Wraith Transporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Transporters

So when the team infiltrated the enemy base (boy the Wraith don't know how to guard things) they used what appeared to be a Wraith beaming device that acted like a transporter. Is this the first time we've seen something like this? Also, I know it's been done in previous seasons where people are okay after using the Wraith beaming things, but weren't they supposed to sort of knock you out when you were rematerialized?
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
    So when the team infiltrated the enemy base (boy the Wraith don't know how to guard things) they used what appeared to be a Wraith beaming device that acted like a transporter. Is this the first time we've seen something like this? Also, I know it's been done in previous seasons where people are okay after using the Wraith beaming things, but weren't they supposed to sort of knock you out when you were rematerialized?
    No they used the transporters in 'Reunion'. I don't remember if they've used them in any other episodes though.
    That last part I have no idea what you mean.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
      No they used the transporters in 'Reunion'. I don't remember if they've used them in any other episodes though.
      That last part I have no idea what you mean.
      Well, I thought the point of the Wraith beaming devices was to incapacitate the victim so that when they were rematerialized on board a larger ship (i.e. a hive) they would be easy to put into storage/cocoons. Now the transporters are probably different but what about all the other times the team has been beamed in and out with little effect on them, such as in "The Hive"? (I know, I'm talking about a season 2 episode in a season 5 thread, but it's sort of related.)

Comment

Well, I thought the point of the Wraith beaming devices was to incapacitate the victim so that when they were rematerialized on board a larger ship (i.e. a hive) they would be easy to put into storage/cocoons. Now the transporters are probably different but what about all the other times the team has been beamed in and out with little effect on them, such as in "The Hive"? (I know, I'm talking about a season 2 episode in a season 5 thread, but it's sort of related.)
        That would be a culling beam.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

When in a dart storage unit it beams you up and incapacitates you.
          We learned this in "The Lost Boys" when Ford is talking about how he was awake when then got him out of the dart.
          made by scifan

Comment

Okey-Dokey.

Comment

If this was designed to be used by Wraith as a transporter, rather than for culling humans, it shouldn't knock the user out.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                If this was designed to be used by Wraith as a transporter, rather than for culling humans, it shouldn't knock the user out.
                Exactly!
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                  Yeah. I guess my question was more about the other forms of Wraith beaming technology, which doesn't pertain to this show. Therefore, my post doesn't need to be in this section of the forums. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Comment

Also, I know it's been done in previous seasons where people are okay after using the Wraith beaming things, but weren't they supposed to sort of knock you out when you were rematerialized?
                    Presumably, the culling beam would be different from the "elevator" beam. If you're going to eat something later, do you really want it completely lucid while you're moving it from the grocery bag to the refrigerator?

Comment

It's obviously tech derived from the culling beam in some way and it's good that they have it. Walking from one end of a hiveship to the other would literally take something like 3-4 hours. I can see why they invented something like this. I don't see why it's not locked out to not accept commands from humans attempting to use it to escape or move around their facilities though.

Even if this guy in the episode used human worshippers a lot damn, you'd think he'd at least want to have to buzz humans in.

The one seen previously was the same story to as I recall. How hard would it be to just beam unauthorized/unfamiliar users to a holding room until they were buzzed through security by actual guards looking on a monitor, you know just to make sure they're not entire commando teams packed with explosives.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                        Presumably, the culling beam would be different from the "elevator" beam. If you're going to eat something later, do you really want it completely lucid while you're moving it from the grocery bag to the refrigerator?
                        On the other hand, everytime we've seen darts reverse their culling beams, the humans that pop out weren't incapacitated.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

think about this from logical species view rather than technical.

its jus beaming tech of sorts. they use darts and beam transporter to pick up people (food) and drop off wraith soldiers as we have seen many times before. when they've stormed atlantis and culled people etc.

im guessin and its a pretty safe guess that there is a control setting that allows the pilot to pick up, drop off or pick up and stun or drop off and stun.

the beaming transporter tech is jus like all the other matter transporters we've seen (rings, altantis transporter, asgard beam etc). its jus transports matter, that dematerialises, stores, sends, rematerialises.

the wraith probably modified it to stun as well.

i actually didnt know that it did stun, im only going off what pj passenger said about what ford said.

liek i say its just modified with the option to stun coz we've seen them drop off wraith soldiers via a dart. and wraith are not immune to their own stunners so that wud not explain them being dropped off fine. only ronan to some extent coz he's strong and been stunned so many times he's adapted.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            On the other hand, everytime we've seen darts reverse their culling beams, the humans that pop out weren't incapacitated.
                            That was my main point, but considering i really didn't pertain to this episode, I let it drop.

Comment

Maybe each transporter has multiple settings, we know that darts can also beam humans without incapacitating them (Sateda, The Lost Boys.)

Comment

Working...
                              X