Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do u think that TV GUIDE had a special on Stargate S-G1?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do u think that TV GUIDE had a special on Stargate S-G1?

I was watching TV Guide "on TV" and then saw something stargate..........I was surprised you dont usually see anything like that outside scifi...is it growing?? is this good???

Last edited by anubis3355; 07 May 2004, 05:24 PM.
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

actually Stargate has been featured on the cover of Tv Guide before, its nothing new or special

Comment

yeah it is nothing special, and btw i still have the one with info and pics of SGA

Comment

Hey Newbie... any chance you could scan that one page? I would have paid for the whole issue just to see it... but I didn't know they put in the next week's issues mid-week, so when I got to my local supermarket, it was too late... bummer for me. But any chance you could scan it?
        Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I Was not talking about SG1 on the magazine...............I say I saw it on the TV!!!!! on a channel thats not scifi.............

Comment

On TV?!? Wow, I never thought I'd see Stargate there!

Comment

um...stargate is a syndicated show...meaning that the shows in distributed in the syndicated fox (?) market. the syndication run is (in stargate's case) a season' behind scifi's run. a lot of shows do this...that's why you can find shows like frasier or friends on channels that are not owned by nbc...
              My flickr photography.

Comment

It was'nt the Fox channel either...........it was the TV Guide Channel!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by anubis3355
                  I Was not talking about SG1 on the magazine...............I say I saw it on the TV!!!!! on a channel thats not scifi.............
                  You're talking about the TV Guide Channel on the cable, correct? The one that has the rolling channel listings -they do have highlights of current shows and events and they do interviews with the various cast members.

That's what you're talking about, right?
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                    You're talking about the TV Guide Channel on the cable, correct? The one that has the rolling channel listings -they do have highlights of current shows and events and they do interviews with the various cast members.

That's what you're talking about, right?
                    Right! That one! I was very surprized, they said something like "forget startrek, its all about stargate sg1, scifi's top rated original series" or something close to that....cool huh??

Comment

people actually watch that channel? i know there is usually something going on in the window on the top half but i just check the listings and change channels, i didnt think anyone actually watched it

Comment

Originally posted by JakeDeuxPointZero
                        Hey Newbie... any chance you could scan that one page? I would have paid for the whole issue just to see it... but I didn't know they put in the next week's issues mid-week, so when I got to my local supermarket, it was too late... bummer for me. But any chance you could scan it?
                        yeah..it's gonna take some time, tho...if my dad didn't get rid of it yet...

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                          people actually watch that channel? i know there is usually something going on in the window on the top half but i just check the listings and change channels, i didnt think anyone actually watched it
                          Well, ifyou turn over to see what's on and you have over a hundred channels, you do tend to be there for a moment. They run all sorts of programming, behind the scenes sorts, interviews, infomercials, ect. Depending on when you happen to turn over, you can watch some pretty interesting stuff.
                          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                          it has it's own laws and beats about things
                          which the intellect scorns."
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Cool. Now, I'm not (yet) crazy enough to tape and watch the TV Guide channel for a Stargate segment...so,

can you give a description/rundown of the segment? Was it basically a behind-the-scenes, or just a commercial? See anything new or interesting?
                            "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                            "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                            "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
                            --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

I think it's great to see more and more Stargate mentions - from Conan to the TV Guide channel to TV Guide. Now that it's more accessible/advertised, more people are finding out what a great show it is which I think benefits the show and its future (spinoffs, books, etc.). Also, now I can say to all these people who thought I was nuts to have Showtime ha! I knew it was good from day 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X