assumed it was because he was immune, I think they just backtracked and retconned it.

naamiaiset
July 26th, 2008, 04:03 AM
I remember that now, and to be honest, I can only interpret that a single way. That way being, that the Wraith couldn't feed of him. Why would a Wraith turn down the oppertunity to feed on someone so strong? Makes little sense to me.

it isn't a screw up, even TPTB aren't that inept (well... at times. :S). ronon isn't immune to being fed on, the wraith stopped because he sensed his strength. it's the same reason the wraith in BT makes it a challenge to break him. plus, if ronon was immune, atlantis would have to know by now and probably would've taken advantage of it. that would be a pretty big thing to neglect mentioning.

jenks
July 26th, 2008, 04:52 AM

It makes more sense than letting someone immune to the feeding process walk straight out of the door.

KindlyKeller
July 26th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Yeah, I think people just (reasonably) read something into the scene that wasn't actually there. It's a logical conclusion to have reached, but it was never even once said explicitly by anyone, anywhere, anytime, so I wouldn't call it an inconsistency.

kirkeastmetn
July 26th, 2008, 05:00 AM
It does make me wonder wether the staff here will update the main site entry on Ronan so that instead of saying

Ronon's physiology is unique. Not only can the Wraith apparently not feed on him

It just says,
Ronon's physiology is unique.

x303
July 26th, 2008, 06:35 AM
yeah omnipedia says

"Ronon's physiology is unique. Not only can the Wraith apparently not feed on him, but he also fully recovered from a stunner blast within seconds."

but they cover their back coz it was written ages ago and say "apparently".

in fact (well i think) ronan was just made a runner for sport. people hunt food so do the wraith. runners are jus sport for wraith and ronna was badass enough to make it a good sport.

he's slightly immune to stunners coz he's strong, stubborn, got a high threshold and been shot so many times it doesn't affect him like it once did. takes a few shots. its been like that fora while now, i think even before he joined atlantis.

jenks
July 26th, 2008, 07:16 AM
"They" is just the people who run this site, they're about as much an official source as you or me.

Lahela
July 26th, 2008, 09:59 AM
He was never immune... I honestly don't see where that idea comes from given that he had a whopping great feeding scar until Rodney healed them in TofR.

From Runner:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/runner_chest.jpg

Art dept. pic:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/ronon_scars2.jpg

miniglik
July 26th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I was always under the impression that they couldnt feed on him but reading some other threads a lot of people are saying the Wraith just detected his strength and chose not to feed :S which sounds really lame imo but I guess thats the answer. The shot in Runner where he has a flashback to the Wraith trying to feed on him definately come across to me as the Wraith not being able to feed on him simply by his reaction but I guess you can interpret that scene another way.

Edit: It actually wouldnt surprise me if the writers back-tracked and changed it to it being just about his strength.

I watched it without any showrunner input and assumed it was that they sensed something in him, that's why they made him a runner.

(Similar to Todd talking about Sheppard's strength in Common Ground and the first Wraith queen talking about Sumner's strength in Rising. They covet the strong willed, and it makes for an excellent personality trait for good prey.)

Xaeden
July 26th, 2008, 02:54 PM

Because for whatever reason that sect of Wraith liked to hunt Humans and were specifically looking for the strongest and most resilient among them as they make for a greater challenge. How does that make sense? Should they have only picked the weakest Humans to hunt?

Amalthea
July 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Nah, he's not immune, they had every intention of feeding on him, they were just looking for good sport first. They get easy kills all the time, so I suppose there's something to be said for a challenge. They just underestimated how long it would take to get him.

Ripple in Space
July 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Because for whatever reason that sect of Wraith liked to hunt Humans and were specifically looking for the strongest and most resilient among them as they make for a greater challenge. How does that make sense? Should they have only picked the weakest Humans to hunt?

I think it makes sense that Wraith would make Runners. Based on what we've seen they have no culture, no arts or pop-media, all they do involves culling. So hunting down strong humans would be their logical recreational activity.

Think about it, they don't even date or have families since there's like a 25,000:1 male:female ratio.

Cryowolf
July 26th, 2008, 07:30 PM
No you're absolutely right, that was how it was portrayed, that their only usefulness was to become a runner.

But the show has changed showrunners, and they seem to be reinventing the wheel; turning it square in the process. I'm not gonna complain about it all though, because Atlantis is still very good, maybe even better in some aspects.

I just hope they don't do things like these in the future.

Xaeden
July 26th, 2008, 08:26 PM
No you're absolutely right, that was how it was portrayed, that their only usefulness was to become a runner.

But the show has changed showrunners, and they seem to be reinventing the wheel; turning it square in the process. I'm not gonna complain about it all though, because Atlantis is still very good, maybe even better in some aspects.

I just hope they don't do things like these in the future.

Only, according to Mazzolli they discussed the scene with Rob Cooper and according to him he never intended for it come across as if Ronon couldn't be fed on. In his mind the Wraith always stopped because Ronon's defiance made the Wraith realize he would be a good runner. So I really don't think this is a case of them changing anything, but rather a scene that wasn't fully clear so it lead people to come to different conclusions (personally, I never assumed he couldn't be fed on when originally watching it).

Amalthea
July 26th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Only, according to Mazzolli they discussed the scene with Rob Cooper and according to him he never intended for it come across as if Ronon couldn't be fed on. In his mind the Wraith always stopped because Ronon's defiance made the Wraith realize he would be a good runner. So I really don't think this is a case of them changing anything, but rather a scene that wasn't fully clear so it lead people to come to different conclusions (personally, I never assumed he couldn't be fed on when originally watching it).

That's what I thought too... what ep was that?

The6thRace
July 26th, 2008, 08:33 PM
It's amazing what a misconception it is, I thought it was just a couple of people, but apparently there are more out there who think this. Wow, I feel like I have to stop watching Atlantis now because of this thing people are seeing as wrong.

=SGA=Jason_Binn
July 26th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Wasn't Ronan made a Runner because the Wraith (for some unknown reason) couldn't actually feed on him? This being the case, the fact that he was fed upon in this episode somewhat blows the past thought out of perspective.

Please do feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure this is the case.

correction: they just thought that ronon had "spirit" and motivation and therefore let him loose and challenging prey...that explains his early on animalistic behavior that resulting from years on the run

naamiaiset
July 26th, 2008, 08:35 PM
That's what I thought too... what ep was that?
"runner".

Col.Beowulf
July 26th, 2008, 09:03 PM

"I know what your talking about here is a direct quote from Wikipedia."

After that point, he was captured by the Wraith while they wiped out the planet. Ronon, who's unique physiology prevents him from being fed upon,[3] was made into a Runner. They implanted a tracking device in his upper back and set him loose to be constantly hunted. During the first few years of this, however, he learned several new tricks and decided to hunt them back. He stayed alive for seven years, until he eventually met up with the Atlantis Expedition."So yes he should be immune to the Feeding Process."

jelgate
July 26th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Yes, because Wikipedia is always right:rolleyes:

miniglik
July 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM
"I know what your talking about here is a direct quote from Wikipedia."
"So yes he should be immune to the Feeding Process."

This is why the perception is so widespread. Fanon hits a wiki and it must be canon.

(You are aware the wikipedia is a user input information source, right? It doesn't have to be accurate, and in this case is just a misconception of some of the fans written as fact.)

Amalthea
July 26th, 2008, 10:04 PM
"runner".

I'm bad with titles. LOL I also didn't think they jumped into a backstory so quickly but meh. The mind plays tricks... much like the wraith used to. Thanks! :)

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2008, 10:14 PM

It was never stated that the Wraith couldn't feed on him. My interpretation always was that the Wraith sensed he would be more usefull as a toy than food.;)

Xaeden
July 26th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I find it funny that wikipedia's source links to gateworld's omnipeda, which doesn't even exactly say that. At one point it says this:

"He was taken aboard a hive ship, but when a Wraith attempted to feed on him something forced it to stop. Instead of dying as food, Ronon was made a runner: The Wraith implanted a transmitter in his back and let him go, hunting him across many worlds for sport, for training, or for some other, unknown reason."

Then later it says this:

Ronon's physiology is unique. Not only can the Wraith apparently not feed on him, but he also fully recovered from a stunner blast within seconds.

Apparently, the author of that bit in wikipedia thinks it's okay to ignore the word "apparently" and pass it off as if Ronon indeed cannot be fed on. When clearly the omnipedia is being speculative. So he/she took the source he linked to out of context and didn't bother doing original research as it hasn't been said Ronon can't be fed on in any official capacity.

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I find it funny that wikipedia's source links to gateworld's omnipeda, which doesn't even exactly say that. At one point it says this:

"He was taken aboard a hive ship, but when a Wraith attempted to feed on him something forced it to stop. Instead of dying as food, Ronon was made a runner: The Wraith implanted a transmitter in his back and let him go, hunting him across many worlds for sport, for training, or for some other, unknown reason."

Then later it says this:

Ronon's physiology is unique. Not only can the Wraith apparently not feed on him, but he also fully recovered from a stunner blast within seconds.

Apparently, the author of that bit in wikipedia thinks it's okay to ignore the word "apparently" and pass it off as if Ronon indeed cannot be fed on. When clearly the omnipedia is being speculative. So he/she took the source he linked to out of context and didn't bother doing original research as it hasn't been said Ronon can't be fed on in any official capacity.
Yeah it's not like Wiki is never wrong. *end sarcasam* ;)

miniglik
July 26th, 2008, 10:34 PM

Then later it says this:

Nice. Add to that the fact that the Omnipedia is a fan endeavor too. Oh, internets -- such an elaborate game of telephone.

And since the Omnipedia is itself a fan endeavor...

Oh internets. Such an elaborate game of telephone.

jelgate
July 26th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Not to mention that the Omnipedia is seriously outdated

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Not to mention that the Omnipedia is seriously outdated

That too. It hasn't been updated since season 9 and 2 has it.

Col.Beowulf
July 27th, 2008, 01:56 AM
This is why the perception is so widespread. Fanon hits a wiki and it must be canon.

(You are aware the wikipedia is a user input information source, right? It doesn't have to be accurate, and in this case is just a misconception of some of the fans written as fact.)

"I know that Wikipedia isn't always right, but the shows back that up. Runner and Sateda show that the Wraith can not feed on Ronon himself even says so in one of those two episodes."

Lahela
July 27th, 2008, 02:05 AM
"I know that Wikipedia isn't always right, but the shows back that up. Runner and Sateda show that the Wraith can not feed on Ronon himself even says so in one of those two episodes."

Ummm... a quote from a transcript would be helpful here, because I'm just not believing the bolded statement above :S

Elite Anubis Guard
July 27th, 2008, 02:19 AM
The only Stargate media to say he was immune to feeding was the novel Blood Ties and after it's publication, Joe was asked and he said no. That that'd never been the intention. I'd find the quote but I can't be fussed.

Shan Bruce Lee
July 27th, 2008, 02:25 AM

There's nothing in either of those episodes that says Ronon can't be fed upon.

naamiaiset
July 27th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Ummm... a quote from a transcript would be helpful here, because I'm just not believing the bolded statement above :S
good, because ronon's never said that.

Lahela
July 27th, 2008, 02:38 AM
good, because ronon's never said that.

I didn't think he had ;)

x303
July 27th, 2008, 03:01 AM
OK lets put this to rest.

unless someone can actually find a quote or clip of a wraith unabel to feed on ronan we're jus chasing our tale with thei misconception that ronan is unable to be fed on.

also if he was unable to be fed on it wud have warranted more focus like the hofman drug.

Mitchell82
July 27th, 2008, 09:39 AM

Neither am I.

jrd231
July 28th, 2008, 08:13 AM

The reason why it's so widespread is because clearly the episode Runner is insanely ambiguous. Up until Broken Ties I was also under the impression that Ronan couldn't be fed upon. Go back and watch how confused the Wraith looks when he tries to feed on Ronan in the flashback.

Regardless of what Joe Malozzi said, it's sloppy. Whether they retconned it or whether it was truly never meant to mean that Ronan can't be fed upon, it's just sloppy.

And, it wouldn't be the first time they've completely changed their minds. Asgard beaming technology and shields anyone? This is the second time in 3 episodes this season I've sat there and went "BULL****!" during an episode.

I've seen every episode of both SG1 and Atlantis, and for me to sit there and be this confused on something so important is poor story telling by the writers, producers, and directors of the show. Shame on them.

Alipeeps
July 28th, 2008, 08:53 AM

Um. No those episodes didn't show that and no Ronon has definitely never stated that. The show has never stated that Ronon is immune.

The only Stargate media to say he was immune to feeding was the novel Blood Ties and after it's publication, Joe was asked and he said no. That that'd never been the intention. I'd find the quote but I can't be fussed.

And the writer of the novel was a little embarrassed to realise she'd made a mistake too - and ascribed it to the perils of writing in an active fandom. See the Ask the Authors thread here on GW for the conversation about this. The novels aren't canon, though they are official tie-ins, and TPTB are not involved in reviewing/vetting them. MGM are but nobody's perfect and sometimes stuff slips through.

A Wraith Named Bob
July 28th, 2008, 09:48 AM
All I remember is that Ronon said that he made the Wraith stop feeding on him ("Runner" - I think). Whether or not that meant that they couldn't feed, I don't know. Either way the show has now determined and set on the fact that they can feed on him.

dasNdanger
July 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I believe they left it open for interpretation in Runner so that they could develop the storyline later.

I heard that Ronon could not be fed upon BEFORE watching Runner. When I finally watched the episode, I was waiting for a statement to be made that he could not be fed upon, but such a comment was never made. Instead, you see the Wraith look a bit surprised at Ronon's chest as he starts to feed. I interpreted that 'surprise' as - "Whoa! What do we have here?? This guy is special! Gotta tell the queen/commander about this one. Damn. There goes my dinner."

I felt the Wraith was both surprised at Ronon's resistence, and irritated that he couldn't finish feeding, but instead had to go report his find. We could even speculate that - as soon as he tasted Ronon's strength and defiance - the hive (or queen/commander) became aware of it, and 'ordered' him to stop feeding.

Either way, it's a small thing, really. They did not state that Ronon could NOT be fed upon, that was fan speculation. So, they didn't retcon their idea, they only clarified what had been misinterpreted by fans.

das

GoSpikey
July 28th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I wonder if, at a certain time, Rhys ran out of enzyme in his arm... :lol:

Maybe that was why there appeared to be so many breaks. :D

PG15
July 28th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I've seen every episode of both SG1 and Atlantis, and for me to sit there and be this confused on something so important is poor story telling by the writers, producers, and directors of the show. Shame on them.

Please. If you're this confused when others aren't then it's obviously your problem. Look at the facts please, and not fandom hearsay and established fanon. This is a case of the fandom being presumptuous (again), instead of realizing that it was supposed to be ambiguous. The whole "something made him stop" should've been clear to that.

That shield thing was a genuine plothole, but this ain't; it's just a continuation of the storyline, and now we have canon proof as to whether Ronon's immune or not.

And think about it; would a Wraith REALLY let an immune human out of their sights? What if they're discovered by a scientist or reproduced? Their entire food source could be tainted and they may not be able to feed in the future. It's not at all hard to figure out. The idea that Ronon was immune never even made any sense.

perkin127
July 31st, 2008, 05:24 AM
And think about it; would a Wraith REALLY let an immune human out of their sights? What if they're discovered by a scientist or reproduced? Their entire food source could be tainted and they may not be able to feed in the future. It's not at all hard to figure out. The idea that Ronon was immune never even made any sense.

thats a good point, i mean rember the hoffmans, atlantis told them they wriath would destroy them if they found out they could not feed, whats the point of humans if u cant feed. i too thought for a while that ronon couldnt be fed on, reinforced when i read blood ties but i think that at the time the writers wernt sure where they were going with ronon so kept in ambiguos, but hey it keeps us guessing which i like

Jill_Ion
July 31st, 2008, 07:43 AM
The reason why it's so widespread is because clearly the episode Runner is insanely ambiguous. Up until Broken Ties I was also under the impression that Ronan couldn't be fed upon. Go back and watch how confused the Wraith looks when he tries to feed on Ronan in the flashback.

Regardless of what Joe Malozzi said, it's sloppy. Whether they retconned it or whether it was truly never meant to mean that Ronan can't be fed upon, it's just sloppy.

Please. If you're this confused when others aren't then it's obviously your problem. Look at the facts please, and not fandom hearsay and established fanon. This is a case of the fandom being presumptuous (again), instead of realizing that it was supposed to be ambiguous. The whole "something made him stop" should've been clear to that.

I wouldn't say "insanely ambiguous." YMMV. Just because it wasn't spelled out doesn't make it sloppy or insane. It was a bit of a mystery - the "something" that made the Wraith stop feeding. Well, it turns out it's cuz Ronon is such a badass he made an excellent Runner for the Wraith to chase for years.

Maybe you're confusing the Wraith's expression under all of the makeup and prosthetics. Instead of "confusion," he was trying to express frustration, cuz, as others have stated, he had a powerful human that he was under orders to turn into a Runner when he was feeling quite peckish.

PG15 makes a good point that if Ronon really was immune to the feeding process, the last thing the Wraith would do was turn him loose, potentially to share his immune-DNA with all of the pretty ladies in the galaxy. They'd kill him outright, as they did the the Hoffans.

So, I guess we all have to accept Ronon doesn't have "special powers." He's just a cool guy who kicks Wraith tail.

Merlin's_Legacy
July 31st, 2008, 10:22 AM
We know the Wraith are telepathic. We know that the enzyme partially protects their victims from the trauma of feeding and ramps up the victims' strength and endurance. In almost every branch of Sci-Fi a telepath is able to read deeper with physical contact.

Maybe there is a telepathic connection to the victim during the feeding process and the wraith in the Runner flashback was not up to fighting the strength of Ronon's mind. Imagine trying to eat a meal while the room is filled with a scent of decay and a harsh siren is blaring right in your ears. You'd probably say it's not worth the trouble.

It's my opinion that this is what happened with the Wraith in Runner. Ronon's mind was pumping out so much negative energy that the telepathic contact that is part of the feeding process made Ronon not worth the trouble.

dragongirl
August 1st, 2008, 09:10 AM
Ronon isn't immune to the feeding the Wraith in Runner was overcome by the pure hate that was coming from Ronon. Look at his Face he was mad as h#ll they had killed the woman he loved and everyone he knew. The wraith figured that he would make good sport to hunt (IMO) and then in Sateda that wraith was about to feed on Ronon before the PJ uncloaked and the wraith was hit with a drone.

Plus like it was said earlier if Ronon was immune there is no way the wraith would have let him go they would have wanted to study him to find out why he was immune.

I also think that if Ronon were to be immune there would be others and Atlantis would have found them by now.

Mitchell82
August 1st, 2008, 11:38 AM
It's not confusion. He sensed something that's it.

And, it wouldn't be the first time they've completely changed their minds. Asgard beaming technology and shields anyone? This is the second time in 3 episodes this season I've sat there and went "BULL****!" during an episode.

Oh please I've seen the episode countless times and I never once got that impression.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
August 1st, 2008, 08:06 PM

The same reason so many people are into sport hunting. The thrill of chasing a magnificent beast. Human hunters often don't even eat their prey.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
August 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
So, I guess we all have to accept Ronon doesn't have "special powers." He's just a cool guy who kicks Wraith tail.

Exactly.

Wayston
August 3rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
I also don't see why people would think ronon was somehow immune;

as has been pointed out it was already established in season 1 that the wraith wouldn't let people immune to the feeding process live... which makes sense; the fact that ronon's supposed immunity wasn't investigated ever by the earth expedition also supports that he is in fact not immune

as for the wraith deciding not to feed on him... there is nothing strange about that... it has already been established that prior to earth's arrival the wraith had no famine (ie no pressing need to feed on him) and that they use humans for various purposes other than feeding

The Shrike
August 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
I also don't see why people would think ronon was somehow immune;...If you look at the transcript, he says something made the wraith stop feeding, many people assumed that meant they were somehow unable to feed upon him, making him somewhat special. The writers have now decided he isn't special, which is their perogative, of course they could also decide Teyla is schizophrenic, the Weir we saw is an organic clone, and nobody really has the ancient gene. I'm sure there would be no complaints at all.

Alipeeps
August 4th, 2008, 05:52 AM
The writers have now decided he isn't special, which is their perogative

The writers have clearly stated that they never intended Ronon to be immune from feeding. So unless you have proof that they did intend him to be immune when they wrote and filmed Runner and have since changed their minds, the above is merely your opinion, and not the fact that you are trying to state it as. ;)

The Shrike
August 4th, 2008, 10:31 AM
The writers have clearly stated that they never intended Ronon to be immune from feeding....The writers haven't clearly stated anything, which is why this thread was started. Like I said, it's their perogative to "clarify' the backstory in any way they want, just don't expect everyone to believe it was that way all along.

SGLAB
August 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
The flashback was told from Ronon's point of view. He made it clear he didn't know why the wraith stopped. And we only know what Ronon knows. Ronon had even asked Teyla her opinion on why they make people Runners. Unless they find that Wraith and ask him, we won't know why he stopped.

CazzBlade
August 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
The writers haven't clearly stated anything, which is why this thread was started. Like I said, it's their perogative to "clarify' the backstory in any way they want, just don't expect everyone to believe it was that way all along.

As far as I know they have clearly stated. One of the authors that wrote an SGA book made the mistake that Ronon couldn't be fed upon and TPTB cleared it up then and the author was very embarrassed that she had got it wrong.

FallenAngelII
August 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM
It was never ever stated that Ronon could not be fed upon. It was later, however, stated that the Wraith just felt him a suitable runner.

After all, the Wraith can taste strength and defiance, among other things, when feeding. He probably felt Ronon would make an excellent runner once he started feeding on him and immediately stopped.

Automission
September 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Well i also felt it was a can't be fed upon thing. It seems odd to me really. Also sort of changes my perspective of Ronan, somehow. Shame that.

GateMark
September 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I totally misintrepreted this episode!!!!!!!

I was assuming RONAN couldn't be fed upon too. So when they did capture him, the WRAITH were merely draining him as much as they could & it was his own "special" metabolism that was reverting him back to normal.

I saw it as the goal wasn't to drain him, (which I thought they couldn't) but to "draw" the WRAITH enzyme into him to make him dependant on it & the WRAITH (which in the past we know he CAN be addicted too) .

death19
November 5th, 2008, 04:29 PM

Whilst i agree that i thought that he was immune to the feeding process watching the initial episode back Ronon does not say he has an immumity, just that "for some reason the wraith stopped". I think i let down part of hist background and story when they showed him being fed upon. He was a runner and surely the wraith would feed on him if he was so strong?

bobsenior
April 8th, 2009, 02:34 AM
He was never immune... I honestly don't see where that idea comes from given that he had a whopping great feeding scar until Rodney healed them in TofR.

From Runner:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/runner_chest.jpg

Art dept. pic:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/lilyjammer/ronon_scars2.jpg

This isn't proof, in season 1 episode 'Poisoning the Well' Beckett gave the Hoffan Drug to the terminally ill volunteer and when the Wraith Steve attempted to feed he couldn't, although he still left the scars:

To be honest this was just a mistake (although the writers would never admit it) Ronon was originally immune to Wraith feeding, it wasn't that they sensed his strength! (that's the crapest excuse ever by the way)

In season 2 episode 'Runner' where Ronon had a flashback of a Wraith attempting to feed on him, the Wraith's facial expression is confused, as in 'why isn't this working'!!

In season 1 episode 'Rising' when Colonel Sumner was being fed on by a Wraith Queen, she said
"I have not tasted such strength in so long!" She didn't release him and turn him into a runner!!